Easyjet name change ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

Easyjey have been given 90 days to improve there timekeeping or have to change name.
Stellos has given Easyjet ths warning today.

If it was made to change name ,it was be a massive slap in the face.
Is it just saber rattling to get them to improve , or will it happen and if it does cold the airline surive such a rebranding at the hight of the summer season.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/EasyJet-Could-Be-Forced-To-Change-Its-Name-If-It-Does-Not-Improve-Flight-Punctuality-Over-Summer/Article/201007315668478?lpos=Business_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15668478_EasyJet_Could_Be_Forced_To_Change_Its_Name_If_It_Does_Not_Improve_Flight_Punctuality_Over_Summer

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

They do 'appear' to be having a bad summer cancelling tonnes of flights...let's hope they sort themselves out!

Member for

24 years 3 months

He's been threatening them with a name change for a while now, and keeps hanging it on different things, this is just the most recent in a short (but notable) list of reasons why EZY may have to give up the brand.

To be honest though, and in my view only, the 'easy' brand would not be a brand without the airline, which acts like a flying logo and one of the most 'hit' sites in the branding. Therefore, unless Stelios is thinking of launching a new carrier, it would seem like commercial suicide to me for the rest of the branded companies.

Member for

14 years 8 months

so would the price of repainting the planes, changing check in desks and buying uniforms, all be written off as corporate spending

Member for

18 years 2 months

so would the price of repainting the planes, changing check in desks and buying uniforms, all be written off as corporate spending

if it was to happen it would cost millons ,and would they allow then to fly with the easyjet name till they was all painted.
What would the cost be ?,repainting ,rebrainding at many airports ,new uniforms , ground equip , would have to be in the 10's of millions.
I would be a massive undertaking and IMHO I dont think it would come out of it too well

Member for

16 years 3 months

if it was to happen it would cost millons ,and would they allow then to fly with the easyjet name till they was all painted.

They'd almost certainly give them a deadline. Repainting over 150 aircraft isnt exactly a short process!

But as rdc says, Stelios is just throwing his weight around. He would be shooting himself in the foot with a nail gun if he decided he was going to destroy by far the largest and most successful of the easy brands, regardless of who owns it.