747-8F Progress

Read the forum code of contact

Boeing completes initial 747-8F airworthiness tests

By Lori Ranson

Roughly one month after launching the flight test campaign, Boeing has completed initial airworthiness testing of the 747-8F.

The completion of this first round of flight testing for the company's largest aircraft now permits test engineers to accompany the test pilots on flights....

Original post

Member for

16 years

Good on Boeing.
I was looking at the centre-spread of the B747-8F in the latest Airliner World and I have tyo say it's quite a super-looking aircraft. The stretch has done wonders for the B747's appearance.
I would love to fly on a passenger version, but with just two airlines signing up for it, that would be quite difficult.

Any more news?

Member for

20 years 11 months

I would love to fly on a passenger version, but with just two airlines signing up for it, that would be quite difficult.

Who are the two airlines??

Member for

15 years 8 months

Korean Air 5
Lufthansa 20
Business Jet VIP 7

Member for

20 years 5 months

Good on Boeing.
I was looking at the centre-spread of the B747-8F in the latest Airliner World and I have tyo say it's quite a super-looking aircraft. The stretch has done wonders for the B747's appearance.

Not at all, just book a few flights with Lufthansa.

Member for

16 years

I would, but I can't ever see myself flying long-haul with them.

Mishap

http://www.flightglobal.com/assets/getAsset.aspx?ItemID=34519

DATE:07/06/10
SOURCE:Air Transport Intelligence news

PICTURES: Further details emerge following 747-8F tug collision
By Jon Ostrower

Further details have emerged after one of Boeing's 747-8F flight test aircraft struck an airport tug causing significant damage to the exterior of the number four General Electric GEnx-2B engine.

The incident, which took place at Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville on 31 May, was disclosed by Boeing on 3 June.