Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47

Thread: Inside one of the many pathetic rusty bucket???

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102

    Inside one of the many pathetic rusty bucket???




    Strange!!! Because, these guys don't look anything at all
    like the machoistic Clint Eastwoods; the unstoppable Swartzniggers;
    or the super-inteligent Fred Fredman characters we were made to expect
    would man Made in Holywood command modules as these...

    http://military.china.com/zh_cn/impo.../11922624.html

    (Numero 403, if true, says it's a 091 Han)

    Last edited by edisonone; 20th October 2004 at 15:28.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    World's oceans
    Posts
    571
    Why do I NEVER understand anything of what you're saying????
    Well I got the point when I saw the pictures. It's not impossible, we don't get to see ANY screen or anything that could be classified. Last picture looks quite weird though, it looks like a Romeo... Judging from the inside, it also looks quite old and cramped (SSK-like). Of course Han is an OLD design too...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Severodvinsk
    Why do I NEVER understand anything of what you're saying????
    Well I got the point when I saw the pictures. It's not impossible, we don't get to see ANY screen or anything that could be classified. Last picture looks quite weird though, it looks like a Romeo... Judging from the inside, it also looks quite old and cramped (SSK-like). Of course Han is an OLD design too...


    Are you staking a claim here that CCTV is misleading the public???


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    World's oceans
    Posts
    571
    hmm, now there's the part I didn't get
    You are suggesting this is a Han right? Or are you just denying that? Anyway, CCTV could indeed mislead the public, every stupid tv-station does so. (I btw do not watch television anymore, only for movies during the weekend, and National Geographic).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Severodvinsk
    I btw do not watch television anymore, only for movies during the weekend, and National Geographic).
    As if those aren't misleading programs ... :diablo:

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Colombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    3,694

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Severodvinsk
    Why do I NEVER understand anything of what you're saying????
    Well I got the point when I saw the pictures. It's not impossible, we don't get to see ANY screen or anything that could be classified. Last picture looks quite weird though, it looks like a Romeo... Judging from the inside, it also looks quite old and cramped (SSK-like). Of course Han is an OLD design too...
    Could be the newer ming (035G) too


    Last pic is definitlely not a 091
    Important Hyper Note: I am NOT an Aeronautical Engineer NOR an Aerospace Expert, etc, etc nor do I claim to be one.
    Regards,
    Hyper McStupid

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    World's oceans
    Posts
    571
    Sorry, that's the one I meant. Not too much difference, all old crap :diablo:
    The National Geographic programs are good. I only watch the wreck divers and programs about animals. These are the good ones. I also watch "Friends" sometimes. Although I've seen the entire series on my last trip on the LPG-carrier.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Severodvinsk
    Sorry, that's the one I meant. Not too much difference, all old crap :diablo:
    The National Geographic programs are good. I only watch the wreck divers and programs about animals. These are the good ones. I also watch "Friends" sometimes. Although I've seen the entire series on my last trip on the LPG-carrier.
    As the "old crap" goes, Severodvinsk:
    What seems to be "Up! Y*&^% ?!!! A few Chinese technological
    advancements irratating you somewhere, maybe???

