Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Plane crash USA on Dashcam

Plane crash USA on Dashcam

Lucky that there was no fatalities.

fortunate
    Aviation is My Passion. Aviation is My Dream. Aviation is What I Write. You can read my blogs here

Interesting how the right wing fuel tanks erupt in a flash fire after hitting th r wires and sign...the (seemingly little) fuel left thus expends itself before the aircraft hits the ground thus preventing a post-ground impact fire....which may have caused a very tragic outcome.
    There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Especially as the cockpit door is on that side, though the six does have one at the rear on the other, it's not easy to get to from the cockpit as you have to collapse and go over the seats.

Extremely lucky folk. The left tank didn't catch fire. The fact that many of the Cherokee series which I have flown only have one door is always in the back of my mind. Something to consider if in a forced landing situation as it might nose-over on rough ground, make sure that the fuel, mixture, mags, battery are off well before impact and open the door.
    http://forum.keypublishing.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24455&dateline=137163  6822Hindsight is what you see from the tailgunner's position...

Thread Information