Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Airline Tail Designs

Airline Tail Designs

I have a lot of favourites for tail designs, including Frontier. I was just wondering if anybody has a favourite tail design?
    I would have to say that I like Aer Lingus's, Qantas's, Lufthansa's & Korean Air's.
    Please reply
    Thanx
    Gingerbread

RE: Airline Tail Designs

There is not a perticular favourite, but I like KLM, Singapore Airlines, Qantas(It's fantastic), an Indian domestic carrier called Jet Airways, Lufthansa and of course I really like the tail designs of Frontier. I am sorry I think Korean Air dosent have a good one. I also hate the tail designs of SAS, Northwest, Finnair and many more

regards
    Kabir

Finnair have ruined their livery recently. I have to go with "my" airline - I quite like the design of Sabena.
    2009 - the first year without any flights, the first year I lost a holiday, the first and last year I book the bloody Eurostar
    Louise

My favourite was BA World Image with the controversial ethnic designs. I like Condor, Frontier, Iberia, Sabena, and many others.

well it is obvious here that Qantas has the best tail livery. Emirates, SAA & Air France are all smart & colourful too. worst would have to be Iberia , United is perhaps a bit drab and the less said about liveries such as Hawaiian and Southwest the better. Generally airlines still with cheatlines look very dated & old.

V1 is offline Rank 5 Registered User

Well, if we're talking of tail designs, I like Airtours International - very colourful. Plus despite most of them being not too brilliant, I like the BA ethnic design 'Blue Poole'.
    I also like the 'classic crane' logo used by Lufthansa, and the Qantas kangaroo is good too.

rob13 Guest

I think Frontier have a very unique and colourful tail design and definately JetBlue have amodern, different look. BWIA have certainly got a different and colourful look. I like the new classy Virgin Atlantic look as well ... Rich Branson made his airline look even cooler. Regards

Has anybody seen the "Leading the Way" 767 plane design at the Farnborough air show. I thought that was very nice.

JayW Guest

Ah, I must agree - the 767 flown at Farnborough had very stylish Boeing house colours.

On the subject of tail colours, I quite like the new Delta Airlines scheme. It is much better than the old one.

pedophil Guest

I must agree the Qantas tail-fin is very attractive, I also like the tailfin for Trans Brasil, Gulf Air and Thai International.

dave Guest

i would have to say Qantas would have to be my favirete tail of all airlines. its an oldy but it is still a goody. the same cant be said for ansett or air new zealand i do not think these have much appeal

jetlag (Guest) Guest

How about........China airlines tail design????
    Like it!!!!!!!

And what about Braathens?
    Regards,

Frank

keltic (Guest) Guest

Some nice liveries: Lan Chile, Varig, Easyjet, Condor, GO

V1 (Guest) Guest

I may be in the minority here, but I like latest SAS scheme.

Jetlag (Guest) Guest

SAS looks okay to me!

But Finnair doesn't. The logo is too 'complicated' to be painted to tail. It looks OK only from the left side.

keltic (Guest) Guest

I like the new Finnair colours and I particularly hate SAS ones

Thread Information