Malaysian unveils new c/s

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Malaysian has revealed its new livery....

see it here http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/6/4/6/1796646.jpg

Original post

Member for

20 years

Oooh, I'm not at all sure about that.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I think it looks rather out of place.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Looks more like a start up scheme or for a low cost arm.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Yes, it lacks something special but luckily Malaysia Airlines retained their traditional logo.

Bye

Member for

24 years 3 months

Boring .....

Member for

15 years 10 months

The logo is the only thing sensible

It looks a bit pathetic and almost a big stint on cost of full livery. Yuk.
At least the logo is intact.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Exactly what I was thinking. I saw this thread and expected to be leaving a comment of "about time, they could do with revising that livery." Was disappointed when I opened up the picture.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Another carrier taken in by an overpaid image 'consultant':( I do agree that Malaysian's scheme needed an update/change but really, is this the best that can be done?

Member for

18 years 3 months

Would I be killed if I said, I like it? *hides* :o

Member for

24 years 3 months

Would I be killed if I said, I like it? *hides* :o

Its a distinct possibility........;);)

Member for

20 years 6 months

How about a light maiming?

Member for

24 years 3 months

By a torture professor, then ;)

What were they thinking ?

Member for

20 years

What? Were they thinking? :diablo:

Member for

18 years 6 months

I usually get excited when I hear about a new livery, and I've been thinking that MH has needed a re-vamp for quite a while as I see them on a daily basis at LHR, but when I saw this it actually made me like the old style livery even more than I do now...

Would be interesting to see the new livery applied to their 747s to fully appreciate the latest scheme, but I doubt it will do much to change my opinion.

Member for

13 years 7 months

I quite like the Malaysian colour scheme. Nothing wrong with it IMHO.

The worst colour scheme is the Gabon Airlines on the A340.
That could be an absolute stunner but they have just painted small "Gabon Airlines" titles on it. Awful shame.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6925924&nseq=4

Member for

18 years 6 months

Hi all,

I know this is a thread from a while back, but seeing as the new MH livery was not quite so well recieved by some forum members, I thought I would post up a link to this picture from A.net showing one of their new Airbus A330-300's, just to see if anyone has a change of opinion from their original thoughts.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malaysia-Airlines/Airbus-A330-323X/1884102/L/

I did say in my post above during the initial chatter on this thread that my opinion would no doubt change as I too was not so keen on it to start off with, and I have to say I think it does actually look a lot better on something like this, anyone else have a change of opinion and care to agree with me at all?

Member for

19 years 10 months

I didn't know about the new Malaysian livery until tonight, and I have to admit when I first spotted that A330 pic online I thought it must be a leased aircraft that they haven't bothered painting in full colours... :(

Matt.

Member for

15 years 2 months

I prefer the old livery.

Member for

20 years 6 months

...... and I have to say I think it does actually look a lot better on something like this, anyone else have a change of opinion and care to agree with me at all?

Nope.
Looks even worse on bigger aircraft, more white, more dullness.

Member for

14 years 7 months

It is such a disappointing livery, the previous one was much better. Finnair and JAL have also done the same sort of things and it looks horrible. Lets hope no more airlines do this kind of thing.