Thomson Airways G-PJLO

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

Good morning,

Yesterday morning G - PJLO postioned from MAN to LTN as TOM 9802. It's replacement across the pond later in the day was G - OBYG (a high density seating version).

Does anyone have any information as to how long PJLO will be in maintenance for at Luton, is it short term or has it been pulled from the fleet as some other sites are suggesting?

The reason for the question is that i'm flying MAN - SFB in 3 weeks time and PJLO has operated that route all spring and summer. PJLO is a 258 seat version of the 767 (ex FCA) with a premium aconomy cabin whereas OBYG and it's siblings are all 328 seat varieties with no premium economy cabin.

Any information gratefully accepted.

Jon

Original post

Member for

14 years 8 months

if you have paid extra for premium economy i would be worried

Member for

18 years 11 months

PJLO postioned back to MAN from LTN this morning.

Keeping my fingers crsossed for the next 3 weeks!

Member for

18 years 4 months

if you have paid extra for premium economy i would be worried

I would be so called Premium Economy on those old FCA aircraft is Horrible! Infact the whole Interior of those things wants gutting!

Member for

20 years 2 months

I would be so called Premium Economy on those old FCA aircraft is Horrible! Much prefer the TOM A/C!

Umm aren’t they about the same age?, we flew on PJLO last Dec to Barbados, they have the updated interior and pleasant 2x3x2 seating in the back was very comfortable for the 10 hour flight. I thought the Tom long haul are the same pitch but more seats and do not have the 777 style inside.

Isn’t seating less on the ex FCA 767's due to less passenger exits or smaller doors to TOM and having a floor that cannot support the packed in Tom cattle trucks?

Member for

18 years 11 months

I would be so called Premium Economy on those old FCA aircraft is Horrible! Infact the whole Interior of those things wants gutting!

Lukeylad

Many thanks for your encouraging comments, so pleased I spent the extra £900 now!

Wilag, i hope you're nearer the mark.

Jon