Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pakistan test-fires first ground-launched cruise missile

Hybrid View

Exclamation Pakistan test-fires first ground-launched cruise missile

Pakistan test-fires first ground-launched cruise missile

08.11.2005, 01:43 AM

ISLAMABAD (AFX) - Pakistan today successfully test-fired its first ever ground-launched cruise missile, which is capable of carrying nuclear warheads, the military said in a statement.

The launch of the Hatf VII Babur comes days after Pakistan and India, seeking to prevent an accidental nuclear exchange, agreed to notify each other before missile tests and to set up a hotline between their foreign secretaries.

The missile could reach targets up to 500 kilometres away, the military said.
    http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx...fx2177489.html

Cheers,
    Alepou 340MB :diablo:
    Superior tactics can always defeat superior numbers.

So its the Chinese now.

All the more reasons for greater India-US strategic partnership
    "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Hi,
    Could be a Copy, But what GLCM Type...?? if it is Chinese ...as said by Austin

Cheers,

August 11, 2005 Thursday Rajab 5, 1426

Pakistan test-fires first ground-launched cruise missile Babur ISLAMABAD, Aug 11 (Agencies) Pakistan on Thursday successfully test-fired its first ever ground-launched cruise missile, the Hatf VII Babur, capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads, the military said in a statement. "By the Grace of Allah, all design parameters for the flight were validated," the statement said, adding that the terrain-hugging missile could reach targets up to 500 kilometres (310 miles) away. President General Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz congratulated the scientists and engineers involved in the Babur programme on their outstanding success.(Posted @ 09:40 PST)

----

Information Minister terms missile testing ‘a gift’ for Musharraf ISLAMABAD, Aug 11 (APP): Federal Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed Thursday termed the successful testing of the first-ever ground-launched cruise missile by Pakistan as "a gift of the scientists on the birthday of President Musharraf and the Independence Day of the nation."(Posted @ 13:00 PST)

http://www.dawn.com/2005/08/11/welcome.htm

----

Pakistan Test Fires Nuke-Capable Missile

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Pakistan on Thursday test fired its first cruise missile, a weapon that can carry nuclear and conventional warheads, a test it conducted without notifying archrival India, officials said.

The missile, named Babur, has a range of 310 miles. The launch site was not disclosed.

The Foreign Ministry said Pakistan did not inform India, as an agreement formalized between the two countries over the weekend on pre-notification of missile tests does not cover cruise missiles.

There was no immediate reaction from India. :P

Cruise missiles are typically low-flying guided missiles that use jet propulsion to allow sustained flight.

The military statement said the Babur missile flies parallel to the surface of the ground, can hit its target with "pinpoint accuracy" and can be fired from war ships, submarines and fighter jets.

"The technology enables the missile to avoid radar detection and penetrate undetected through any hostile defensive system," it said.

Army spokesman Maj. Gen. Shaukat Sultan said Pakistan has joined the few countries "that can design and make cruise missiles."

The missile test agreement is part of confidence-building in a peace process between the South Asian rivals, which have fought three wars since independence from Britain in 1947. They also agreed at the weekend to set up a hot line next month to help prevent accidental nuclear conflict.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto..._missile_test_1

----

It was kept quit and bang..suddenly =) just like the Nukes....but for regular readers of Pakdef, it was a thing waiting to happen ;-)

=)

Should have tested on 14th Aug I reckon....but oh well...No pics so far..but the videos should be their on PTV soon. 45 mins until next news...if they have it, then its there, else no.
    Last edited by phrozenflame; 11th August 2005 at 09:25.

Oh! Yes..11-Aug-1943 ....Its birthday OF President. Pervaiz Musharaf!..

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines

India Wasnt Notified, because it isnt a ballistic missile.

If it is Chinese..it could be HN-1 or HN-2...but ranges seem to mismatch...

http://www.vectorsite.net/twcruz7.html
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/china/lacm.htm

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by phrozenflame
    If it is Chinese..it could be HN-1 or HN-2...but ranges seem to mismatch...

http://www.vectorsite.net/twcruz7.html
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/china/lacm.htm
    HN-1 range: 600km
    Babur range: 500km.

As you see all Pakistani officers including Musharaf were present at the test-site to see the first development flight of Babur. How they thought they country like pakistan could be successful for the first test ? And look at the TEL also.

