Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iranian "stealth fighter"

Iranian "stealth fighter"

From their military parade.

Hmmm, do the Iranians really think they fool anyone with these constant announcements of technological superiority?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim901 View Post
    Hmmm, do the Iranians really think they fool anyone with these constant announcements of technological superiority?
    Yeah, I dont know. Somehow it feels like they must know noone is buying it

Quote Originally Posted by kirtap View Post

Well it looks like an aerodynamic and RCS test model, no reason why they can't experiment with the concept even if indiginous industry isn't up to producing such a fighter.
    Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

for domestic consumption only
    "It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour, and its assault only failed of success because dead men can advance no further."

Well, I guess that's one way of preventing the turbine blades of the engine face from reflecting enemy radar waves - hide it behind the pilot's canopy!
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Levsha View Post
    Well, I guess that's one way of preventing the turbine blades of the engine face from reflecting enemy radar waves - hide it behind the pilot's canopy!
    Hmmm, the RCS model doesn't show that though. Anyway, that alone wouldn't be enough to hide them from radar.

Seems as if there are two models ... one UAV and one with a pilot !

Deino
    Last edited by Deino; 26th April 2012 at 16:22.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.
    -------------------------------------------------
    W.H.Auden (1945)

"Sofreh Mahi" , which means "Manta Ray" of "Flatfish".
    Source: http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8811181832
    Slán, fightingirish
    Avatar: Ho-Yeol Ryu, Flughafen (Airport), Hannover [HAJ / EDDV] 2005

If they can actually build an indigenous stealth fighter from scratch, I would be seriously impressed. They would in effect be skipping five whole generations. :diablo:

Now if they were to make a multinational deal with another nation in building this thing, I could see this actually happening. India? China? Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by LoofahBoy View Post
    If they can actually build an indigenous stealth fighter from scratch, I would be seriously impressed. They would in effect be skipping five whole generations. :diablo:

Now if they were to make a multinational deal with another nation in building this thing, I could see this actually happening. India? China? Russia?
    India: Say bye bye to all those fancy toys the US were going to sell them
    China: Has just agreed to further sanctions, they aren't complete fools.
    Russia: Same as China.

Plus they all have their own 5th gens in development, why build another?

Quote Originally Posted by LoofahBoy View Post

Its unlikely that they have the technology to build even a decent 3rd or 4th generation fighter, a stealth fighter is just too big a step forward when their last "new" fighter was the Saeqeh and we know just how new that design was.

Pretty sure that Russia or India would not be joining such a program (if it even existed) since there is the PAK-FA and possibly for the Indians, the MCA as well. There is only so much they can fund and induct.

At least its not based on the F-5. I really expected a flattened, but more convex fuselage twin engine twin tail one-off F-5 design.
    Go Huskers!

Sorry, but honestly I expect NOTHING !!!

To expect Iran developing a fifth generation stealth fighter is as impossible as that a German astronaut would land on the moon within the next five years.

It's pure and simple a model shown to impress the own people, the masses ... and nothing more.

Deino

W.H.Auden (1945)

I have grave doubts about such an aircafts actual combat potential and would think the mockup exists purely for internal propaganda purposes and also to say to the world that "we don't need you people, we can do it all on our own".

It was rather nice to see the now famous saluting guy there though.

http://snappedshot.com/turbo/1103-Aw...alute-Guy.html

Not impossible at all, but Iran is directing its resources to other - more important - projects, when it comes to national defense.
    Member of ACIG

an unnamed Luftwaffe officer:"Typhoon is a warm weather plane. If you want to be operational at -20°C you have to deploy the F-4F."

Quote Originally Posted by kirtap View Post

Together with the 'Iranian made S-300' this plane will make Iran invincible...

Quote Originally Posted by Tango III View Post

The S-300 in the parade you have to take with a pinch of salt. The forums are buzzing with the S-300 and associated equipment pictures, but they really need to be examined closely.

