Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: First visit to LAHC East Kirkby

First visit to LAHC East Kirkby

Last minute decision to go to East Kirkby today. As we got out of the car we could here the tannoy announcing the imminent starting of Just Jane's engines for the first taxi run of the day. What good timing!

I have to say, having no preconceptions about what it would be like, we were blown away by the friendly welcome and incredible amount of well presented history and artifacts spread throughout the many Nissen huts and hangar. I appreciate that this may well be a case of me coming very late to the party, but I cannot recommend it enough to anybody who has yet to go. It was worth the near 3hr round trip, and we made it back in time to collect our daughter from school too!

Next time we'll stay longer, it deserves it. Oh, and very useful to see their MkV Spitfire as reference for our build.

Last edited by AviationArtist; 15th July 2017 at 19:38.
    Aviation Artist

Hi All,
    AviationArtist - Any progress with the hampden or did you not get to view it ?

Geoff.

Thank you for visiting and giving your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed your time with us!

My work here is done
    Last edited by Moggy C; 15th July 2017 at 23:14.

Is that an eye test from SpecSavers? :-)
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

Hello Geoff,

We popped in briefly, not sure what it was like before so can't really comment on progress, but it did look like a workshop being used.

NX611, my pleasure, thank you to everyone there for all the work that goes in to making it such an interesting and good venue.
    Aviation Artist

Thread Information