Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: India Arms export

India Arms export

Guys
    I am new to this forum. I searched about this topic on this forum and found none. Can somebody post the export details to different countries..

Cinciboy

Quote Originally Posted by cinciboy
    Guys
    I am new to this forum. I searched about this topic on this forum and found none. Can somebody post the export details to different countries..

Cinciboy
    R u trying to ask whether India export any arms to any countries?
    Take control of yrself and u will control the world!

They obviously do.

I'm interested in the numbers..how much total arms exports...

ty

Numbers? I haven't really looked into India for quite some time but it should be around 60 mio USD for 2004. Mostly small arms and ammmo, a few light vehicles and helicopters (not figured into the 60 mio), couple of smaller equipment items.

Countries might include Burma, Isreal, Chile, Kyrghyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Singapore, Indonesia, Maledives, Malysia, Thailand, Mautitius, Namibia, Botswana, Sudan. But you don't run around in public with such lists and I'm not really up-to-date, as I said.
    "Distiller ... arrogant, ruthless, and by all reports (including his own) utterly charming"

Dhruv may become a hit. For the rest a lot of small army material.

Historically, there's a lot. Off hand, here are the details of a few, (only aviation related)

2 Dhruvs to Nepal - RAN-51 and RAN-52 (Army Variant)
    2+ Lancers to Nepal
    ? Dhruvs to Israel (Civil Variant)
    3 Do-228 MPAs to Mauritius Coast Guard - MP-CG-1, MP-CG-2 and MP-CG-3
    2 Do-228s to Maldives
    1 Do-228 to Bhutan
    3 Chetaks to Seychelles
    8 Mig-21U to Afghanistan (donated but need support)
    2 Cheetahs and 2 Chetaks to Namibia
    20 HT-2 to Ghana (Indonesia and Singapore also got a HT-2 each and perhaps are warbirds there today, if someone can find em')

Hs-748 Spares to Nepal, Jetstream 61 tailplanes, 10 Boeing-737-300 transport/freighter conversion kits to IAI and IDF/AF, Tornado pylons, Su-30 canards and parts, some Jaguar spares, machined parts and components to BAe, 6 SV-2000 MP radars to Poland (a Polish research institute and not the armed forces), A320/21 Fo'd Pax doors, B757 OWX doors, B767 Cargo doors, B777 Landing gear uplock assembly, machined components for Dassault Falcon-7X etc etc etc

More info here http://www.hal-india.com/exports.asp

HAL's exports alone amounted to $20 million in 2003, sales and profits of Rs.2,447 and 265 crore for 2000-01, Rs. 2775 and 374 crore for 2001-02, respectively.

nice work
    Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime 100
    R u trying to ask whether India export any arms to any countries?
    yes

India, Mauritius Plan More Defense Cooperation
    Posted 10/25/05 13:28
    By VIVEK RAGHUVANSHI, NEW DELHI

India and Mauritius, which currently share surveillance information and military training, plan to step up their defense ties to include the supply of weaponry and equipment.

Under a memorandum of understanding signed here Oct. 25, the Indian Navy will assist Mauritius in updating its charts and navigation data.

An Indian Navy official said that the reworking of survey charts would lead to safer navigation and better management of the Mauritian Exclusive Economic Zone. To begin with, an Indian Navy survey ship will be deployed in an area to be identified by the Mauritian government in January.

Visiting Mauritian Prime Minister Navin Chandra Ramgoolam and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh signed the Oct. 25 agreement on the hydrographic work to be undertaken by India’s Navy.

Mauritius also has expressed interest in acquiring the Indian-made Advanced Light Helicopter and buying fast boats from Indian shipyards.

A senior Indian Defence Ministry official said Mauritius also is buying an unspecified number of Dornier aircraft built by India’s state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. for maritime surveillance. Mauritius also is negotiating the purchase of Indian Offshore Patrol Vessels.

Over the years, India has provided the Indian Ocean archipelago nation with expertise and hardware to develop Mauritius’ security capability. New Delhi gave Mauritius a patrol craft in the 1970s. A number of Indian Navy, Coast Guard and Air Force personnel are attached to the Mauritius Coast Guard.

Old thread. Closed. Post in IAF thread

Thread Information