Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: The PAK-FA Saga Episode VIII

Hybrid View

The PAK-FA Saga Episode VIII

Come on PAK-FA, don't be shy, oochi-koochi-koo!!

Oh and ridiculous posts such as the following will be severely frowned upon!! You have been warned!!

Last edited by Otaku; 15th April 2009 at 17:08. Reason: Because I'm worth it.

I am sure they would name that the Raptorski.

Yawn

More fanboy speculaton.

Show me a prototype taking off for it's initial flight and I will believe it. Until then I believe none of this fanboy hype.
    "It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour, and its assault only failed of success because dead men can advance no further."

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Yawn

More fanboy speculaton.

Show me a prototype taking off for it's initial flight and I will believe it. Until then I believe none of this fanboy hype.
    "It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined flaming, and its assault only failed of success because numbnuts can advance no further".

The design is fanboy hype. But PAK FA is real.

So when do the Experts say is the tentative date of first flight or roll out ???
    Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies

Quote Originally Posted by bring_it_on View Post
    So when do the Experts say is the tentative date of first flight or roll out ???
    They say August, but we will see....

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Yawn

More fanboy speculaton.

The PAK FA fanboys seem to get carried away with the coming "Raptor killer" as if it were to instantly steal the title of world's most advanced jet fighter.

And what about the two-seater FGFA for India?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy77
    Here's some more fan images. I know a forward swept wing is unlikely but a man can dream.
    They already tried this with the Su-47 Berkut, haven't they?

And why does it look like it's made of stainless steel. Metallic materials increase the RCS and FSW configuration puts more stress on the airframe.
    Last edited by talltower; 17th June 2009 at 11:16. Reason: Added content

Quote Originally Posted by talltower View Post
    The PAK FA fanboys seem to get carried away with the coming "Raptor killer" as if it were to instantly steal the title of world's most advanced jet fighter.

And what about the two-seater FGFA for India?
    Raptor killer in what way? 1 on 1 in your dream land flying head-to-head?

Realistically, I expect the PAK-FA to be cheaper, so afforded in higher numbers than the F-22 while being slightly less stealthy, with equal or better avionics and better armament, and better manueverability. The platform IS 10 years newer.

We already know that the weapon bay is going to be pretty large, since folding-fin Kh-58U which is extremely impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by echonine View Post
    Raptor killer in what way? 1 on 1 in your dream land flying head-to-head?

Realistically, I expect the PAK-FA to be cheaper, so afforded in higher numbers than the F-22 while being slightly less stealthy, with equal or better avionics and better armament, and better manueverability. The platform IS 10 years newer.

We already know that the weapon bay is going to be pretty large, since folding-fin Kh-58U which is extremely impressive.
    What do you base the superior avionics, weapons, and manueverability on? By the time the PAK FA reaches IOC, the F-22 will have at a minimum, the APG-77(v)1, AIM-120D+, AIM-9X Block 2, and the JDRADM will be coming on line too. I suspect there'll have been engine upgrades by then too, among other systems.

Thread Information