Cyprus Airways Trident Pictures

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

Dear friends

I would like if it is possible and if you have available, any information any pictures anything available regarding Cyprus Airways Trident fleet the airline operated during 1969 to 1974. Moreover, any other items like timetables of Cyprus Airways or any other memorabilia that can be scanned and sent to me are also appreciated

Thank You

Elias

Original post

Member for

21 years

re cyprus airways tridents

cyprus eagle were about in cyprus are you located please contact me via email and not only i can help you of info re the cyprus trident fleet but with photos of the ill fated trident at the old nicosia int airport with all the buttelt hole in it and nearley 32 years old now ok
skyjet

Member for

24 years 2 months

There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of infomation about the old Cyprus Aiwats Trident fleet.

I managed to find this pic though. :) Sorry that I couldn't be more help.

Member for

24 years 2 months

here's a trident in Nicosia.

Member for

24 years 2 months

This maybe slights off-topic, (and a daft question) but does Nicosia airport still exist?

I'm only aware of Larnaca & Paphos.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Is there not also the wreckage of Trident aircraft at Ercan?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by Pembo330
This maybe slights off-topic, (and a daft question) but does Nicosia airport still exist?

I'm only aware of Larnaca & Paphos.

AS far as I know Nicosia is not operational...except mayber the odd helicopter movement...leaving just Larnaca and Paphos International to serve the Island.

There are also a few emergency runways that could be used on the Motorways. One on the way to Paphos and one towards Larnaca. Easy to spot cos of the captains bars and hardstanding at each end....not too sure about the central reservation / barrier down the middle tho

Member for

21 years

re nicosia int airport

dear alll
most certneley nicosia int airport dose still exit and i onsley say that because i had the houner to vist it only a couple of months ago and the privaledge to stand by the side of the old shout up trident of cyprus airways photo shown by our fellow member a330 crazy whom i say a big hallow birthday to him today and hope he has many more birthdays and thanks for all his great photos post in this great forum probley the best
recards
skyjet
from the great repulic of cyprus
long long live nicosia int airport

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY 22 MARCH 2003 A330 CRAZY

Member for

24 years 2 months

Lol. Thank you SkyJet. :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Does anyone know if any Tridents are still operational? I find them interesting aircraft, more so than 727's - similar, but with exotic things like extra booster engines!

Member for

21 years

to all of you who have responded

Dear Friends

i would like to express my graditute for replying to my request and from the various resources that you have diverted to me regarding the Cyprus Airways Trident fleet. I was and I am still facinated by the Tridents, which as one of our friends stated they are far better than the B727's since they have a better exotic look. But, I believe the idea behind B727 was originated from Trident (please correct me if this is wrong).

I envy you Skyjet who you had the previledge to visit the disserted airport. That is a dream I want to fullfill. I tried to reach UN to allow me to enter the premises of the Airport, but I heared no reply. Guess, I didnt look for the right persons.

Once again people, I thank you all for your replies.

Regards
Elias Elia

Member for

21 years

The Search Goes on.... it never ends

Dear Friends

I apologise for bringing this subject back again on the front line. I know it may be boring, but hopefully with this post you will understand why I am bringing it back to the surface.

After reading the various posts that you were placed, a friend wrote rather suggested that there are other Tridents stored at Ercan (the Airport in the Occupied Areas of Cyprus). I had some information that Iraqi Airways Trident(s) were stored in Ercan, and for this reason the Cyprus Airways Trident stranded in Nicosia Airport was derelict heavily by Turks; in search for spares and other viable

I never had in my possession any evidence to suggest that Iraqi Airways indeed were operating Trident types... until today... I found this picture which I am attaching.... showing an Iraqi Airways Trident Two aircraft on London Heathrow..... the de-relicted Cyprus Airways Trident is in fact a Trident Two example....

Are the pieces of the puzzle slowly slowly put together?

Kind Regards

P.S if anybody has any information or want to add further comment please post it. I understand that you may consider I am a Trident-obsessed guy... but, werent they beautiful?