Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flybe and the A319.

Flybe and the A319.

There are rumors of flybe. announcing an A319 purchase/lease, at the Farnbrough Airshow next month.

Seems a little sooner than expected, but would be good as the 146s can't be good for passenger comfort on the flights down to Spain.

http://www.btinternet.com/~C.C.Evans...x-air_news.htm

Fantastic news! These will be welcomed with open arms at SOU I'm sure

The 146 is great! I love it anyway. Don't want BE to get rid of the that soon!
    Regards, Elgan

I remember hearing a few months ago that flybe are analysing the A319 and other regional jets (EMB 170?) to replace the 146s.
    Regards

Pablo

Will be sad when they go, they are such attractive jets.

Apparently the 737NG is under evaluation too. Who knows what will happen, we will have to just wait and see

I wonder if they will make the pilots pay for an airbus type rating like they did to the CRJ pilots when they were forced on to the Q400...

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    I remember hearing a few months ago that flybe are analysing the A319 and other regional jets (EMB 170?) to replace the 146s.
    Yeah, perhaps they have made their minds up already and are going for the airbus. Would they be able to make a descison this quickly though?

Personally I would love to see the A318 in flybe colours
    Regards

Pablo

Perhaps this could lead to more charter services?

Quote Originally Posted by bmi-star
    The 146 is great! I love it anyway. Don't want BE to get rid of the that soon!
    I love the 146 too but Flybe shouldn't have a 3-3 config on those aircraft. Bloody ouch! Took me about an hour to get my legs to talk to me after a short flight LGW/JER. And then can you imagine the job I had talking them into going back on the same aircraft on the return sector on the same day?? Man, were they miffed!!
    [SIZE=1]Fly ZB - www.flymonarch.com
    AGP-ABZ/BLK
    BHX-ACE/AGP/ALC/FAO/IBZ/LEI/MAH/MJV/PMI/TFS
    LGW-ACE/AGP/ALC/FAO/GRX/LIS/TFS
    LTN-ACE/AGP/ALC/FAO/GIB/IBZ/LEI/LPA/PMI/MAH/TFS
    MAN-ACE/AGP/ALC/BCN/FAO/LEI/MAH/PMI/TFS/XRY

This is excellent for the 'Scottish expansion' that they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Duesseldwarf
    I love the 146 too but Flybe shouldn't have a 3-3 config on those aircraft. Bloody ouch! Took me about an hour to get my legs to talk to me after a short flight LGW/JER. And then can you imagine the job I had talking them into going back on the same aircraft on the return sector on the same day?? Man, were they miffed!!
    and they aren't the longest of legs either
    Bmused55

Keep thy airspeed up, less the earth come from below and smite thee.

My Blog
    My Designs

I went to Malaga from SOU last year - did not find the leg room particularly bad (no I am not vertically challenged )

they need a bigger aircrafs e.g 737ng or a319 as they have got the customers they have got the routes and they could expand through europe also as the bae146 is not good for going to spain or prague ect on lgw - jer its ok as its only 40 min but over 2hrs its bad

That will be great, u can guarntee seeing enough flybe aircraft at BHX, any bigger aircraft would look great in Flybe colours.

May 09
    NW781 - LHR-DTW - B767-400
    NW427 - DTW-DCA - A319-100
    NW205 - DCA-MSP - B757-200
    NW104 - MSP-LHR - A330-200

Hope they do get the A319s, but a wingletted 737 would also look excellent.

Didn't someone once post a photoshop of these 2 a/c a while ago?

they did say they wanted to fly from GLA to Spain and France and they currently dont have the A/C to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GLAsgow
    they did say they wanted to fly from GLA to Spain and France and they currently dont have the A/C to do that.
    No they didn't..why would they compete against the over-capacity charter operations there.?

ermm yes they did if you would read the offical press info, but then again you are just a bitter EDI spoter

GLAsgow, i'm sure i'm not the only one on this forum that is sick and tired of your constant starting of GLA vs EDI threads. Are you ever actually going to contribute something useful to this forum?

flybe's comments re Scotland (latest version )

One million passengers for Scotland

FlyBE. Managing Director, Jim French, is set to announce flyBE.’s intention to become a major force in Scottish aviation. An ambitious programme of new routes announced in Edinburgh today (19 February 2004), will see flyBE. carry over one million passengers to and from Scotland in the coming year.

