Part 4

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1
    Sean O'Connor

Sean's Blog, now with forum
    ACIG.org Team
    Airliners.net

Thanks Deino for the pics. No doubt from the direction and location of the sensor, it has something to do with satellites, and GPS is the likely system. The panels around the area of J-10 06 and 03 are greenish and different from the all yellow in previous prototypes.

Can't say these planes are prototypes. Red numbers are generally temporary factory applied numbers, used to designate planes within a production batch. The J-10s heading to the 3rd Division didn't seem to have the sensor fairing, so I guess this is a new development.
    pb::

New thread starts with bad news 1st , it seems most likely no J-10 will attend the coming Zhuhai Air show, JF-17 will only be in static display, the list of aircrafts will attend the show.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The J-10 does not interest me for Zhuhai and I expected them not to show it either. What's more important is whatever the avionics they will display this time, because that gives you a far better gauge of the state of the Chinese aviation industry.

But in future argument at least we know the J-10 will not be soon marketed overseas except Pakistan whose president & Air chief already have been briefed about J10, the main attracting point this year will be the sub-systems, hopeful more information on radar engine, missile etc will be available.

J10, Google Earth PICS

Question

Quote Originally Posted by crobato
    Can't say these planes are prototypes. Red numbers are generally temporary factory applied numbers, used to designate planes within a production batch. The J-10s heading to the 3rd Division didn't seem to have the sensor fairing, so I guess this is a new development.
    I agree with You as those asrn't prototypes ! For my opinion they are just factory numbered machines during a test flight prior to painting .... would be interesting what number they will get !

I was just comparing some of the 3. Division birds and at least the J-10B which was shown very close has this feature already as do the J-10A's on the lineup !

Maybe they are for a second regiment within the 3. Division or just later amchines for the first regiment .... or the single seaters are for another division as all their numbers are errased !

Cheers, Deino
    Last edited by Deino; 14th October 2008 at 11:53.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.
    -------------------------------------------------
    W.H.Auden (1945)

Hard to say. We know those 3rd Division birds were photographed either in January or February of 2006.

The pics of J-10s with the PT04 can only be after PT04 came out and painted, which makes it spring. These planes didn't have those GPS like sensors either.

Something about Dingxin base. I noticed there were bomb ranges nearby. Planes could be testing air to ground weapons. Can't rule out J-10s and J-11s being developed for that.

Quote Originally Posted by crobato
    ... These planes didn't have those GPS like sensors either. ...
    Are You sure ??? I think they have !!!

Deino

W.H.Auden (1945)

Oh yeah, you're correct. At first I thought that was a reflection highlight.
    It's also true of the J-10B in the picture.

Just some nice pictures found at CDF (by Don Juan) !!!

W.H.Auden (1945)

China’s two major fighter aircraft manufacturers, Shenyang Aircraft Industry Co. (SAC) and Chengdu Aircraft Industry Co. (CAC), are both working on advanced 4th generation fighter designs that could enter the PLAAF service as early as 2015. While Shenyang has been engaged in a brand new F/A-22-class stealth fighter design known as J-12, Chengdu has been focusing its development effort on an enlarged twin-engine stealth version of its J-10 fighter possibly designated J-13. Both development projects are believed to have benefited from Russian aviation and weapon technologies.

SHENYANG J-12 PROGRAMME

The Chinese aviation industry began the preliminary research for China’s 4th generation fighter programme in the mid-1990s. In 1998 the U.S. Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) reported that an advanced F/A-22-class twin-engine stealth fighter known as J-12 was under development at Shenyang. Later in 2003 an Internet source photo revealed a fighter mockup for wind tunnel test which may be linked to the J-12 project. As more details of the fighter began to emerge, it was understood that the fighter will also be fitted with an internal weapon bay and possibly active phased array radar.

Considering China’s track record in combat aircraft development, a project like the J-12 may prove challenging. It will involves technology advancement in a number of fields including materials, high-performance aviation engine, electronics, flight control software, and stealth technologies. A project of this scale will also require huge amount of investment and considerable knowledge of complex project and manufacturing management. While China may be able to benefit from some “off-the-shelf” dual-use technologies available in the commercial market, it will almost definitely seek assistance from its traditional military technology suppliers such as Russia and Israel. However, none of these two countries possess the experience of developing an advance fighter of this class.

Russian Sukhoi Company (JSC), which has developed close ties with Shenyang over the licensed co-production of its Su-27SK fighter as J-11, has been reportedly working with Shenyang in developing the next-generation fighter technology and sub-systems. Although Russia has yet been able to develop an operational stealth fighter, the J-12 project may benefit from its technologies in two particular areas: thrust vectoring engine and stealth design. China may also seek potential partners from Russia, Israel and Europe to co-develop avionics and weapon suites for its 4th-generation fighter aircraft.

CHENGDU J-13 PROJECT

Recommended books
    Sukhoi S-37 and Mikoyan MFI: Russian Fifth-Generation Fighter Demonstrators
    Soviet Secret Projects: Fighters Since 1945
    Ultimate Fighter: Lockheed Martin F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Following the successful development of the J-10 fighter, Chengdu and its subordinated 611 Aircraft Design Institute began to work on an enlarged twin-engine version of the J-10 to compete with Shenyang’s J-12 project for the PLAAF’s 4th generation fighter programme. The new fighter, which was reportedly designated J-13, inherited the J-10’s canard delta design and resembles the Russian Mikoyan MiG MFI (Project 1.44) fifth-generation fighter demonstrator in many aspects. The J-13 design is less radical in terms of design and technology compared to the Shenyang J-12, and therefore may stand a better chance of becoming successful.

