BA 146 at Luanda

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 11 months

Caught sight of a BA 146 at Luanda yesterday, G-???? registration (sorry did not manage to remember it!) Livery looked like the remains of BA - grey lower fuselage. Anyone know identity and reason for its presence? (Looked out for it again today but no sign of it)
Thanks.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Possibly Air Congo? They got a livery similar to BA's. Instead of a flag in the colours Red/Blue/Red seperated by white they got Green/Yellow/red seperated by white. I can only find a single photo of one of their planes online, and it has no colours on the lower fuselage. Just white like the rest of the plane.

Neither of their planes are registered in the UK though.

Most of those third world airlines don't bother too much with a paint job, so very often they leave the old livery on the plane and just obliterate the insignia. Probably forget to change the tail number as well.

Member for

17 years 11 months

They usually seem to be pretty quick to re-register anything, (D2-XXX) down here. I was presuming that the 146 was on delivery, just wondering where to etc.

Maybe Sonangol? Certainly not TAAG. Too bad you didn't get the G number, that would have revealed it. I forgot, there was another airline called Gemini there.

Member for

19 years 8 months

An ex-British Airways 146 ferried from Kemble to South Africa middle of last week...

Member for

17 years 11 months

Thanks, that sounds probable.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Wonder if this was your bird...? According to Skyliner:

BAe / Avro RJ85 2385 ZS- South African Airlink delivery 25-26nov10 EGBP-GIB-NDB-…-JNB , ex G-LCYC

Member for

17 years 11 months

Quite possibly, sorry I can't remember the the UK reg ...

I just saw a South African registered BAE 146 landing in Libreville. Maybe the same company (they are usually chartered all over Africa)