Flight Number and Aircraft Type question

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 6 months

A friend of a friend is flying from Heathrow to Singapore on Monday 28th June at 11:55AM with SIA. Anyone know what aircraft should be operating this flight?

Also, he can't remember the flight number, so extra bonus cookies for that info too.

Anyone?

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

that run is done by the A380 (SQ 317) i believe.

Member for

16 years 1 month

It is, indeed. I flew it at Christmas.
It is rather a long haul at 13 hours and, as comfortable as the A380 is, it's a long time to spend on an aircraft. That said, tailwinds usually help it along a bit.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Cheers lads :)

Member for

16 years 8 months

flight

tell him not to forget his passport as well!!!

Member for

15 years 5 months

Using the same flight myself in mid July. My first time on a A380 flying via Singapore to Taiwan (A330 from Singapore to TPE), as I usually take the slightly quicker route via Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific. Cathays' prices have shot up this year and the SQ deal was very good. The only slight worry is a 50 minute transfer outbound at Changi Airport.

I am hoping to put some photos on here after my journey and will compare SQ with the levels of service I have received with Cathay, it should make for an interesting comparison.

Member for

24 years 3 months

50 minute transfer at Changi should be sufficient if the flight arrival is on time.

Member for

15 years 5 months

50 minute transfer at Changi should be sufficient if the flight arrival is on time.

Thanks for that Kabir. I booked an early flight so if I am late there is a second flight to TPE I can be transferred to, fingers crossed!

Member for

18 years 6 months

Did you book the flights together or separately?

If you booked them together, then SQ should help to find an alternative flight to TPE for you if you miss the onward connection, providing the reason for any delay is caused by the airline itself (i.e late arrival).

If you booked them separately then sadly you will have to bear the brunt of any costs involved in changing your ticket over to the later flight as you have signed two separate contracts, even if its the same carrier that is taking you to TPE!

A lot of people choose the second option because it can in some cases work out to be cheaper than the first, but what they fail to take into account is the potential cost involved in changing the tickets over, and especially so if you have to fork out for an overnight stay before travelling onwards to your final destination!

Member for

16 years 1 month

An important point. I booked a BA ticket from LHR-AKL-LHR some years ago with a change each way at LAX. Sure enough, BA screwed up on the LHR-LAX sector and I missed my connection which was to be flown by Qantas. When I tried to sort things out on the ground, BA couldn't have been less helpful but fortunately, Qantas put me on a flight leaving two hours later, so it all worked out in the end.