Iran has wanted S-300s for decades now. Just like the US has obtained bits and bobs of the system over the years from the break-up of the Soviet Union, then Iran has done also. From the parade images it also shows that possible associated radar was also acquired. It didn't mean that they had an operational system, but enough parts to study the system.

It makes perfect sense for Iran to cobble the pieces together and show it in this parade. It bolsters their propaganda claims to their populace that they can build a copy of the system. Iran is desperate for the Russians to deliver S-300s. It is also blatant crude propaganda targeted against Israel and the US although I'm sure there will be a few intelligence analysts having a bit of a laugh over the 'S-300 parade'.

2009 claim

'In warning to Russia, Iran says it can build S-300'

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020101

April 2010 claims

'Iran will build S-300 missiles if Russia fails delivery'

http://www.tehrantimes.com/Index_view.asp?code=217388

'Iran to build S-300 substitute'

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020101

TJ

It looks like a F-22 front fuselage and a YF-23 rear fuselage.
    Good thing (I'd suspect) that not many Iranians know what the YF-23 look like.

It's sad when a county thinks its citizens are that stupid... certainly they'd know that only peasants would believe that.
    There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by J Boyle View Post
    It looks like a F-22 front fuselage and a YF-23 rear fuselage.
    Good thing (I'd suspect) that not many Iranians know what the YF-23 look like.

It's sad when a county thinks its citizens are that stupid... certainly they'd know that only peasants would believe that.
    Nothing is surprising from a country whose cleric blamed the recent killer earthquake on immodesty and pre-marital sex. No one should underestimate Iran's ability to cause mischief.

Those drawings look very similar to the old MiG I-2000 drawings but with the wings reshaped.

-----JT-----

Anyone got any pictures of the radars to go with the S-300 launchers? I thought it more than a little odd that I've only seen the launchers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kev 99 View Post
    Anyone got any pictures of the radars to go with the S-300 launchers? I thought it more than a little odd that I've only seen the launchers so far.
    Post number 94

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...-Parade)/page7

The first radar looks like a Nebo which the Russians have sold to Iran.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Nebo-SVU-Analysis.html

The second radar looks like a Flap Lid, or Flap Lid mock up. Flap Lid would have been easy for Iran to obtain from numerous sources after the break-up of the Soviet Union.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Grumble-Gargoyle.html

TJ
    Last edited by TEEJ; 20th April 2010 at 19:40.

Last edited by Deino; 26th April 2012 at 16:22.

W.H.Auden (1945)

It looks very similar to the PAK FA prototype.
    Love Planes, Live Planes

If one nation needs 35 years to produce a simple delta that is in the end seen as just a testcase to learn then it is a milestone. Here all are ready to make fun out of it. Well, Israel had US fund, US technology and yet no Lavi. Let us wait and see how far the Iranians will get.

IMO those models dont look bad at all , but i concur to the general opinion , theres one thing to put two nice models on a truck in a parade , and another to build the real thing. Engines , electronics, materials, weapons , they dont come from nowhere, they have to be built from scratch.( given the known political aspects concerning Iran)

Would be interesting to see where this goes. I doubt we will see anything in the next ,say, 10 years tho. (IF there will still be an Iran as we know it now then)

Quote Originally Posted by Insig View Post
    If one nation needs 35 years to produce a simple delta that is in the end seen as just a testcase to learn then it is a milestone. Here all are ready to make fun out of it. Well, Israel had US fund, US technology and yet no Lavi. Let us wait and see how far the Iranians will get.
    Because they sold it to China and now its the J 10. J 10 is as different from Lavi as a prototype is from a production aircraft.
    Love Planes, Live Planes

according to Ares, the S300 launchers are oildrums welded together on a tank transporter...

rear fuselage from the Replica for the fighter?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmalaya View Post
    according to Ares, the S300 launchers are oildrums welded together on a tank transporter...
    That's funny because although they are definitely not S300 launchers manufactured in Russia, they are dead ringers for HQ-9 launchers that come from China. Good thing they are empty oil drums.
    Go Huskers!

Thread Information