Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressive Weapons Load 2 (again)

Quote Originally Posted by the_baphomet_00 View Post
    plain 500 lb..!!
    They are 250 KG bombs, a little big than 500 lb...

1Saludo
    Revista Ejercitos, sometime She will back...

1Saludo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I must say – I have always been somewhat fascinated with how those little stub wings of the Starfighter can hold so much weight

Regards
    Pioneer

More Starfighter photos!

If you think about it though, the fact that the wings are short probably lends some strength in them. I mean think about the wings of a U-2....they are so long that they bend up and down a lot based on what the airplane is doing, but with the F-104, I'd be willing to be they hardly bend at all because they are so short.

That's just a guess, but heck it's a fighter plane....it was designed to carry external fuel tanks under the wings from the get-go.
    Fox-4!

More 104s ...for PII...

"Polish Soldiers fight for the freedom of other Nations but die Only for Poland"
    gen. Stanisław Maczek

Exclamation Pride of Florida.............

For Phantom II..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF-4%20copy.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	173374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF-12%20copy.jpg 
Views:	838 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	173375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF-14%20copy.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	173376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF-15%20copy.jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	173377  
    F-35 Lightning II

I love the rocket plane (or widowmaker...)

1Saludo

Scooter and good punch!!!

1Saludo

F-110 :diablo:

1Saludo

Kaman SH-2 and Penguin, and RDA L-39 with AA-2...

Anybody has some photo of a Mirage IIICJ with Shafrir, Shafrir 2 or K-13 (AA-2)??? I'm very interesting on those... thanks in advance

1Saludo

Name:	Alemania RDA Aero L-39 R-13 AA-2.JPG 
Views:	617 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	174594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kaman SH-2G(A) Super Seasprite Penguin.jpg 
Views:	1902 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	174595  

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_yeager View Post
    Kaman SH-2 and Penguin, and RDA L-39 with AA-2...

Anybody has some photo of a Mirage IIICJ with Shafrir, Shafrir 2 or K-13 (AA-2)??? I'm very interesting on those... thanks in advance

1Saludo
    The RDA L-39 with AAMs was a temporary trial configuration. It was not undertaken.

Not bad, for a crop duster....:diablo:

"Quicquid agas age"

Quote Originally Posted by Sens View Post
    The RDA L-39 with AAMs was a temporary trial configuration. It was not undertaken.
    That doesn´t matter, the cuestion it´s to look for strange weapons on all planes...

And nobody have a photo of the Mirage IIICJ whit Shafrir, Shafrir 2 and AA-2 atoll?????

1Saludo

I'm really digging the armed Air Tractor. What a payload!
    Fox-4!

I'm really digging the armed Air Tractor. What a payload!

Thats what the crop spraying company brings over when the farmer doesnt pay his bills!

But yes... good payload and good vis from such a high seat...
    2nd seat in the back for an observer? Armed FAC?
    We are 100% SNAFU

Apparently its being offered to the USAF as a cheap COIN aircraft.

I love armed turboprops, do we have any AT-6 pictures or anything?
    "Quicquid agas age"

Here is one of the Tornado GR4 trials aircraft carrying 4 storm shadow cruise missiles and what i think are 4 ALARMS (could be ASRAAM/Sidewinder though). Not sure if this is ever done in combat but a good picture all the same.

Here a classic tornado picture loaded up with ALARMS

A tornado GR4 loaded up with 12 Brimstones and 4 ALARMS. Those wing pylons can take some weight have 2 ALARMS and a big fuel tank.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by F35b View Post
    A tornado GR4 loaded up with 12 Brimstones and 4 ALARMS. Those wing pylons can take some weight have 2 ALARMS and a big fuel tank.
    [IMG-r]http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/4/8/1/1044184.jpg[/IMG]
    Now that really IS an "Impressive Weapons Load"

From the recent spanish integration for the Taurus on the F-18M, in South Africa

1Saludo

Name:	McDD EF-18A Taurus Pruebas Sudafrica 2009.jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	175675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McDD EF-18A Taurus Pruebas Sudafrica 2009a.jpg 
Views:	804 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	175676  

Quote Originally Posted by the_baphomet_00 View Post
    Argentinian C-130 "bomber" Hercules..

regards.!
    What's the story behind that one?

I believe that last shot is an Argie C-130B (or perhaps C-130E?) outfitted with MER's on the two outboard wing hardpoints taken around the time of the Falklands War. Whether or not they bombed the Brits with this setup I'm not sure of though.
    Fox-4!

F-35B with external loads...

Su-25

Czechoslovak Air Force L-39ZA with R-3S was commont practice for stand by actions against slow flying targets since the end of the 1970s and during the 1980s. L-39MS/L-59 even can carry R-60...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomII View Post
    I believe that last shot is an Argie C-130B (or perhaps C-130E?) outfitted with MER's on the two outboard wing hardpoints taken around the time of the Falklands War. Whether or not they bombed the Brits with this setup I'm not sure of though.
    The reports at the time suggested that the Argentines were rolling bombs off the ramps of C-130 on shipping attacks.

