Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: TAI TF-X program

TAI TF-X program

I thought the TF-X now deserves its own thread like the KF-X,Pak-Fa, Dassault Mirage, Saab Gripen etc as it is now a mature program.

A great British Article on the TF-X which gives us valuable insight into the program: https://www.aerosociety.com/news/tur...ary-aerospace/

Last edited by Bayar; 10th May 2017 at 02:10.

UPDATES ON ENGINE:

GE Aviation was offering ToT for the F414-GE-400 and Eurojet was offering ToT for an improved version of the EJ-200 engine. However, Rolls-Royce & Kale Group of Turkey have created a JV for an entirely new engine which is set to win the TF-X engine development tender. The R-R/Kale JV offers Turkey full control over IP and Third-party sales.

Rolls-Royce and Kale Group create defence aero engine joint venture
    Monday, 8 May 2017
    https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/pr...t-venture.aspx

Rolls-Royce and Kale Group, a major partner in global and national defence and aerospace industries, have announced the formation of a joint venture company to target aero engine opportunities in Turkey.

Kale Group will own 51 per cent and Rolls-Royce 49 per cent of the joint venture, which aims to develop aircraft engines for Turkey, initially targeting the TF-X National Fighter Jet Project. The agreement was signed at a ceremony in Istanbul today attended by Osman Okyay, Deputy CEO of Kale Group and Chris Cholerton, Rolls-Royce, President - Defence Aerospace.

Osman Okyay said: “Today we are very pleased and proud to be uniting our energy with one of the biggest jet engine makers of the world. This partnership is a milestone in the development of the aerospace and defence industries of Turkey.”

Chris Cholerton said: “We are delighted to announce this new Joint Venture and to have the opportunity to work together with Kale to develop the national engine for TF-X.”

Kale Group is the contractor for the Turbojet engine development project, a milestone in Turkey’s aim to produce domestic aircraft engines.
    The establishment of the joint venture is subject to the usual legal approvals.

About Kale Group
    Celebrating its 60th anniversary this year, Kale Group ranks among the largest industrial conglomerates in Turkey. Today, Kale Group owns 17 companies with more than 5,000 employees and US$1 billion annual sales.

Kale Group entered the defence and aerospace industry in 1987 and is a tier one supplier for many global defence and aerospace companies - including Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Airbus - and is a leading supplier to many important international programmes, including the Joint Strike Fighter (F-35) project.

Kale is a major partner in Turkey’s defence and aerospace industries, participating in Turkey’s first National Infantry Rifle and Turbojet engine.
    About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc

Rolls-Royce’s vision is to be the market-leader in high performance power systems where our engineering expertise, global reach and deep industry knowledge deliver outstanding customer relationships and solutions. We operate across five businesses: Civil Aerospace, Defence Aerospace, Marine, Nuclear and Power Systems.

Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.

We have three common themes across all our businesses:

Investing in and developing engineering excellence
    Driving a manufacturing and supply chain transformation which will embed operational excellence in lean, lower-cost facilities and processes
    Leveraging our installed base, product knowledge and engineering capabilities to provide customers with outstanding service through which we can capture aftermarket value long into the future.

Annual underlying revenue was £13.8 billion in 2016, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services. The firm and announced order book stood at £80 billion at the end of 2016.

In 2016, Rolls-Royce invested £1.3 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 31 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.

Rolls-Royce employs almost 50,000 people in 50 countries. More than 16,500 of these are engineers.

The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills. In 2016 we recruited 274 graduates and 327 apprentices through our worldwide training programmes.

YAYY

You made a new thread again!

You didn't disappoint!!

it now 100% looks like this

I figured why should I be deterred when every other aircraft program has an independent thread of its own on here and not the TF-X. The mods seem to shut-down TF-X related threads and then private message forum users asking them to purchase "advertising" from the forum instead! I wonder if this is happening to users that start threads on the KF-X and other programs. Alot of weird things are occuring on the forum of late. Some posts are going missings others are receiving weird PM's etc

P.S. It is immaterial what it looks like aerodynamically. What matters is whats inside. And none of the Asian equivalents are even close to the next generation systems offered by BaE Systems and TAI in the TF-X...e.g. swarm micro kamikazi UAV's, RF Decoys, true network centricity, next-gen new Western engines etc

The TF-X is looking more like Europe's F-22 equivalent as the days go by. A lot of BaE's Replica program technology is being incorporated in the TF-X.

