Paint jobs

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Okay...I've just built the latest all singing, all dancing, does everything for you 747 and now the dude who'se buying it says he wants it painted in the Aboriginal paint scheme he's seen on Airliners.net. How the hell do I go about painting a colour scheme like that on a chuffing great plane like the 747 ?

Do I stand back and give someone directions with a felt tip pen, where to draw the lines or do I get a slide projector and project the image my customer wants on the plane ?

In other words...how the h*ll do they do those fantastic colour schemes and keep the perspective and stop the colours running and probably just as important, how much does it cost ?

Over to you

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

The original artwork is digitized on computer, resized and templates are made to scale, which are placed on the aircraft and then sprayed to produce a perfect scaled-up copy of the original artwork - clever stuff!:)

Regards, Dazza.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Originally posted by Dazza
The original artwork is digitized on computer, resized and templates are made to scale, which are placed on the aircraft and then sprayed to produce a perfect scaled-up copy of the original artwork - clever stuff!:)

Regards, Dazza.

Blimey...must have one hell of a big printer !!!...not to mention monitor.

Only joking

Thanx. Often wondered how they did it