    Haha... If your brain is as big as
    your mouth is, maybe you can present some old crap
    of your own for us all to digest .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    World's oceans
    Posts
    571
    Hmmm, ok then, I don't understand a word of what you're saying AGAIN... Yet I think you asked for some old crap of mine, I'll get you some. Tomorrow...
    I'm not at all annoyed by Chinese inventions, although if you are calling Ming a great achievement I'm not sure what a Zeven Provincien or a Burke Flight IIA would be called, not to name the Sea Wolf SSN...
    But, as you asked, you'll get some real old crap! And I don't even have to pretend to be a spy, I can just walk into the yard and even the ships in there.
    This piece of **** just can beat the hell out of your Ming. (I didn't take that picture though, it's too old for that )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Severodvinsk; 21st October 2004 at 15:32.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    World's oceans
    Posts
    571
    Well, this is what you see, when you carry such a new digital camo scheme suite and are located on a liferaft, just before you get crunched by a frigate:
    Now, this is old crap, a subhunter frigate, without a helicopter and without towed array or VDS I wouldn't want to be on it...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Severodvinsk
    Hmmm, ok then, I don't understand a word of what you're saying AGAIN... Yet I think you asked for some old crap of mine, I'll get you some. Tomorrow...
    I'm not at all annoyed by Chinese inventions, although if you are calling Ming a great achievement I'm not sure what a Zeven Provincien or a Burke Flight IIA would be called, not to name the Sea Wolf SSN...
    But, as you asked, you'll get some real old crap! And I don't even have to pretend to be a spy, I can just walk into the yard and even the ships in there.
    This piece of **** just can beat the hell out of your Ming. (I didn't take that picture though, it's too old for that )


    Nice to see first hand that "someone is being pi**ed to the
    extreme"
    here. Because, "it is when we are pi**ed that our best, or our worst inner self
    breaks to the surface"
    . We become an open book thereafter .


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    World's oceans
    Posts
    571
    So, if I get it right, you just try to p!ss me off to get nice pictures???
    You can always just ask! I'll be glad to send them. I'm not p!ssed off though.
    My Worst Inner self really isn't a ship in dry-dock
    You're the one in the orange boilersuit, I'm the guy in the truck/ for interested people, one of the holds of a bulkcarrier, carrying wood from India to UK and Belgium.
    Second picture, something China really lacks if it wants to kill subs, frigates with hull-mounted Sonars.
    This ship was commented by a US officer as complete junk, yet, he said it was very capable to send after a submarine once that was located. The Hull mounted sonar had a very rapid fire-solution. Yet it has to operate in a fleet, because it can't locate the sub from a very long distance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smHPIM0096.JPG 
Views:	581 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	51543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smHPIM0027.JPG 
Views:	590 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	51544  
    Last edited by Severodvinsk; 23rd October 2004 at 18:21.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102



    So, if I get it right, you just try to
    p!ss me off to get nice pictures??? What??? Me trying to
    p*ss you off? You got to be kiddin'!!!
    You, my friend, are p*ssed all on your own!!! And this displeasure you
    are showing is brough on by the discouragement that is eating you up from the inside out
    over ChiCom progresses whilst your world is a no show in same...

    And, please don't use the excuse you are a pale face Brit or American either
    because people of those nationalistic groups don't find it a neccessity to contradict or downplay
    progress of others
    because, they know full well that they are ahead of the game...

    "Only losers who retorts that ChiCom progresses are a joke find it
    a neccessity to downplay Chinese progress and only those that uses such retorics harbours such
    contempts for Chinese progress and you, friend, definitely fall in that category.

    Sometimes, such states of mentality translates into something known as: "ENVY"!






    .

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by edisonone





    You, my friend, are p*ssed all on your own!!! And this displeasure you
    are showing is brough on by the discouragement that is eating you up from the inside out
    over ChiCom progresses whilst your world is a no show in same...

    And, please don't use the excuse you are a pale face Brit or American either
    because people of those nationalistic groups don't find it a neccessity to contradict or downplay
    progress of others
    because, they know full well that they are ahead of the game...

    "Only losers who retorts that ChiCom progresses are a joke find it
    a neccessity to downplay Chinese progress and only those that uses such retorics harbours such
    contempts for Chinese progress and you, friend, definitely fall in that category.

    Sometimes, such states of mentality translates into something known as: "ENVY"!






    .
    Edisonone, so far the only thing you've given in response to substative remarks is attitude rather argument. Rather a poor response in the book of most people in this forum. If you're intent is to pick a fight, please take your 'problem' (whatever it is) someplace else. Thank you.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanshan
    Edisonone, so far the only thing you've given in response to substative remarks is attitude rather argument. Rather a poor response in the book of most people in this forum. If you're intent is to pick a fight, please take your 'problem' (whatever it is) someplace else. Thank you.



