Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 401

Thread: Female Aviators

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new..._female_pilot/

    Meet Flt Lt Kirsty Moore - the Red Arrows first female pilot

    9:30am Monday 23rd August 2010

    http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...+fighter+pilot

    Woman to become Alabama Air National Guard's first female fighter pilot

    By Jenn Rowell • August 7, 2010

    Pilot Sara Ferrero will be in Alabama next fall flying one of the F-16 Fighting Falcons with the 100th Fighter Squadron.
    Last edited by Don Chan; 24th August 2010 at 17:08.
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    (Old news.)

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21874407/

    RAF's first all girl combat helicopter crew is Helmand bound - exclusive

    By Beth Neil 5/12/2009

    And these girls are about to make history by becoming the first all-female RAF combat helicopter crew to serve on the front line in Afghanistan.
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near my dog:)
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Chan View Post
    (Old news.)

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21874407/

    RAF's first all girl combat helicopter crew is Helmand bound - exclusive

    By Beth Neil 5/12/2009

    And these girls are about to make history by becoming the first all-female RAF combat helicopter crew to serve on the front line in Afghanistan.
    I don't know if it is appropriate to say this here, but Sgt. Cole is the hottest crew member I've ever seen flying in a military aircraft.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near my dog:)
    Posts
    396
    Thanks Don, but they are not my type

    On a more serious note, what's the case with the former SU and Eastern European air forces, did they have female fighter pilots or ladies were restricted to transport aviation? And what's the situation today?

    I know that the Russians stopped recruiting female fighter pilots after WWII and that situation remained unchanged till recently. But what about transport aviation and army aviation?

    Also interested about Greece and Turkey? Anybody with a good info? Aspis, Orko?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    271
    so no Russian beauty flanker pilot ?
    why they no longer use female fighter pilot ? IIRC russian female fighters fought well in WW2 ?
    Last edited by Grey Area; 15th September 2010 at 17:56.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    http://www.saabgroup.com/en/About-Sa...pilot-is-born/

    The first female Gripen [sic] pilot is born

    10 October 2010, in News

    This week, the South African Air Force created aviation history.
    One of the four South African Air Force (SAAF) pilots to successfully complete the first Operational Conversion Course (OCC) instructed by local SAAF pilots, is a woman.

    ("The first Gripen female pilot"...)
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    835
    Revista Ejercitos, sometime She will back...

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Germany,close to NL
    Posts
    115
    first female fighter pilot, sabiha gökcen

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabiha_G%C3%B6k%C3%A7en
    Last edited by stimpy75; 15th October 2010 at 11:14.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    632

    Four F-15 Eagle pilots from the 3rd Wing walk to their respective jets at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska, on Wednesday, July 5, for the fini flight of Maj. Andrea Misener (far left). To her right are Capt. Jammie Jamieson, Maj. Carey Jones and Capt. Samantha Weeks.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near my dog:)
    Posts
    396
    Thanks for the info Stimpy.

    Roberto, I'm in love too any info on that angel? At least a phone number

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,580
    first female gripen pilot is born..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    WRT female pilots who fly modern Russian jet fighters, let's see...

    http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...260&sec=nation

    Air of excitement for female MiG [sic] pilot

    Wednesday March 31, 2010

    "KUANTAN: When Mejar Patricia Yapp attended the Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix in 2005, she was just a spectator.

    This time around, the only female pilot of the MiG 29 aircraft in Asia, will thrill racing fans during the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) aerial acrobatic display at the three-day event."

    http://sify.com/news/indian-woman-be...gsRNejaha.html

    Indian woman becomes world's first to fly MiG-35

    2009-02-15 14:23:07
    Last Updated: 2009-02-15 14:43:45

    "Bangalore: Suman Sharma, daughter of a retired Indian naval officer and an army colonel's sister, became the world's first woman to fly the mighty Russian MiG-35 fighter jet at the Aero India international air show here."

    ] first female gripen pilot is born.

    So maybe I'm the only Grammar Nazi in this forum. 8D
    Last edited by Don Chan; 16th October 2010 at 09:15.
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by niksi View Post
    Thanks for the info Stimpy.

    Roberto, I'm in love too any info on that angel? At least a phone number
    Yes, I have it, but... it´s my treasure

    1Saludo
    Revista Ejercitos, sometime She will back...

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...to-combat.html

    A MODEL has swapped beauty queens for battle scenes after ditching the catwalk to fight the Taliban.

    Monday, 22 November 2010

    Stunning Jodie Millward, 20, has binned her glamorous career to battle alongside Brit forces in war-torn Helmand Province in Afghanistan.

