Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that Photobucket isn't allowing you to link your pictures to third party websites, unless you want to pay them
    a great deal of money, I looked for another way to link pictures for free.
    I know a lot of people use Flickr, and other sites, but I didn't want to set up another account.
    This one seems to work very well: https://postimages.org/
    Are your images safe copyright wise ? I don't know, or really care to be honest. I don't get precious over the pictures I take.

Test post :

Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

In nubibus & Royal Military Academy Sandhurst
    Cheers for the heads up on that Alan. Looks like its time to move on from there then.
    Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.

http://planemadanna.blogspot.co.uk/

The first quality needed is audacity

I shall still use Photobucket to host pictures, as it's handy to be able to inflict slideshows (or stories) on friends.
    Rather than sending big emails.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

In nubibus & Royal Military Academy Sandhurst
    It drives me mad all the pop up adds! seems to have got worse lately. I certainly would not pay to use it. Plenty more sites out there.
    Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.

http://planemadanna.blogspot.co.uk/

The first quality needed is audacity

I'm a flickr user and all it requires is a yahoo email addy.... I gave up with photobucket ages ago and cancelled my paid account when this happened.

Alan you SHOULD worry about people stealing your images and using them, you can join this for free ( I am a member ) and it protects your images, they will prosecute any company ripping off your images and a guy on the EOS forum got several hundred pounds for one of his, it is easy to use, you just link your photobucket / flickr/ whatever account to it then it runs a check.. they do get lots of people joining so it can take a week or so before you get accepted...

https://pixsy.com/
    Last edited by TonyT; 5th July 2017 at 11:01.

Maybe Tony, but I don't really consider any of the pictures I take, to be of the quality anyone would want to publish.
    If anyone does want any they just have to ask, and all I ask for is an acknowledgement. As has just happened with
    a couple of Catalina pictures I took recently. I don't upload all of my pictures to Photobucket anyway. Thanks for advice though

Mods: I have only just noticed there is already a thread on this subject, feel free to merge

Alan in an ideal world everything would be rosy and people would act decently, unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world and everyone do not hold the values that you and I do.
    I found one of my shots for sale on Shutterstock by some American "photographer" stunned was the word, but worse than that he had thousands of images for sale, and he must have been the most travelled guy in the world, he had images from the USA, Canada, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and even the poles!!! Worse than that my image actually had my deliberately feint copyright still on the bottom of it and the metadata also had my copyright in it. I emailed Shutterstock and they investigated resulting in all of his images being removed... It is theft plain and simple as he was earning monies off the stolen images that others had produced. You say your images are not good enough, but trust me that Tiffie you posted is a cracking image, don't do yourself down, your work is very good.

As for joining the threads I would leave this here where those photographers can see it.

Point taken Tony, thanks.

P.S.....It's a Rafale

Oooh it's French, in that case it'll never sell

Alan,
    I made the mistake of posting a photo of my car with "snow socks" on it on a forum (it might have been here). Didn't think anything of it until a Google search revealed it being used by Axa Insurance (Ireland) on their corporate website as well as by a Irish car accessory company.
    They'd basically stolen the image (which was hosted on my PBase gallery) and used it. I consulted with a friend who was a lawyer and sent them a cease and desist letter along with an invoice for their use of my image. I didn't expect payment but they removed the image within a week of them receiving the C&D letter.
    Never assume an image is not worth protecting as there are some out there with no scruples...
    Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

The link I posted would have sued them and you would have been paid for the image. I posted an image on Pprune in a thread about a plane accident, there was a debate about where it impacted and flying in the following days I took some shots of the impact site .... I was stunned when a mate informed me my image was on a 1/2 page spread in a newspaper starting with S and finishing with N, the website lawyers got onto it and we split the resulting payment 50 / 50 switch the site.

It wouldn't surprise me if some lowlife sold it to them Bob.
    Last edited by TonyT; 8th July 2017 at 23:29.

Anyone going to Old Warden on 04 August?

I tried to upload some images to PB on Sunday, and it wouldn't let me. I have now reluctantly switched to Flickr.

Thread Information