Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: 6Sqn Jaguar XX119

6Sqn Jaguar XX119

Hi all,

Well below are photos of my unfinished 1:72 model of 6Sqn's gorgeous Jaguar XX119. COuld I have your thoughts based on the following info:

1. This is ALL free hand painting
    2. Copied as best I can from Damien Burkes photos & Bigvern1966's pic
    3. The yellow is the closest I could get
    4. Yes I know its a GR1 not a GR3
    5. This is Mk1 I have one more Jag kit left, a GR3
    6. Starboard is mainly guess work due to lack of Sbd side photos.

I hope Ive done a good interpretation and Canopener Al isnt too upset for me trying to honour his AWESOME design.

Bex

http://bexwh773.fotopic.net/p44498567.html

http://bexwh773.fotopic.net/p44498568.html

UPDATE

Well cockpit now fitted should have decals etc fitted tonight so final complete photo either tonight or tomorrow. Bex

good job!

Hardest part to get right would be the peeling back paint effect as on the real one.
    Cheers,Peter
    "Merlins always drip oil, when they don't....worry!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hardest part to get right would be the peeling back paint effect as on the real one.
    Spot on Peter, tried 3 times repainted it 3 times gave up and just used silver lines although my Version 2 will have something better than just silver lines.... I hope :diablo: Bex

Fine effort Bex, better than I could do .

I am doing some 144th kits at the moment but personally I prefer the other way of making yourself go blind:diablo: .

Regards,

John.
    ON SUN TIPPED WINGS THEY LOVED TO FLY INTO THE WIDE UNMEASURED SKY

http://www.lightnings.org.uk/

"Good luck Mr Gorsky!".

Quote Originally Posted by FMK.6JOHN View Post
    Fine effort Bex, better than I could do .

I am doing some 144th kits at the moment but personally I prefer the other way of making yourself go blind:diablo: .

Regards,

John.
    ROFL yes its certainly made me go cross eyed a few times thats for sure, thanks for the comment. FUnny u should mention 1:144, next on the list is my fave commercial tin can, Boeing 707 in BA livery. Bex

Oh Dear :(

Er forget the last update, getting the light blue & white circles on the engine cowlings will take a bit longer than Id first thought and is going slightly pearshaped. Bex

Nearly FInished

Just a quick update, all painting nearly finished, just got a white circle to add on the engine cowlings then I can get the decals on. Bex

The sack of spuds in the navigator's seat
    Bex,

You might be interested to know that Model Alliance are releasing the decals for this aircraft in both 1:72 and 1:48. Look here and scroll down a bit for info.

http://www.hyperscale.com/reviews/de...reviewbg_1.htm

Mind you, they bound to be fiddley so perhaps you excellent efforts at hand painting are the way to go but it isn't something I'd take on in a hurry - well done, looks good!

Chris
    Last edited by cdp206; 9th September 2007 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by cdp206 View Post
    Bex,

You might be interested to know that Model Alliance are releasing the decals for this aircraft in both 1:72 and 1:48. Look here and scroll down a bit for info.

http://www.hyperscale.com/reviews/de...reviewbg_1.htm

Mind you, they bound to be fiddley so perhaps you excellent efforts at hand painting are the way to go but it isn't something I'd take on in a hurry - well done, looks good!

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the link, I wondered how long it would be before decals came out but having done a 1:72 tigermeet RF4E with decals I thought Id try by hand and to be honest, my Jaguar looks a darn sight better LoL

SO far the Jag has taken nearly a month, just got 2 white cirlces to do then all the painting is done. Thanks for your kind comments.

Bex

The windy cabbage patch (AKA Home of the BBMF)
    Not a bad effort there mate, I had the advantage of working on a 90cm image when I did 'Bet Lynch', and also the advantage of being able to correct mistake without too much hassle (thanks to using multiple layers in PhotoShop). One thing to note about the new MA decals is they will not have the names on the aircraft due to the conditions of the crown copyright licence, got told that info by one of the guys who did the research on XX119.
    TWIN RAMJET POWERED MONOPLANE FIXER 1985 - 1989

Thanks Bigvern, oh the only other thing I couldnt do was the Sqn badges on the tail, Im afraid theyre just small blobs of gold paint with a tiny blob of light blue. I thoguht I was gonna make a right pigsear of it, but Im impressed with it so far. Bex

Thread Information