If we remove the fact that the TF-X is a Turkish program- it looks like a promising combat aircraft program by BaE systems and Rolls-Royce.
    Last edited by Bayar; 10th May 2017 at 02:08.

Bayar
    I figured why should I be deterred when every other aircraft program has an independent thread of its own on here and not the TF-X. The mods seem to shut-down TF-X related threads and then private message forum users asking them to purchase "advertising" from the forum instead! I wonder if this is happening to users that start threads on the KF-X and other programs. Alot of weird things are occuring on the forum of late. Some posts are going missings others are receiving weird PM's etc
    well, there's like 4-5 Russian versions of you, so that's why they can force the forum to have a unique pak-fa thread.

P.S. It is immaterial what it looks like aerodynamically. What matters is whats inside. And none of the Asian equivalents are even close to the next generation systems offered by BaE Systems and TAI in the TF-X...e.g. swarm micro kamikazi UAV's, RF Decoys, true network centricity, next-gen new Western engines etc
    the Asian equivalent, FC-31, is already flying and built. your tfx can't decide which CG it wants to use.
    But they seem to have trouble with AESA radars. Maybe Turkey can sell China AESA radars for their jets.

The TF-X is looking more like Europe's F-22 equivalent as the days go by. A lot of BaE's Replica program technology is being incorporated in the TF-X.

If we remove the fact that the TF-X is a Turkish program- it looks like a promising combat aircraft program by BaE systems and Rolls-Royce.
    Replica is related to JSF (aka F-35) not F-22.
    Turkey is not European. most of it is in the middle east. the people are culturally as the middle east. you can say Middle east's first stealth aircraft.. but the Iranians may disagree

**removed by moderator**
    Last edited by frankvw; 10th May 2017 at 08:25.

you should totally warn the moderators about this thread. go down to the bottom left corner and press the ! button!

btw you haven't explained why the TFX is more advanced than Asian fighters, which by the way, are actually flying.

btw you haven't explained why the TFX is more advanced than Asian fighters, which by the way, are actually flying.
    I did but you chose to ignore it.

The TF-X is a partnership between Defence Giants: BaE System of the United Kingdom, Rolls-Royce of the United Kingdom, Turkish Aerospace Industries and Kale Group.

Do I need to go into the track record of BaE Systems and Rolls-Royce? Do I need to explain how much advanced NATO STAGNAGS are over Asian design standards?

Rolls-Royce forms joint venture with Turkey's Kale Group to produce TF-X engines
    http://www.janes.com/article/70204/r...e-tf-x-engines

Lale Sariibrahimoglu, Ankara - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
    09 May 2017

On 8 May the UK's Rolls-Royce and Turkey's Kale Group announced the formation of a joint venture (JV) to develop aero engines, including the powerplant for Turkey's planned Turkish Fighter Experimental (TF-X) fifth-generation fighter project. Kale Group will own 51% and Rolls-Royce 49% of the JV, which will be named TAEC Uçak Motor Sanayi AS and will target aero-engine opportunities in Turkey.

"Turkey's first TF-X aircraft is planned to fly by 2023. Through our [JV], we predict that we will develop the first products up to this date and start serial engine production by 2030, if we are selected to produce the engine within the framework of this project," said Kale Group vice-president Osman Okyay, speaking at the JV's signing ceremony.
    And its official. Turkey will now have turbo-fan engine technology not just for the TF-X but for civilian aviation.

so where's the planes with Bae stuff inside them?

Coming soon to a city near you :-)

Who knows you might fly in one to visit Turkey and its bars!

i'll fly in my fc-31, with its latest Russian engine technology
    not sure if I can land in Turkey, now that the US controls its borders.

Bayar,

I'll let the thread stay one the plane is actually flying.

In the meantime, this thread is locked, and will be deleted.

You were warned.

As for the strange PMs and disappearing threads, you can blame a hacker, but those threads should be back now. If you have one missing, PM me.
    Regards,

Frank

Thread Information