    What???!!! Attitudes??? Me attitudes??????

    Hey Buddy! I suggest for you to reread
    all available posts and try to really figure where these so called
    "attitudes" has its earliest of origines !!!

    Also, I definitely am not picking no fights here. What I am doing, merely,
    is responding to (challenging) smartaleck remaks made by certain groups or parties
    in this site towards contents Chinese!!! I mean is these smartaleck remarts & gestures so hard
    for you to differentiate or pick out from the rest of the maddening crowd???

    And, is it wrong to offer a response to or to offer a challenge
    to "smartaleck remarks and suggestions" made here which I believe are unfair
    and unjust, or even something that I find or feel borders on abuse???

    Sometimes, Wanshan... Oh, how I wish some of the Chinese
    members of this board, "rather than a Canadian", have the balls to stand up for all these
    unjusts and the abussive retorics directed/thrown their way....

    Sad! Really sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Last edited by edisonone; 25th October 2004 at 15:19.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by edisonone
    Hey Buddy! I suggest for you to reread
    all available posts and try to really figure where these so called
    "attitudes" has its earliest of origines !!!
    I did that before my last post and that's why I posted.

    Severodvinsk's reponses were well within the range of the reasonable. Besides, he has given ample evidence of being able to put the joke on himself. And, he is a respected member of this and many other forums, with a good track record in terms of the substance of his posts.

    Also, I definitely am not picking no fights here. What I am doing, merely, is responding to (challenging) smartaleck remaks made by certain groups or parties in this site towards contents Chinese!!! I mean is these smartaleck remarts & gestures so hard for you to differentiate or pick out from the rest of the maddening crowd???
    The idea that China is being picked on in this thread exists only in your mind. Severodvinsk showed russian and belgian 'old crap' as well but I don't see Belgian or Russian forummembers crying about it. Perhaps you are being a bit too sensitive.

    [quote] And, is it wrong to offer a response to or to offer a challenge
    to "smartaleck remarks and suggestions" made here which I believe are unfair and unjust, or even something that I find or feel borders on abuse???[/quyote]

    You should definitely offer a response if you feel some remarks are unfair or unjust. Nonetheless, I don't find your response substantive. Instead of explaining and argumenting you are just yelling something.

    Sometimes, Wanshan... Oh, how I wish some of the Chinese
    members of this board, "rather than a Canadian", have the balls to stand up for all these unjusts and the abussive retorics directed/thrown their way....

    Sad! Really sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I suggest you develop a thicker skin, my friend. That's all I have to say about it for now.

    Peace!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102
    [QUOTE=Wanshan]I did that before my last post and that's why I posted.

    Severodvinsk's reponses were well within the range of the reasonable. Besides, he has given ample evidence of being able to put the joke on himself. And, he is a respected member of this and many other forums, with a good track record in terms of the substance of his posts.



    The idea that China is being picked on in this thread exists only in your mind. Severodvinsk showed russian and belgian 'old crap' as well but I don't see Belgian or Russian forummembers crying about it. Perhaps you are being a bit too sensitive.

    And, is it wrong to offer a response to or to offer a challenge
    to "smartaleck remarks and suggestions" made here which I believe are unfair and unjust, or even something that I find or feel borders on abuse???[/quyote]

    You should definitely offer a response if you feel some remarks are unfair or unjust. Nonetheless, I don't find your response substantive. Instead of explaining and argumenting you are just yelling something.



    I suggest you develop a thicker skin, my friend. That's all I have to say about it for now.

    Peace!



    In your eyes, maybe, Wanshan!

    Incidentally, why didn't you b*tch about the guy who had intentionally included the
    word "ch*naman" in one of his remarks? Why didn't you? Why didn't anyone say anything except this
    beat up Canuck??? Did you maybe find the remark appropriate or even beneignly funny???

    I'm surprised!!! Nio wonder you guys are so easy-pickin's!!!!



