British Airways In A Recruitment Drive

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years

British Airways In A Recruitment Drive

Emirates Airlines has been touring the world recruiting pilots to satisfy its growth demands. But it is not just the Middle East where demand for pilots is on the rise. British Airways today launched what it says is its biggest recruitment drive in over a decade, with plans to hire more than 800 pilots in the next five years.

11th August 2011

As well as recruiting experienced pilots from other airlines and ex-military pilots, British Airways says it will help around 400 aspiring pilots with the cost of training through its Future Pilot Program.

Given cutbacks in the U.K. armed forces, the uptake from that quarter is likely to be high.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blogs/commercial_aviation/ThingsWithWings/index.jsp?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&newspaperUserId=7a78f54e-b3dd-4fa6-ae6e-dff2ffd7bdbb&plckPostId=Blog%3a7a78f54e-b3dd-4fa6-ae6e-dff2ffd7bdbbPost%3ad964ce66-7715-40b8-9295-3f5650425dd1&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Will be of interest for some of our young aspiring pilots.

In the time it has taken me to write this post, I bet BA has received 800 applications. :D

Original post

Member for

15 years 9 months

Excellent news as RAF pilots make good airline pilots

Excellent news as RAF pilots make good airline pilots.:)
I had already put similar words in the threads on RAF Leuchars closure and it means we have a robust national airline in safe disciplined hands.:D

There's a future for you too my young friend. Stay cool and get your hours and theory done diligently. (Please pardon the old fashioned word)

Bye bye LCC of disrepute. (No names mentioned):rolleyes: