Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: New look to A.net?

New look to A.net?

Hi all,

Thought I would take a quick look on Airliners.net to see if there was any new stuff, and indeed the whole site has had a re-vamp!

www.airliners.net

Not sure about anyone else, but I really like the changes, a vast improvement on the old site!

I've been a member for donkey's years ..yet all of a sudden it won't let me sign in!!
    Best Regards Steve

To be honest I am am not sure whether I like it or not, I'm sat here still trying to work that out.
    One thing I do like though, is the ability to change the background colour yourself. Nice Touch!

Adam
    View My Aviation Pictures Here:
    JetPhotos.net
    Airliners.net

Sorry the new look is awful. DM are a good example of how to take a successful website and ruin it. A lot of the people who post there have requested that the old front page be reinstated as there are more important things that need fixing, as usual DM are ignoring the wishes of their customers. Am so glad I have pulled my pics from there.

I think it looks pretty terrible in all honesty. If you find screenshots of the original A.Net from 8-10 years ago it looked better then than it does now.

One thing that I am very surprised at is the level of compression used on the front page photos. They're great images but the thumbnails look disgusting and do nothing to make you want to click on them, which is very sad for the photographer who has his work on the front page.

I have to agree with Paulc. For a site comprised of people who pay for a service, the new owners really do seem to have their proprities wrong. They should be listening to the people who pay to use their site, not telling them what they should think. No wonder the queue at JP has doubled in the last few months!

Paul
    My images on Flickr Jetphotos A.Net

Exclamation Moderatorial Meanderings

I'm afraid that gripes about another site elsewhere in the Cyberverse Interweb Thingy really are way off-topic for this forum.

Sorry, chaps.

GA

Thread Information