Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Kemble Air Day - Sunday 18th June 2006

Kemble Air Day - Sunday 18th June 2006

Nothing new for the hardened enthusiast at Kemble today and the forecast clear skies + 30 degrees deteriorated into high overcast cloud all day. However, this was a very nicely balanced show with something for everyone, vintage, modern, military and civil. The RAF Tornado had to abort his take-off due to an afterburner failure and the highlight of the show was the RNZAF Boeing 757 which was definately a coup for Kemble. Well done Glen + team!
    Adrian

Sittingbourne Kent 45 mins from MSE ,55 mins from LGW
    Seems funny that I saw the Black cats take off to kemble at Manston brilliant shots there

Off topic sad news about Sea Hawks Mate Sea Fury on saturday it hit a gull receiving a nasty dent in the nose today it flew back to Yeovilton for some repair work.

James
    Last edited by Manston Airport; 18th June 2006 at 21:44.
    Looking forward to the 2010 airshow Season

Talking

Speaking as one of Glen's "crew" and just back from a long, hard, and very tiring weekend working there - I just thought I would add a few comments too.....lol

I was Airside all day on security over the far side, positioned right under the flying display line - which would have meant a few amazing shots had my camera been accessible at the right moment Apart from the rather un-nerving experience of seeing everything heading directly at me all day - highlight for me was the low pass by the RNZAF 757 which shot over my head at very little altitude and seemingly banking to avoid an adjacent hanger roof I was nearly ducking for cover - but boy was it impressive....lol
    Tornado aborted alongside me on take-off - typical tonkas (I used to work on em remember). Sparrows aborted their display due to not one but 2 incursions on Kemble airspace Sad to see the Fouga going - nice but quirky little beast (with equally nice but quirky pilot....lol)
    Liked that R/C US Coastguard Herc (1/7th scale) - having seen it close up on the ground - but it did fly a tad fast for scale...but made up for it by dropping dummies on chutes...lol
    Cracking display by the Sea Hawk - glad to see it around again

All in all - well worth my weekend down there - despite the really long hours on duty - but thats fine cuz I volunteered... Can't wait for the next one now
    Pete Buckingham
    Former RAF Engineer
    Volunteer in Aviation
    http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

You really need to change your signiture at the bottom of your posts Pete!! To much gloating there

Great pix as ever from DB on another thread...think I'll put mine here, I've given up on moving targets !

Albert, great to meet with you at last, look forward to a longer chat next time !

PS did anyone get a shot of G-BSEU - I was in too much of a rush to get the bus across & back !
    Last edited by old eagle; 13th December 2006 at 18:34.

Retreating?! Hell no, we're just attacking the other direction!
    Love the pictures of Ultimate High Extra's and the Bulldog, any idea who was flying them ? Anna
    Last edited by Mark9; 19th June 2006 at 18:38.

Ultimate High Extras and Bulldogs

They were flown by:
    Robert Miller
    Charlie Mcilroy
    John Taylor
    Mark Grigg

Interestingly other Ultimate High pilots were flying the Spitfire:
    Bill Perrins
    and the Delta Jets Hunters:
    Andy Cubin
    Brian Cornes
    Steve Hicks

BTW did anybody get any pics of the Ultimate High Formation?

Thread Information