Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: P-51 "Marinell" in Italy

P-51 "Marinell" in Italy

I remember it was around this time last year that it was reported that the P-51D "Marinell" had been sold to an individual in Italy, by the name of Carlo Coltri. I hadn't heard/seen much on this front since then, however. Just within the past few weeks, though, I've seen some photos and video of the aircraft pop up all of a sudden, now based at the La Spreta Airport in Ravenna, Italy. I figured I'd make this post if anyone would be interested to know/update their spreadsheets on warbird whereabouts. ; )

Photo by Gianluca Minciarelli, via the La Spreta airport Facebook page.

Some photos following the delivery flight, judging by the exhaust staining (pilot appears to have probably been Rob Davies). Photos by Claudio Toselli.

Although Mustangs are not my absolute favourite, I am glad it isnt that far away in the grand scheme of things. That brings me on to say, how is Maurice lately?
    Hertfordshire Airfields Memorial Group
    http://hamg.co.uk

Hunsdon, Sawbridgeworth and Matching Green airfields..
    http://www.wartime-airfields.com

My understanding is that Marinell (N383FJ) is based on a grass strip near Lake Garda with the rest of the new owners collection. She has been there since October.
    Nice to see her out and about.

I'm gutted I never saw her fly over here!
    I to would like to have an update on Maurice,he always put on a fantastic display!

Thread Information