It would appear that the underwing racks was the actual method.

Attack on British Wye

http://www.naval-history.net/F46weeknineTF.htm

....FAA Grupo 1 Hercules made the only apparent attempt to cut British supply lines. On Saturday a single C-130 dropped eight bombs on "British Wye" to the north of South Georgia. One hit, but bounced into the sea without exploding and the tanker continued her lonely refuelling duties.

Attack on the crude oil tanker Hercules. one of the attacking aircraft was believed to have been a C-130.

http://www.admiraltylawguide.com/supct/AmeradaHess.htm

'By June 8, 1982, after a stop in Brazil, the Hercules was in international waters about 600 nautical miles from Argentina and 500 miles from the Falklands; she was outside the "war zones" designated by Britain and Argentina. At 12:15 Greenwich mean time, the ship's master made a routine report by radio to Argentine officials, providing the ship's [488 U.S. 428, 432] name, international call sign, registry, position, course, speed, and voyage description. About 45 minutes later, an Argentine military aircraft began to circle the Hercules. The ship's master repeated his earlier message by radio to Argentine officials, who acknowledged receiving it. Six minutes later, without provocation, another Argentine military plane began to bomb the Hercules; the master immediately hoisted a white flag. A second bombing soon followed, and a third attack came about two hours later, when an Argentine jet struck the ship with an air-to-surface rocket. Disabled but not destroyed, the Hercules reversed course and sailed to Rio de Janeiro, the nearest safe port. At Rio de Janeiro, respondent United Carriers determined that the ship had suffered extensive deck and hull damage, and that an undetonated bomb remained lodged in her No. 2 tank. After an investigation by the Brazilian Navy, United Carriers decided that it would be too hazardous to remove the undetonated bomb, and on July 20, 1982, the Hercules was scuttled 250 miles off the Brazilian coast.'

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    Czechoslovak Air Force L-39ZA with R-3S was commont practice for stand by actions against slow flying targets since the end of the 1970s and during the 1980s. L-39MS/L-59 even can carry R-60...

Do you have other pics than that of 0006 trial aircraft? I do ask that because during testing it was find out that the R-3S could be used in a small part of the flying envelope only to hit something with a propability of success. Like staying below the target in the aft cone f.e. Against military aircraft it was practical useless compared to a gun-pod or rocket-pod. To man it with a highly trained pilot was a waste of resources, when the later R-60 was an option at least.

Do you have other pics than that of 0006 trial aircraft? I do ask that because during testing it was find out that the R-3S could be used in a small part of the flying envelope only to hit something with a propability of success. Like staying below the target in the aft cone f.e. Against military aircraft it was practical useless compared to a gun-pod or rocket-pod. To man it with a highly trained pilot was a waste of resources, when the later R-60 was an option at least.
    0006 is not trial aircraft but one from six Czechoslovak, later one from four Czech Air force L-39MS of the 1. LŠP (1st training regiment) of the 1. letka (1st training squadron) from Přerov AB... You can see marks of the regiment and squadron on it. Well problems were and are with firing envelope in GŠ-23 of L-39ZA cannon case, I don´t know anything about problems with missiles, just Albatroses were used as stand by aircrafts against "slow flying targets" so cannon or unguided rocket were much more cheap than missiles against sport aircrafts or helicopters...

Difference between the L-39 and L-59

What is the difference between the L-39 and L-59?
    Thanks,

Buddha

I believe the L-59 had a bigger motor among other improvements.
    Fox-4!

Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    0006 is not trial aircraft but one from six Czechoslovak, later one from four Czech Air force L-39MS of the 1. LŠP (1st training regiment) of the 1. letka (1st training squadron) from Přerov AB... You can see marks of the regiment and squadron on it. Well problems were and are with firing envelope in GŠ-23 of L-39ZA cannon case, I don´t know anything about problems with missiles, just Albatroses were used as stand by aircrafts against "slow flying targets" so cannon or unguided rocket were much more cheap than missiles against sport aircrafts or helicopters...
    L-39MS
    The Aero L-39MS Super Albatros is a second generation military trainer aircraft developed from the firm's earlier L-39. Compared to its predecessor, it featured a strengthened fuselage, longer nose, a vastly updated cockpit, and a more powerful (21.6 kN (4,850 lbf)) Lotarev DV-2 engine, allowing operation at higher weights and speeds (max speed 872 km/h (542 mph)).[9] First flight on 30 September 1996. It was later designated as the Aero L-59 .

You do know that, but most readers here may confuse that with the L-39s from Warsaw Pact times.

Thread Information