Lelystad Airport (LEY)?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Hi all,

I know this is not strictly to do with commericial aviation so to speak, but seeing as this is the thread that I most commonly visit I felt it best to post it here; MODs please feel free to move if necessary!

Basically, I am going on a day trip to Lelystad Airport (LEY) in Holland at the end of May, and I am wondering what the best way to get there would be...I am currently thinking that flying into AMS and then getting a train and taxi would be the best option, however, I am wondering if anyone can provide any alternative at all?

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

Cloud_9

I've flown into Lelystad before from Staverton. It was a great trip. It is about 45 minutes by road to Schiphol from there. We basically sold an aircraft to a flight school over there and got Easyjet back. The owner of the flight school gave us a lift back to AMS. As for trains, I would imagine there are trains to AMS from near there.
What are you going over for if you don't mind me asking?

Member for

16 years 3 months

Cloud 9,

Trip is pretty straight forward. Seem to remember the train from Schipol to Lelystad was direct or at most one change. There was a bus service from outside Lelystad station to the airfield, not too frequent but it worked for me. I visited Aviodrome: good museum if you have the time.

Overall, public transport in Holland is very good.

Planemike...........

Member for

24 years 2 months

48 minutes by train to Lelystad Centrum. Then 11 minutes by bus, line 148 to Harderwijk. When you take the intercity train you will have 8 minutes to get to the bus.

Here's a link to a journey planner with all public transport in the Netherlands: http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/.