Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Breaking news: New low cost

Breaking news: New low cost

You will be probably the first ones to know that Air Europa, whose decissions have been silly lately, is about to create a low cost, called Universia. No details of number of model of planes used, or if they will simply try to repaint their B737 to operate in low cost basis, which could be the most reasonable option. We have to remember that their financial situation is not really good.

Well, the Spanish market is like a "mad house", Vueling and Clickair about to merge, Iberia with no direction, Spanair with no buyer. Easyjet and Ryanair getting into the domestic market. And Air Europa, whose owner is a bit peculiar, is to create a low cost ?????

I don´t see sense at all.

ahem i know! bonkers difficult market there init!

but wasnt air europa marketing themselves as low cost anyways?
    they certainly were when i flew on them, low fares...and pay for this and that

the flights in spain are always busy yet all these carriers are troubled
    weird init

bring back spantax thats what i say coronados aaaaaah!

They are probably more then a bit concerned that Air Comet is gaining on them. The people behind Air Comet seem to have some seriously deep pockets. They are expanding rapidly, even ordered A380s!
    Click here to view my photos at JetPhotos.net!
    Click here to visit my website!

Iberia do have a direction and are doing very well, one of the worlds most profitable airlines!

Wouldnt Air Europa be better off working on their current brand and name as its already well known?

Well is this airline going to be created to take on Ryanair. And as for Iberia they are a great airline and no exacltey what they are doing. If they didnt have a direction then they would be all over the place.
    NICK

More news. They will be using EMB192, and their objective is fighting Air Nostrum CRJ, in the regional routes, and launching new international ones, in routes where small more profitable places be needed.

Air Nostrum (Iberia Regional) should be concerned about it.

Thread Information