Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Qantas A380 interior pictures

Qantas A380 interior pictures

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gal...6020-3,00.html

Quite appauling if i say the least. Whats with the Y class...is this Qantas or a UN Peace Keeping mission??

Better get a bucket...
    Terms & Conditions Apply.

Do they supply a Tin hat some chewing gum and an assault riffle along with other amenities in Economy class ?

Even the first looks rather bad for the type of airline Qantas is , i think it would be hard for them to compete with the likes of SQ , EK , BA with that type of a product given some of the segments are going to be the same
    Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies

What an utter disappointment..after all the hype that's the best they could come up with
    Best Regards Steve

seen better interiors. Thought Qantas would be an airline that would really go for a great interior. Not least since their new UK TV commercials claiming theyre the worlds most experienced airline.

Well i've never been inside a jet liner so I can't say if it looks bad or not but this thread got me thinking. There was a series of programs on the 380 the other day and it struck me that the plane was a white elephant-too big and expensive. Did it finally get the orders?
    What I know about planes you could write on the back of a beer mat, but I'm looking for bigger beer mats!
    My photos
    http://stumm47.deviantart.com/

Dreadful! All of it! That so called designer Marc Newson must have been instrumental in the design of dental surgery and treatment rooms, for thats what that interior looks like to me, cold and very un-inviting, and those colours! SQ for me
    "Behold! The Wings of Horus"

I'm dumbstruck as to how anyone in Qantas would sanction such a terrible interior
    Best Regards Steve

Oh i didn't realise there was more than one pic. When you click next they get progressively worse. The last seat pic looks like an army plane!
    What I know about planes you could write on the back of a beer mat, but I'm looking for bigger beer mats!
    My photos

The picture of the designer bloke doesn't inspire much confidence. You tend not to find many insprational designers who dress like your average lab technician.

The economy section beverage bar looks interesting, will that be manned during flights or will it be a kind of in-flight vending machine full of M&M's and the like...?
    Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat !

Ooh M&Ms! Has to be peanut tho!
    My photos

QANTAS has leapt to the defence of the Australian-themed decor in its new A380 superjumbos after the cabins received an online drubbing from aviation enthusiasts.

Photographs of the first plane posted online this week have provoked an avalanche of mostly negative comments on aviation website airliners.net.

The reaction of more than 270 posts from around the world is particularly critical of the airline's colour schemes.

Created by award-winning Australian industrial designer Marc Newson, a first media review of the cabins said: "Travellers will see elegant internal furnishings in colours reflecting the changing hues of our native landscape."

But aviation enthusiasts on airliners.net found that the colours reminded them more of bodily functions than a sunburnt country.

At the top of the hate list were the green seats pictured in the economy cabin.

"I am glad I was not the only one wanting to puke when I saw the green economy seats," said a poster from the US, the first destination for the A380.

"Those are horrible."

A fellow American agreed: "Given all the hype from QF, Iwas expecting much better product.

"This one looks like crap.

"Bad colours, seat designs that value form over comfort."

One British correspondent likened the economy cabin to a hospital waiting room.

"Really, I cannot see this working at all, they are going to have to change it," the poster said.

"Indescribably awful."

"I hope they saved the receipts ... maybe they can get their money back," said another poster from Colombia.

One wag even posted a picture of Sydney's City Rail trains, which also have unflattering green seats, and suggested these might have been the inspiration.

Posters were also generally underwhelmed by the photographs of the Qantas first- and business-class seats, although reaction to these was more mixed.

"Newson may have been going for a retro/Soviet 70s style, in which case he pulled it off quite well, especially looking at the first-class cabin," said a Finnish correspondent.

But one Australian doubted whether the colour would make any difference to travellers and another believed the reaction was "a tad too harsh".

"There are many things we can't tell from these pics, such as how comfortable the seats actually are, how much real space there is, etc," the Australian said.

"People in economy aren't going to give a toss what colour the seats are as long as they are comfortable and have a working PTV screen - the same way they aren't going to care what colour the business cabin is as long as the seats are flat and the service is decent."

Qantas said the cabins were still unfinished and urged people not to judge them on the basis of a limited number of photographs.

"We are totally confident of our new product," said the airline's head of corporate affairs, Belinda de Rome.

"We think it will be the best in the sky and when people see it on board they will be bowled over."

Source: The Australian
    Best Regards Steve

People in economy aren't going to give a toss what colour the seats are as long as they are comfortable and have a working PTV screen - the same way they aren't going to care what colour the business cabin is as long as the seats are flat and the service is decent."

Yeah sure...so why pay money to the "DESIGNER" to do something up ? why not just order directly from the catalouge ?

"We think it will be the best in the sky and when people see it on board they will be bowled over."

Compared to SQ ? No one will be amazed at all , maybe those that have been traveling on inferior stuff then this .. Both EK and other mid eastern carriers will have a better product then this for sure , i am pretty confident so would BA and Virgin atlantic.
    Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies

It's like buying a Bentley and finding out it's got Trabant seats in it
    Best Regards Steve

Absolutely hideous colours.

The Green economy and pink red business class is almost bearable, buts whats with those 60s, Boeing 707 style first class seats??!
    Bmused55

Keep thy airspeed up, less the earth come from below and smite thee.

My Blog
    My Designs

Of course QF will say its great.... they have spent a good amount of money on the "designing" and even if they hate it themselves, it will still look great to them.

Talking to the Qantas MD in Mumbai last night, he couldnt stop raving about the the new A380 interiors. Fortunately my single malt made sure i didnt open my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by KabirT View Post
    and even if they hate it themselves, it will still look great to them.
    :
    That's a paradoxical statement Kabir!!
    Best Regards Steve

Apparently the RAAF's new C17's got the A380's seats and vice versa
    Last edited by steve rowell; 25th May 2008 at 07:28.
    Best Regards Steve

Quote Originally Posted by KabirT View Post
    Fortunately my single malt made sure i didnt open my mouth.
    So did you inject the whisky ?
    Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat !

I find it bland, insipid and a bit old fashioned. They seem to be inspired in the old soviet planes of the seventies. A bit of a retro look.

Yep, disgusting.
    We knew the Ozzies had no taste, style or manners, this proves it. (Ducks and runs for cover) :-)

They have paid the designer, too late now.
    I remember Britis Aerospace payin some jerk £500,000 to come up with Tea/Coffee rings on a blue table-cloth and a new BAE SYSTEMS red badge hoiked straight from Kwiksave.

But what do I know, I just have to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by old shape View Post
    We knew the Ozzies had no taste, style or manners, this proves it. (Ducks and runs for cover) :-)
    Glad you said it and not me!!
    Best Regards Steve

Thread Information