It was reported that Russian MAPO-MIG has been working with Chengdu since the late 1990s to develop a new generation fighter based on the J-10 design. The J-13 may be powered by two improved AL-41 turbofan engines with thrust-vectoring nozzles and possibly supersonic cruise capability too, giving a maximum take-off weight of 20t. If this is proven to be true, the J-13 will be a high-performance heavyweight fighter superior to the European EF-2000 Typhoon and French Rafale, though it may not be as capable as the F/A-22 Raptor
    http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/fighter/jxx.asp

Whats ur stance on this guys? the AL41 is already developed ?

Quote Originally Posted by joey

The chinese are working on their own next generation engine design and have been for some time, I forget the details, but a mock-up of the compressor stage was shown at an airshow some time ago. If I remember correctly the designation is something with 2000 in it- somebody will remember more than me. Anyway the J-12/13 programme is a long way of- probably a decade before we see a flying plane. In the meantime I would expect to see increasingly advanced J-10 variants.

JH-7A

thank to HUITONG site's!.

Z-9G

night time version of the Z-9G copters

Quote Originally Posted by Raygun
    Chinese crews with wide-angle ANVIS nine aviators goggles? That is what I call a big surprise!! I thought ITT or Litton were not delivering to commie China.

Quote Originally Posted by flex297
    Chinese crews with wide-angle ANVIS nine aviators goggles? That is what I call a big surprise!! I thought ITT or Litton were not delivering to commie China.

chinese copy stolen tech again hehe. just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by flex297
    Money tend to fix that issue.

Well, basically I have expected Chinese to field some alternatives which might be easier to come by...

Turkish licensed Aselsan AVS-6 (IIRC, they got reexport license rights)
    OIP Helimun OIP from Belgium
    Canadian Newcon NVS-6
    Polish PCO PNL-2D
    Polish PCO PNL-3
    French Sagem CN2H
    Actual Chinese goggles on Mi-171
    Russian NELK ONV-1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aselsan AVS-6.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	144718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helimun OIP.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	144719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Newcon NVS-6.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	144720  
    Last edited by flex297; 11th September 2009 at 08:34.

China's JDAM

Nobady posted this? LS-6 Precision Guided Glider Bomb
    Guide modes:1.INS, 2.INS+GPS, 3.INS+SAR

Quote Originally Posted by joey

no, right now it's going to be pretty rough, because they really don't have a 5th generation engine anywhere near ready. And the Russian option isn't that much better. Unless, you really think AL-41F1A is a 5th generation engine and I assure you that no PLA person believes in that. And as we saw with WS-10A, the engine came out a lot later than J-10 did. So, for any 5th generation plane, it will likely be fitting with WS-10 series first imo.

thank to HUITONG site's!.
    Beautiful!!

new pictures of Y-8 JSTARS

new pictures of Y-8 JSTARS.........Plus a big pic of Y-8 ELINT

Name:	2279307_617035666_EE5rv3a2vn7T.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	144752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2279307_617035867_sS24PR5KffxL.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	144753   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20061012142556.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	144755  
    Last edited by dongdong2; 12th October 2006 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by dongdong2
    Nobady posted this? LS-6 Precision Guided Glider Bomb
    Guide modes:1.INS, 2.INS+GPS, 3.INS+SAR
    Pic has been around but no text about its guidance. Can you please provide some link to official publications where the guidance methods you mention are stated?

Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    Pic has been around but no text about its guidance. Can you please provide some link to official publications where the guidance methods you mention are stated?
    This pic was scanned from the back cover of a Chinese military magazine for enthusiasts. No more info about the pic and the guided bomb itself on the mag, a pic only. The guidance methods I mentioned are from Chinese forum. I think the parameters of the bomb will be released soon, because this bomb is for export market.

more night time helmet..

Name:	124_35_2cbbe18ddc249d7.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	144829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26_35_3ef693d770d6564.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	144830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26_35_287da4c9637fa8d.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	144831  

Talking

Report to Congress, The Northrop Grumman must have secretly transferred global hawk UAC to AVIC1 Chengdu Aircraft Company!!

Quote Originally Posted by tphuang
    no, right now it's going to be pretty rough, because they really don't have a 5th generation engine anywhere near ready. And the Russian option isn't that much better. Unless, you really think AL-41F1A is a 5th generation engine and I assure you that no PLA person believes in that. And as we saw with WS-10A, the engine came out a lot later than J-10 did. So, for any 5th generation plane, it will likely be fitting with WS-10 series first imo.
    I have to agree with that, I think what we will see is what you could call a fith gen airframe, or an airframe with 5th gen features (I am not realy comfortable with the idea of forcing aircraft in generational categories) with WS-10A series engines, or possibly Kunlun.

Quote Originally Posted by dongdong2
    more night time helmet..
    The WGT46-1 (CLNW-WYJ) on the second pic is unsuitable due to lack of stereo vision.

Chengdu (J-10, FC-1, J-7) Global Hawk project?
    Last edited by GoldenDragon; 31st December 2006 at 00:37.

Thread Information