The announcement of a raft of new routes will double the company’s capacity from Scotland and confirms flyBE.’s commitment to building its profile as one of Scotland’s biggest business and leisure carriers.

From today, flyBE. will offer 1.4 million seats a year (30,000 seats a week) from Scottish airports, Glasgow and Edinburgh, compared with 600,000 seats offered in 2003. The seats will be offered across eight routes, five more than the three currently offered.

From 1 March, flyBE. will offer a new route from Edinburgh to Belfast for as little as £15, with tickets going on sale on www.flyBE.com from Monday 23 Feb for an introductory £9.99 return offer for one week only. A route from Glasgow to Belfast will be added from 28 March.

From 28 March routes from Exeter to Edinburgh and from Exeter to Glasgow will be added to flyBE.’s existing schedule and from September a route from Southampton to Glasgow will supplement an existing Southampton to Edinburgh route.

The new routes will see the number of flights offered by flyBE. increase by over 100% to 364 flights per week, enabling the company to mount a serious challenge to become the third biggest low cost carrier in Scotland.

The new routes announcement today follows flyBE.’s most successful year to date in Scotland, with passenger figures up by 50% over the last twelve months.

Jim French, Managing Director, flyBE., commented: ‘We have big plans in Scotland. Contrary to BA’s constantly cutting routes and retrenching back to Heathrow, flyBE. are expanding in the regions bringing flights to your door step.

‘Today is a significant step but it’s only the first step. With Scotland now firmly integrated into flyBE.’s growing network we’re going to be looking at adding more routes and more capacity over time and increased competition in the Scottish marketplace can only be good news for Scottish travellers.’
    Regards

Pablo

You're certainly not alone LBARULES.
    GLAsgow, you are needless, neither you nor anyone esle can justify why you must try and start another bickering session.
    Flybe said 'Scottish' expansion-thanks for the evidence Pablo - which means GLA AND EDI plus PIK and ABZ etc. but I doubt they will feature in the expansion. Bring on the A319s!

ermm yes they did if you would read the offical press info, but then again you are just a bitter EDI spoter
    Here we go again..how many aliases have you used now?

Someone on pprune mentioned something about a record...

Drummed out of god knows how many forums and usenet groups...

Quote Originally Posted by LBARULES
    GLAsgow, i'm sure i'm not the only one on this forum that is sick and tired of your constant starting of GLA vs EDI threads. Are you ever actually going to contribute something useful to this forum?
    Well noticed LBA... ramming down our throats when he's not bickering.

Seems he has to be force-feed in order to attract
    attention...

I might appear a tad biased but I have suffered the force-feeding for the last five years..

As far as I can see Silver, you've added alot to this forum since you have joined, actually backing up your points about EDI and posting some tremendous pictures.

Where in that press release did it say FlyBe wanted to fly from GLA to Spain and France?

Quote Originally Posted by LBARULES
    Where in that press release did it say FlyBe wanted to fly from GLA to Spain and France?
    It doesn't - it just says that flyBE plan to expand in Scotland. It would be unusual for an airline to publish its future route plans in detail in a press release.
    Regards

Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    It doesn't - it just says that flyBE plan to expand in Scotland. It would be unusual for an airline to publish its future route plans in detail in a press release.
    They've already expanded in Scotland in a regional routing sense, any future routes in a continental expansion are pure speculation at this moment in time.
    Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat !

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Frew
    They've already expanded in Scotland in a regional routing sense, any future routes in a continental expansion are pure speculation at this moment in time.
    Flybe seem content to channel pax through their Southern hubs.

No International routes from Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Snapper
    Flybe seem content to channel pax through their Southern hubs.

No International routes from Scotland?
    Except for their winter ski charters, I'd say so.

Thread Information