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by edisonone
    Incidentally, why didn't you b*tch about the guy who had intentionally included the
    word "ch*naman" in one of his remarks? Why didn't you? Why didn't anyone say anything except this
    beat up Canuck??? Did you maybe find the remark appropriate or even beneignly funny???
    I'm surprised!!! Nio wonder you guys are so easy-pickin's!!!!
    I'm sorry but which post are you referring to? I don't see anyone calling anybody else in this thread the thing you are referring to. I only visit the Naval Forum, what thread did this occur in. Please specify so I can see for myself what you are talking about.

    ...

    Never mind, I searched for and found that post you mentioned in: Modern Military Aviation > Missiles and Munitions Forum (which I hardly ever visit)

    I don't know if WD1 had an idea that he was saying something that might be offensive to people of Chinese descent, or if he intended that, but I will agree with you he didn't need to use that word.

    Nonetheless, it is not clear to me how WD1's remark has any bearing on this thread. Nobody here used any such terms here in this thread. So I don't see how pointing out WD1's remark adds anything to little chat here.
    Last edited by Wanshan; 25th October 2004 at 19:18. Reason: further comment

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    World's oceans
    Posts
    571
    I was already wondering where I used that word...
    And, please don't use the excuse you are a pale face Brit or American either
    because people of those nationalistic groups don't find it a neccessity to contradict or downplay
    progress of others because, they know full well that they are ahead of the game...
    Now, PALE FACED BRIT OR AMERICAN, you think that isn't offensive? I think it is, judging people on colour eh? Don't take this remark too seriously though, I'm not pale faced, nor Brit or American.
    I am also NOT saying Chinese progress is a joke, and I really don't need to envy them. My country, as UK and US doesn't have to fear anything and we really don't need such a technological progress anymore... I hope this is not offensive too you.
    All I wanted to point out was, that a) I didn't really get your first post, you mentioned Han etc... and b) that Ming is, whatever you state, still a 60's or 70's technology based submarine and even with a better sonar and better armament, still a piece of old "junk". That' the short version of my previous posts, all the rest was just meant to play around a bit (also started by misinterpretation of your posts). The Bulk Carrier picture was just to make some publicity for my business, because it simply is quite unknown to the "world" aka Landlubbers. It was certainly not meant as an offense to you (which I think I made clear in that post too) nor to China.

    Wanshan (G?), thanks for playing my advocate in my absense!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,929
    Dō ita s h i m a s h i t a! Ja mata, Severodvinsk sama.

    (excuse the weird typing. this forum won't allow parts of words in another language that happen to form a cuss-word in English!!!)
    Last edited by Wanshan; 25th October 2004 at 22:23.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Futurama...beats a hard kick in the face.
    Posts
    3,401
    Chill out guys.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanshan
    I don't know if WD1 had an idea that he was saying something that might be offensive to people of Chinese descent, or if he intended that, but I will agree with you he didn't need to use that word





  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by edisonone




    There are derogatory words for people from most nations (e.g. we can call the french frogs, the americans yanks, the dutch cheeseheads, the brits limeys etc etc) but whether or not the use of such a word is "all right" or "funny" depends on who says it to whom, in what context and with what intent.
    Last edited by Wanshan; 26th October 2004 at 09:34.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanshan
    There are derogatory words for people from most nations (e.g. we can call the french frogs, the americans yanks, the dutch cheeseheads, the brits limeys etc etc) but whether or not the use of such a word is "all right" or "funny" depends on who says it to whom, in what context and with what intent.
    .





    .

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,929
    .... mmm, looks like I've been speaking French again and not noticing.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,407
    Hey Serv,

    its better not to get into this Canada China trade war ...... edison have got very bitter feeling with China ....and obviously very enny for what China is now and how she is progressing ........now would we be able to see some new buckets which had some mishap in the noth atlantic .... after 2-3 years of super-duper restoration and stat-of-the-art goodies ..as it has to be said when saying things abt the developed members

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanshan
    There are derogatory words for people from most nations (e.g. we can call the french frogs, the americans yanks, the dutch cheeseheads, the brits limeys etc etc) but whether or not the use of such a word is "all right" or "funny" depends on who says it to whom, in what context and with what intent.
    Yanks is not a derogatory word and Americans call themselves that. There really isn't a slur for people from an all-conquering superpower.

