AC & CO get slots at YTZ!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 7 months

Heard from a friend at work that AC and CO have got slots at Toronto City Centre Airport (YTZ), which will mean that Porter Airlines will no longer be the sole carrier to operate from the airport.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/827466--air-canada-continental-get-slots-at-island-airport

Good news for AC/CO pax as they will be able to codeshare on flights as both are part of the Star Allliance, but I do wonder if it will have any impact on Porter itself though as there is a lot of controversy over their set-up and operations at the airport, but seeing as they will no doubt be handling any other airlines aircraft, they won't loose out too much.

Original post

Member for

14 years

Did Porter not just refurbish/extend the terminal at YTZ?

Member for

18 years 7 months

Yes, they [Porter] did just recently open their newly extended terminal in March 2010...and judging from some of the pictures I have seen of it, it looks very nice indeed.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/769782--island-airline-s-new-terminal-paves-way-for-expansion#photo

Having flown on Porter myself, I can personally testify as to how great an airline they truly are, would go so far as to say that they are the best airline I have flown on! Can't really describe it in words, but just the service and style of the airline is fantastic, and flying into YTZ is a great experience too!

If only we had something/someone similar operating Q400's outta LCY?!:cool:

Member for

24 years 3 months

If only we had something/someone similar operating Q400's outta LCY?!:cool:

You get a multitude of the world's major airlines at LCY, many providing services with jets, why do you need an equivelant of Porter with turboprops?

Member for

18 years 7 months

Quite simple really, I think turboprops are great aircraft, particularly the Q400, would be nice to see a few more of them around at LCY!:)