China should stop playing game between India and Pakistan. :diablo:

Lets wait for more details to come out before we associate this missile with some other. Some folks (indians) are jumping the guns here... "oh well it's china's, end of the story" WTH?

why dont they post a photo of the test or in the storage ? specs anyone ?

else its just Rashid Qureishi claims - seldom if ever to be taken at face value

would you believe anything if India issued a press release of testing a 8000km
    missile with no specs, no photos, no details of where it was tested and who built it ?
    :diablo:

No pics or specs..thats why no one should be making any claims atm, but I think Austin already saw the pics..hence his claims.

I know its hard for you to beleive it, I suggest Wait and Watch. Its still very early for photos or videos.
    Last edited by phrozenflame; 11th August 2005 at 09:51.

Babar: Turkish Word for Lion, Emperor Zahir ud-Din Mohammed Babar, Founder of Moghul Dynasty. http://www.answers.com/topic/babur

Pakistan has named its Weaponry after Great historic Muslims Warriors and Leaders such as Ghauri and Khalid.
    Last edited by phrozenflame; 11th August 2005 at 10:47.

I wonder what profit the chinese made on that?

> Great historic Muslims Warriors and Leaders such as Ghauri

a rapacious looter, religious bigot, a pillager of temples, murderer of countless innocents. little more than a desperate robber out for loot.

> Khalid

ok he was a great general.

from the photo it looks like a solid rocket booster to get it out of tube before
    the white booster falls away and main motor ignites.
    Last edited by Indian1973; 11th August 2005 at 11:31.

Or may be they just didnt paint the booster

anybody provide the specs..of HN-1/HN-2 ????? 320 Miles kind of Close..but does Chinese GLACM has Folding Fins...Casue the first PICs does show that it could have folding Fins??

I am just Happy!! Well Done ( Devloped or copied main thing ToT)
    Last edited by MiG_Master; 11th August 2005 at 11:54.

HN1:

wingspan: 3 meters/10 feet
    length: 6.4 meters/21 feet
    total weight:1,400 kilograms/3,090 pounds
    warhead weight:400 kilograms/880 pounds
    speed: subsonic
    range: 600 kilometers/370 MI / 320 NMI

source: http://www.vectorsite.net/twcruz7.html
    Last edited by kursed; 11th August 2005 at 11:46.

I've just heard this on the news two hours ago....I guess its good news for Pakistan.

Lightbulb

But according to many, there are no such missiles as HN-1/2/3. PRC long range cruiss missile is called DH-10. 1500+ km.....
    Important Hyper Note: I am NOT an Aeronautical Engineer NOR an Aerospace Expert, etc, etc nor do I claim to be one.
    Regards,
    Hyper McStupid

I might have faulted while labeling the following picture. Its just my assumption, the real structure labeling might differ.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by kursed
    I might have faulted while labeling the following picture. Its just my assumption, the real structure labeling might differ.
    Something fishy about the picture..

Err the picture was taken from Yahoo and its a zoomed in version of the same pic. If you have any doubts about it or feel that I've doctored it in any way, feel free to compare the two. Ofcourse after zooming in the pic from Yahoo.
    Last edited by kursed; 11th August 2005 at 13:07.

First Video Out! Shown Just on PTV News! Missile takes off...turns..after few seconds Booster drops...and then missile travels..no smoke..no light...and then video finishes..after that a 3D video...some details...

Rocket Booster takes off missile..booster falls then...after that Nose-dip or something manouvre...then air inlet drops from under the missile (b4 its closed inside the body)...and then Fins deploy (Yes, the Folding Fins)..they swoop outwards from the body...It can go from one waypoint to another etc etc..detailed mission plan is fed into it...can go round or above mountains at high speed or other terrains (no mention of speed tho)..then Musharraf comes and says how it out-ranges Brahmos which has range of around 290-300 km. ..Musharraf Part isnt in 3D ;-)

=)
    Last edited by phrozenflame; 11th August 2005 at 13:13.

Captured from video.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Babar2.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	93181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Babar1.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	93182  

Thumbs up

Close Ups:

Quote Originally Posted by shamayel
    Close Ups:

Looks more propaganda stuff to me ...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cinciboy
    Looks more propaganda stuff to me ...