    Now, what really surprises me about this thread is that Sev and you were actually able to decipher enough of Edisonone's "english" to realize two dozen replies.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDragon
    Yanks is not a derogatory word and Americans call themselves that. There really isn't a slur for people from an all-conquering superpower.
    Ever been down south, like Alabama? Not a smart thing to call people there yanks (civil war stuff). Actually 'yanks' is short for 'yankees', which stems from 'jan kees', which is a typicaly Dutch first name. Its what the french in the America's called the Dutch that settled there. 'Nuf said.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,102
    .



    Now, PALE FACED BRIT OR AMERICAN, you think that
    isn't offensive? I think it is, judging people on colour eh? Don't take this remark too
    seriously though, I'm not pale faced, nor Brit or American.
    I've lived in the North American continent practically all my life and, by my understanding,
    the terms "Pale Face", "Gringo", "Yankee", etc., is a term popularly "employed and treated
    as an honor"
    by the Caucasian populace to designate people of their own stock, and...

    ...it sure as the heck isn't "employed" or used in the same
    context and/or with the same gesture as the words or nouns as Nigger, Japs, Chink/Chinaman,
    Sing/Hindu, Red Skin, Jew, Nazi, Frenchman, etc., etc.!!!

    As such, if you are not of the upper category (Pale faces), what then or which then
    of the latter groups of names would you like to addressed as, Sev??? I mean you have to fall
    in one of the latter groups if you are not a "pale face Lone Ranger" community???


    I am also NOT saying Chinese progress is a joke
    Actually, what or how you think don't really matter! It just don't bother me
    either way -- not even if you did think negatively of it. However, the smart-a**ed way
    "some here" likes to think they are making of the topic is pathetic!


    and I really don't need to envy... My country, as UK and US
    I make the claim here that I am a goose from the Canadian north, Sev.
    And that I am. But, somehow, I seem hardly to have much to say, if anything, about things Canadian. Nothing! Zilch!
    Hardly anything at all!!! Get the drift, Sev??? See the picture I am seeing???

    For example: Doctor Gupta of CNN is said or deemed an
    American. But, I don't see him as such. And deep in, I doubt if he himself would
    first and foremost count himself as one either. Comprended???


    All I wanted to point out was, that a) I didn't really get
    your first post, you mentioned Han etc... and b) that Ming is, whatever
    you state, still a 60's or 70's technology based submarine and even with a
    better sonar and better armament, still a piece of old "junk".
    As I said, Sev: I dare you come up with your very own junks and/or
    your very own rusty buckets first, even if it's 60's and 70's junks and buckets !!!
    If otherwise, you are not qualify or are in any position to judge. Period.

    For example: For those who made the remark
    that Shenzhou-5 is a joke: You try to become that joke firstly yourselves!!!
    If otherwise -- the joke you make is on yourselves.

    And that, my friend, spells "ENVY!"


    .

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    4,561
    I dont know how on topic that was Wanshan but damn its amazing what you can learn on the internet!. Never knew that was the derivation of 'yanks'. Outstanding - my cap is well and truly doffed to you sir!.

    Also I'd like to add my compliments to Golden Dragons for yours and Sevs dedication to the honourable art of codebreaking!.

    Edison,

    Usually I hate to resort to flippancy but, in light of what you wrote above, I feel this is an exceptional case. Please click on this link.

    http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...tion%20complex

    Perhaps it may help you comprehend how you portray yourself to others.
    Last edited by Jonesy; 27th October 2004 at 01:45.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

- Part of the    Network -

KEY AERO AVIATION NEWS

MAGAZINES

AVIATION FORUM

SHOP

 

WEBSITES