Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Two Questions: London Heathrow & Paris CDG

Two Questions: London Heathrow & Paris CDG

Hello,

As you'll see from my signature, I'm flying to Paris for the day next month with British Airways, but I'm going to admire the city this time and not the airport.

When booking the flight last night, I ignorantly assumed that I was flying from Terminal 1, but then noticed after the booking was complete, that the flight is actually from Terminal 4. This is a totally new terminal for me. I've been from 1 and 3, but never 4. So, how do I go about getting to Terminal 4 from either Hatton Cross Tube Station or from Terminals 1, 2 and 3?

Secondly, I'll be arriving in Paris at about 11.30am and will have about 7 hours before returning to the airport for the flight home again, but what is the quickest/cheapest option to get from the airport to the city centre.

I honestly don't have a clue, so any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by T5
    So, how do I go about getting to Terminal 4 from either Hatton Cross Tube Station or from Terminals 1, 2 and 3?
    Dont know how much luggage you will have but there is a Piccadilly Line replacement bus from Hatton Cross to Terminal 4

Quote Originally Posted by Humberside
    Dont know how much luggage you will have but there is a Piccadilly Line replacement bus from Hatton Cross to Terminal 4
    Ah, great thanks. No luggage as its just a day trip, fortunately. Any idea of the frequency? I won't have too much time to spare as its a 9.20am departure.
    Michael

T5,

The last time I transferred from T1 to 4 and vice versa I used the bus services. These are run by the airport and are free. You're probably best asking exactly where the pick up point is when you arrive as I can't remember exactly, but it was very easy to find.

As far as Paris is concerned, CDG has it's own train station, so just follow the signs and you're (if I remember correctly) about 20 minutes or so from Gare Du Nord.

Hope that helps.

Paul
    My images on Flickr Jetphotos A.Net

The Hatton Cross-T4 tube replacement bus is every 5 minutes

Thanks very much to the pair of you. Need to look organised or I won't impress my travelling companion... and that's my aim
    Michael

To get to T4, you have a couple of choices. Either get off the tube at Hatton Cross and take the bus (as discussed above) to continue on the tube to Heathrow Central and then take the Heathrow Express (HEx) to T4 - HEx is free between central and T4. The former - Hatton Cross plus bus - is probably quickest.

At CDG you will arrive at Terminal 2B. Its probably quickest to walk to the station (which is between 2D and 2F I think - or maybe between 2B and 2D?), and then take the RER train into central Paris - its stops at Gare du Nord and several other stations past Gare du Nord which are closer to the usual tourist attractions. Queues for train tickets at the airport can be long, but the automatic ticket machines will issue a day return ticket to any station in the metro central zone (change from the RER to the metro at most central Paris stations).

I would recommend on-line checkin (print your own boarding passes) the night before you fly, or use the automatic checkin machines in the terminal. If you checkin at a desk, ask for same-day return checkin, as this will save you time at CDG when you are flying back.

Andy
    "Light travels faster than sound-that's why some people seem bright until they speak"
    AirTeamImages
    - the best aviation photography

Quote Originally Posted by T5
    Need to look organised or I won't impress my travelling companion
    ah....city of love eh!
    Sy

Everybody makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the ends of pencils.

Quote Originally Posted by Skymonster
    I would recommend on-line checkin (print your own boarding passes)
    Thanks for the other replies everybody. Online check-in is one of the reasons I chose British Airways. I'm getting to Heathrow by either train or Railair bus service, so I can't really get to the airport too early. Being able to get there for about an hour before, knowing that I've got two good seats on both flights, is great.
    Michael

Thread Information