    The Miss England semi-finalist, who has joined the RAF as an aircraft mechanic, is following in dad Austin's footsteps after he served in the force for 32 years.
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    http://www.helihub.com/2010/11/23/se...icopter-pilot/

    "Serbian Air Force inducts first female helicopter pilot"

    23 Nov, 10

    Serbia has recently inducted Anja Krneta as the first female helicopter pilot in their air force.

    http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...9/2/2iolt.html

    Major ZHAO Ya Hui, S-70C female pilot, SAR Squadron, 455th Composite Wing, ROCAF, based at Chia Yi AB.
    On Saturday, 11 December 2010, she pilots a S-70C at Hsin Chu AB (499th Composite Wing) open house.
    ROCAF SAR Squadron(s) have five female pilots.
    Last edited by Don Chan; 24th December 2010 at 03:02.
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...004269,00.html

    3 women to finish [Israeli] Air Force cadets' courses

    Fighter pilot, transport pilot, and navigator to stand tall at this week's graduation ceremony

    Published: 12.25.10, 21:38 / Israel News

    Three young women will finish Air Force cadets' courses this week to become a fighter pilot, a transport pilot, and a navigator.
    They will be the first women to finish in a year and a half.
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    virginia beach,VA.
    Posts
    770

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by mabie View Post

    Four F-15 Eagle pilots from the 3rd Wing walk to their respective jets at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska, on Wednesday, July 5, for the fini flight of Maj. Andrea Misener (far left). To her right are Capt. Jammie Jamieson, Maj. Carey Jones and Capt. Samantha Weeks.
    They are hot! I wonder if they....you know......."groom" themselves.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by niksi View Post
    Also interested about Greece and Turkey? Anybody with a good info? Aspis, Orko?
    Well, this is a reply with much delay, but i don't always read all topics...

    In Turkey they have F16 female pilots too.

    In Greece, women are having a hard time inside HAF's pilot school. But i am sure that it is only a matter of time, before a political order arrives from above forcing HAF to boost women.

    Till now , to my knowledge, there is 1 female fighter pilot, in RF4, who aspires to go to F16s one day:

    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5536/93671702.jpg

    And this is the 2nd one, in C27 Spartan (the photo was pubblished from defencenet, as being from Alenia's trainning facility, where she went to get certified on C27J)

    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4859/98842146.jpg

    Who should be the same as here, when she later returned to Greece:

    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2429/48075437.jpg



    Women in HAF are about 10%, but as flying personnel, well, not many. In summer's flying personnel graduation class, there were 45 men, 1 woman. There were also some cases of daughters of HAF pilots that made it in HAF's school, but were subsequently "cut off".

    Part of the problem is also the way that one ends up in HAF. One must compete in pan-hellenic exams, where he must have almost perfect grades in subjects like physics, maths or chemistry. Then there are those that had another faculty as 1st choice, their grades weren't enough and had HAF as 2nd choice. These usually have a hard time to keep going (male of females). I think that this system should change, to allow less good students to get in HAF, if they really want to fly. The problem is that once in HAF, you have then to pass HAF's internal selection and what you did in the exams won't cut it anymore. And for some reason, not many ladies manage to come out of HAF as pilots. They have much better success percentages as engineers, traffic controllers, etc. To be honest i don't think though that the candidates are many either, because in the past 20 years alone there must be over 100 pilots dead in HAF, so a female's preservation of the species instict, should push her away from wanting to become pilot.

    Anyway, you can call me whatever you like, but nature has made some differences. Male pilots don't get to abbandon flying for almost a year because of pregnancy. If they are sent for readyness on an island, they surely won't have "one of those days", that may give them trouble to go out there and start pulling Gs.
    Last edited by Aspis; 27th December 2010 at 17:03.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123244669

    First female CV-22 [sic] pilot completes training

    Posted 3/1/2011

    1st Lt. Candice Killian prepares to fly a CV-22 Osprey.
    Lieutenant Killian is the first qualified female CV-22 pilot.

    (The writer meant "first CV-22 female pilot".)
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Schimatari, Greece
    Posts
    683
    Actually he's right, as she's not a "pilot", but rather a "CV-22 pilot", here CV-22 works as an adjective, not as a noun. But regardless of that, it's fun thinking of a plane as male or female

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    Reminds me of the official "U.S. Navy Style Guide":

    http://www.navy.mil/tools/view_styleguide_all.asp

    'ship names - For first reference always include USS, the ship's name and the hull number: USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75).

    Exceptions: Do not use "USS" for ships before 1909; or if she is not yet in commission; or she has been decommissioned and you are referring to the ship in her present state.

    There is no hyphen in the hull number. In All Hands text, the ship name is in italics. On second reference, use only the ship's name. Do not use "the" in front of a ship's name: "USS San Jose," not "the USS San Jose."

    Ships may be referred to as "she" or "her."

    Ships' nicknames are placed inside quotation marks on first reference only. USS LaSalle (AGF 3), the "Great White Ghost," sailed into San Diego.

    Ship names are not in all caps. Use USS Seattle, not USS SEATTLE.'
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    87

    Thumbs up

    Lt Nelly Speerstra was the first pilot in the RNLAF (KLu) that earned her fighter pilots wings, but she failed to quallify for her operational course.
    So did the daughter of Maj-Gen Macko, who had pushed very hard to get his daughter (who was really too small) in an F-16.

