Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Euro Footie

Euro Footie

Has anyone been watching this, or is it because the Home Countries haven't been involved that you've not bothered.
    Quite frankly, I like a bit of footie on the box, I'm not a fanatic, though I have been in the past, it's the way it's gone thats put me off, the money they get paid, the general attitude of the players, the Hello magazine wedding crap, all these things that didn't exist in the past when it cost 4 shillings to go and see a first division match featuring real players like Charlton, Law and Best, God bless him, playing against the relatively unknown but talented players at Forest.
    They were the best times, it's all a bloody marketing enterprise these days, the real sport has gone out of the window.
    Having said all that, it is actually quite refreshing to watch this tournament without the fear of thinking what the hell is going to happen to England/Scotland/Wales/ NI ok Eire, against these teams. thats what tends to happen doesn't it, but having the problem blown away, it's quite enjoyable to watch it for footballing sake. Not only that but I find that the tournament is generally played in a good spirit too, watching it is like being back to old times, that match last night, Germany V Turkey, was the dogs, I loved it.
    Yeah, we all hate the German team, its part of our psyche, but you have to admire their never say die spirit.
    So who do you fancy to win it, I love the Russians, they are the youngest team in the tournament, I can see a Russia, Germany final, I think it will be sensational, I gather that a lot of England supporters are backing Germany, stuff that, no way, lets see what the Rooskies do in tonights semi.

Finland was left outside that tournament by one goal...one freaking goal..

....positive thing was that we had never got so near to actually get in to some big tournament...
    God wanted to create world and figured out that it would take ten days
    ...Gollevainen gave him six...

Scotland missed out by a whisker also. Did our usual of pulling off miraculous performances against the likes of France and Italy, only to blow it against the mighty Georgia !!!

Quite like a bit of footie, although it suffers from the inherent problem of the ball being the wrong shape and you can't pick it up and run with it !!!
    Loose-Head

Heed doon, Airse up at the front o' a scrum !

It'd only be worth watching if Newcastle were playing!
    Best Regards Steve

There have been some great games and a couple of bloopers, but the final will be a battle, Spain v Germany!
    http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 10.8 times!

Quote Originally Posted by steve rowell View Post
    It'd only be worth watching if Newcastle were playing!
    Howay the Lads!!
    Best Regards Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve rowell View Post
    Howay the Lads!!
    You've forgotten your roots already, even Jimmy Carter knew it was Haaway the Lads.

Despite Geordies, even ex-ones, protestions to the contary, I found my one and hopefully the last visit to the 'Hallowed' home of the Magpies, to be the most threatening, intimidating experience I ever experienced at any away ground, and I've been to a few, even worse than Millwall.
    Why, because in the FA Cup, the unsporting gits found themselves losing at home 3-0 to a second division team, I can understand that it hurt, but it wasn't the fault of us Forest fans, or their players, quite frankly, your team was crap that day and the fans took it out on everyone else, they should have took it out on their own team.
    Even that evening, after the match had been invaded by the so called wonder fans and the result was declared void due to their physical attacks on the Forest players, and fans, we went for a few beers round the town and were treated like s##t, we were in fact rescued from a beating by a group of Sunderland fans outside the station.
    An incident shoved under the carpet, having cheated their way to the final, I was so pleased when Liverpool stuffed them on the day.
    I've never been back since and don't intend to, well, it's a lovely place, I probably will, it was a long time ago and water has to flow under all those bridges.

By the way, if LUCKY Germany manage to beat the Spanish, well, there's no justice in the world, we all know that there isn't, so no doubt the highly talented Spanish will lose to some goal against the run of play, I can see a lot of writhing about on the ground in this one, Oscars could be awarded at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Truman View Post
    ....By the way, if LUCKY Germany manage to beat the Spanish, well, there's no justice in the world...
    Much though it pains me to admit it, the Germans tend to make their own luck.

The more international finals they play, the luckier they seem to get.
    You can't fool owls.

i was going with Croatia first but when they got knocked out it had to be germany

Euro

Both Scots but have been watching Germany with a passion.
    If there is anybody in Edinburgh watching the Final tomorrow at The 3 Sisters, you wont miss us !!!!!!!!.
    Say Hello and you can buy us a drink.
    Being Scots, we are use to heroic failures

Best team won for sure. Well done Spain! . I seem to have found a soft-spot for Germany in recent years but they definately didn't deserve to even be in the final. I placed money on Croatia before the tournament and was stunned when they went out

Quote Originally Posted by tomfellows View Post
    Best team won for sure. Well done Spain! . I seem to have found a soft-spot for Germany in recent years but they definately didn't deserve to even be in the final. I placed money on Croatia before the tournament and was stunned when they went out
    How can you have a soft spot for Germany, the only reason that Spain only won 1:0 was because of Deutchlands unfortunate problem of moaning, whinging, making a meal of fouls and cynically doing nasty things when they knew the ref wasn't watching, thats how they got to the final. Ballack should have been sent off for his various unsporting disgresions, I'm ashamed that he plays in this country.
    Germany has a history of honourable play, but they seem to have forgotten it, perhaps if they got back to that attitude then they can once again be the genuine footballing force that we know they are capable of being, I haven't a problem with that. I think that unfortunately it's Englands problem, they aren't inclined to cheat too easily, that's what football seems to be about unfortunately, thats why I have a problem with it these days.
    Jumpers for Goal Posts.
    Last edited by Pete Truman; 30th June 2008 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Truman View Post
    How can you have a soft spot for Germany.....
    Oh, I dunno.

Birkdale Sands springs to mind. :diablo:
    You can't fool owls.

I don´t like football myself, but we are a really insignificant country that never wins anything.

So we deserve having a bit of happiness for a while. It was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by keltic View Post
    I don´t like football myself, but we are a really insignificant country that never wins anything.

So we deserve having a bit of happiness for a while. It was amazing.
    Try being Scottish my good friend...
    Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd6-eldeg3A

Don´t watch it all. Just get to the middle.

Just check Macarena safety instructions......on board. Would the pilot be dancing too?. The national team plane is a B757-200 from Privilege.

Thread Information