Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Axis Die-cast Models

Hybrid View

Axis Die-cast Models

I derive much pleasure from collecting and viewing my slowly expanding collection of WWII fighters. Not surprisingly, manufacturer choices concentrate on those that sell well: So Spitfires, P51s, and ME109s are abundant.

I want my collection to have a bit of balance and am keen to add some good quality Axis examples, such as the Ki-51, FW190D (not bloomin' 'A's!), MC202 etc.

I have two questions:

Can you recommend manufacturers with a good reputation for die-cast axis fighters (I'm thinking of perhaps a Japanese company - there must be a demand in the Far East)?

Can you recommend message boards that discuss the merits or otherwise of the die-cast products available?

On an endnote, I used to build plastic models as a teenager, but with 'time-management' uppermost in my mind, collecting a model every now and then works well for me - and they look great

IXO Models are iffy on supply but do some Japanese aircraft, plus others. The quality is not tip top which is recognised in the cost but I have a Beaufighter X which is not bad for £12 or so. Check out "The Flying Mule" WWW site, they have good quality images of the plans. Dragon wings do a 190 D (I sold my A to but the D!) and these you can pick up in model zone, or I use collectors aircraft club, not the best WWW site but they will find you what you need. will stick the links on if you need - good luck.
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

Have you tried these guys, I'm sure somebody here will be able to help

http://forums.diecast-aviation.eu/index.php

Unless of course you have already

PaulC

Quote Originally Posted by Seafuryfan View Post
    I derive much pleasure from collecting and viewing my slowly expanding collection of WWII fighters. Not surprisingly, manufacturer choices concentrate on those that sell well: So Spitfires, P51s, and ME109s are abundant.

I want my collection to have a bit of balance and am keen to add some good quality Axis examples, such as the Ki-51, FW190D (not bloomin' 'A's!), MC202 etc.

I have two questions:

Can you recommend manufacturers with a good reputation for die-cast axis fighters (I'm thinking of perhaps a Japanese company - there must be a demand in the Far East)?

Can you recommend message boards that discuss the merits or otherwise of the die-cast products available?

On an endnote, I used to build plastic models as a teenager, but with 'time-management' uppermost in my mind, collecting a model every now and then works well for me - and they look great
    Try here - http://www.flyingmule.com/range/diec...models-junior/

DO-335, French Bloch Fighters, IL2's etc etc
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

Thanks for the posts BSG-75 & Paul C. Any more steers very welcome.

Witty Wings / Sky guardians are pretty good. The sea furies are excellent!

Cheers
    =======================================

"What do you mean the computer say's NO!"

http://cliffibell.fotopic.net

Thread Information