    Manja Block was the first fully combat ready female fighter pilot in NATO and the first female pilot to get fully qualified on the F-16A. She flew combat missions in the former Yugoslavia between 1993 and 1995. She dropped dumb bombs on a moving tank during the fall of Srebrenica and hit it. She later became a qualified weapons instructor at Leeuwarden Air Base. After she married another F-16 pilot and had her first baby she left for Transavia.


    Captain Manja Blok with Defence minister Verhoeven and general Ben Droste (CinC-RNLAF) during Deny-Flight

    Since we've had several female fighter pilots (at least in training) but if I recall correctly the RNLAF stopped actively looking for female fighter pilots after an accident that killed two (civilian) pilots after a mid-air collision over the south of the Netherlands.
    Susanne Kraak-Schoenmaker is a qualified female pilot in command of 334Sqn at Eindhoven. We also have many female pilots on all helicopters, C-130, Fokker-50, Gulfstream, PC-7 and KDC-10

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    http://alert5.com/2011/03/21/its-a-she/

    It's a she!

    2011/03/21

    Caught on camera today at Korat, Thailand was a female RSAF [sic] F-16 fighter pilot.
    While she tried to avoid eye contact, we still managed to capture a picture of her.

    (IMO, to quote the novel "A Piece of Cake" by Derek Robinson: very expressive eyebrows.) 8P
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,761
    The first female RAF Typhoon jet fighter pilot prepares to take off from the Italian Airforce base of Gioia del Colle near Bari in southern Italy



    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ibya-Live.html

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    41
    Pakistan female pilots


    A false sense of security; is worse than insecurity!!
    Respect & follow rulez.
    Visit this for Asiatic Defence Touch...

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, PRC
    Posts
    3,353
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...in-action.html

    Libya: first female British Typhoon pilot in action

    11:52AM GMT 23 Mar 2011

    The first female British Typhoon pilot flew into action on Wednesday as the RAF readied itself for another day enforcing the no-fly zone over Libya.
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

    http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27
    Ecuador's female pilots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 mujer piloto.jpg 
Views:	1892 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	193570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	193571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	1812 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	193572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	193573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20080608tema.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	193574  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cdtfem.jpg 
Views:	900 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	193575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cdtfem2.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	193576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ecuadorairforcefemaleca.jpg 
Views:	3434 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	193577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	santacruzprinc.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	193578  

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    41
    what about Afghani female pilots.
    http://defencedog.blogspot.com/2011/...me-pilots.html
    A false sense of security; is worse than insecurity!!
    Respect & follow rulez.
    Visit this for Asiatic Defence Touch...

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near my dog:)
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspis View Post
    Well, this is a reply with much delay, but i don't always read all topics...

    In Turkey they have F16 female pilots too.

    In Greece, women are having a hard time inside HAF's pilot school. But i am sure that it is only a matter of time, before a political order arrives from above forcing HAF to boost women.

    Till now , to my knowledge, there is 1 female fighter pilot, in RF4, who aspires to go to F16s one day:

    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5536/93671702.jpg

    And this is the 2nd one, in C27 Spartan (the photo was pubblished from defencenet, as being from Alenia's trainning facility, where she went to get certified on C27J)

    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4859/98842146.jpg

    Who should be the same as here, when she later returned to Greece:

    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2429/48075437.jpg



    Women in HAF are about 10%, but as flying personnel, well, not many. In summer's flying personnel graduation class, there were 45 men, 1 woman. There were also some cases of daughters of HAF pilots that made it in HAF's school, but were subsequently "cut off".

    Part of the problem is also the way that one ends up in HAF. One must compete in pan-hellenic exams, where he must have almost perfect grades in subjects like physics, maths or chemistry. Then there are those that had another faculty as 1st choice, their grades weren't enough and had HAF as 2nd choice. These usually have a hard time to keep going (male of females). I think that this system should change, to allow less good students to get in HAF, if they really want to fly. The problem is that once in HAF, you have then to pass HAF's internal selection and what you did in the exams won't cut it anymore. And for some reason, not many ladies manage to come out of HAF as pilots. They have much better success percentages as engineers, traffic controllers, etc. To be honest i don't think though that the candidates are many either, because in the past 20 years alone there must be over 100 pilots dead in HAF, so a female's preservation of the species instict, should push her away from wanting to become pilot.

    Anyway, you can call me whatever you like, but nature has made some differences. Male pilots don't get to abbandon flying for almost a year because of pregnancy. If they are sent for readyness on an island, they surely won't have "one of those days", that may give them trouble to go out there and start pulling Gs.
    Thank you for a really informative reply aspis

    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_yeager View Post
    Yes, I have it, but... it´s my treasure

    1Saludo
    Roberto, did you change your mind

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

- Part of the    Network -

KEY AERO AVIATION NEWS

MAGAZINES

AVIATION FORUM

SHOP

 

WEBSITES