Member for

24 years 3 months

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/photos/OHLQF.jpg

Source: http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/photos/OHLQF.jpg

someone forgot the paint? :eek:

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

I quite liked the Finnair colours as they were. This is just awful.

Member for

18 years 7 months

What T5 says above...;)

Member for

18 years 6 months

I was just sick a little in my mouth :(

Member for

20 years 6 months

Pen-pusher's special!
They'll be regretting that decision not that Air Finland have a far, far superior livery.
This looks very much like a temporary livery. Something you slap onto a plane that you're only operating for 6 months or so.

Poor effort.

Member for

20 years 9 months

I have always liked Finnair colours but this is awful.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well, I share everybody's opinion here: just ugly!

Member for

16 years 6 months

underwhelming - like most modern schemes.

Member for

15 years 10 months

Must be the recession - it sure is hitting Nokia one of Finland's other big players

It's gross as colours - Must be the recession - it sure is hitting Nokia one of Finland's other big players - the way the scythe is going through Nokia's workforce worldwide

Member for

18 years 10 months

I think that this picture only shows the interim-version of a new livery? Just awful - like many new liveries...

Regards!

Member for

14 years

No, just, no!

Member for

24 years 3 months

If you're going this minimalist you may just as well put a small Finnair logo by each door and of course the obligatory registration and leave it at that:( I sincerely hope that as MD80 says its an interim scheme.

Member for

14 years 6 months

He guys, don't get your nickers in a twist just yet.

Finnair is stil working on their new livery. This A340 has got a temporary titles in the mean time.
If the new livery is just is bad we can start over again.

rgds
EC

Member for

18 years 3 months

In the words of my Finnish friends from uni .... vittu .... :eek::mad:

Member for

20 years 6 months

And to think, some agency will have been paid millions for that.
It's cheap, nasty, unimaginative and dated.

Member for

16 years 7 months

The guys here at Air Livery, Norwich, can and have done, a much better Finnish airline colour scheme in the recent past ......

Keith.

Member for

20 years 6 months

They say modern in the article. It might have been in the mid 90s when such schemes were the rage.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Finnair have launched this today and the aircraft has now had the "f" taken off of the winglets and the engine covers... so even more bland!

Member for

18 years 7 months

The carrier, which has been struggling to overturn losses, says the cost of the new look is around €10 million ($13 million)...

€10 million for that...no wonder they are struggling to overturn losses!:eek:

I have a friend in Canada who does freelance airline livery designs as a hobby right now...am sure he'd have been more than able and willing to of designed something for them, and he definatley wouldn't have charged them that kind of price, in fact he'd have probably done it for less than €1 million.

Such a shame it just looks so bland, however, the only redeeming feature it does have in its favour is that I do like the actual font that has been used for the letter of the "Finnair" titles.;)

Member for

18 years 6 months

I'm guessing when they say the cost of the new look is around $10m, they mean the cost of the contracting work, the painting, the rebranding etc - not just the cost of someone doing the design.