Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Photobucket and the change in terms NO 3rd party linking.

Photobucket and the change in terms NO 3rd party linking.

Well I have looked but I cannot find a thread on the subject, Photobucket have changed their terms, so no third party linking of images to any sites unless you pay for their top $399 a year service... and lets face it, what is the point in storing pictures on line if you cannot link them, the other enhanced pay services under the top one are also blocked from linking too.

I had an account with a 20GB limited and have contacted them to close it. I hope the world over everyone does, because if they don't you can bet other companies are looking to see the fall out and any loss of revenues that Photobucket incurs before following suit.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/ph...hosted-images/

If you have any images on there site and published elsewhere or on here, you will find they have gone and are replaced with a no 3rd party linking logo, though your images are still on Photobucket.

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
    Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
    Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
    Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).
    Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
    o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4obUFYq6p

Thanks for raising this Tony. I had intended to do so this morning, but life got in the way.

It looks like a deliberate suicide attempt to me. Thy may be a victim of their own success.

Does anybody have recommendations for other photo sharing sites please?

Is this for everyone?
    I'm still seeing my photobucket images on forums?

It will be, yes. Apparently it is being rolled out.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I've tried this way of uploading photos, and it seems to work very well.
    For uploading images from your computer, rather than from a hosting website.

https://postimages.org/
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

When I last tried - yesterday, I think - one could still do this with flickr.

Flickr is fine, it is just photobucket.

For now yes. The thinking is that Flickr might go down the same route.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

I've ditched Photobucket in favour of Flickr Pro.
    Flickr pro gives you the ability to link images.
    I'm paying about £4 a month for the privilege.

I stopped using photobucket ages ago even though I had a small paid account, I went over to Flickr. It is a really poor bloatware riddled with damned advertising, I moved over to the paid service to lose that, but was still bombarded with sh*te offering me prints and various detritus they offer which I didn't want nor need, I signed up for a photo storage service, not a book / cup / print store.

I cancelled my account and payment upon the changes even though I have a year to run, (bi annual account ) I posted elsewhere that everyone needs to cancel and close their accounts, because to be honest if people sign up to this online piracy then photobucket will see no effect to their revenue streams, and you can bet other online services are watching it closely, if they see it working you can bet they will follow suit.
    I would imagine that some of the smaller companies will be struggling as they will have an influx of ex photobucket users eating into their bandwidth.
    In the meantime this change has started to devastate various websites as their image stocks have dissapeared overnight, and it will get worse as they start to roll it out to some of the paid accounts.

Thread Information