Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rafale 2017-2

Rafale 2017-2

Seems that Rafale thread disappeared...

So starting a new one. with an eastern egg

New Rafale demo has just been qualified yesterday. Here is the teaser, from inside. Lots of roll it appears.

https://www.facebook.com/17038555765...6007148322770/

Seems that Rafale thread disappeared...
    Active cancellation.

At last a proof of its existence

Don't worry. You still have many years to rant

Now it's generated a false return.

Halloweene (or Kovy or somebody else) would you mind reposting the info on the plans for the F3R+/F4?

The previous thread was a good reference...

Don't worry. You still have many years to rant
    To rant:
    synonyms: fulminate, go on, hold forth, vociferate, sound off, spout, pontificate, bluster, declaim
    You get the picture I guess.

Possible new rafale order from India in 2018 according to Dassault CEO (currently under negotiation).

http://www.ouest-france.fr/monde/ind...n-inde-4991110

Trappier is just refering to the RFI issued by the Indian Navy earlier this year. Nothing really new.
    The Rafale international forum :
    http://rafale.freeforums.org/

Rafale news blog :
    http://rafalenews.blogspot.com/

There is some concern about roll stability with high loads during landing for the navy role, according to a contact in the Indian Navy.

Calling "contact" someone talking on forums is a bit hazardous. however, he is really a former IN pilot and promoting his own design...

Yes, he is a former IN pilot up until very recently. I'm not sure whether he has actually left the IN yet but I don't think it's unreasonable to call him an IN contact and I wasn't aware he was promoting any other design.

No prob. He is leader of a small air company also btw. He left some years ago but still has good contacts. He is the man behind LSA.

I think he is correct though, in that the French Navy has imposed lower operational load limits on Rafale Ms than on Rafale B/Cs.

So there is no concern to have if this is a point known for 15 years and already addressed.
    The Rafale international forum :
    http://rafale.freeforums.org/

Rafale news blog :
    http://rafalenews.blogspot.com/

It's an issue that still exists, which may or may not be okay depending on a customer's requirements.

The real point is asymetric very heavy loading (eg. One SCALP on one side) to land. (that is why M only use one sczlp /exocet). This issue exist more or less for any maritime aircraft.

But wasn't it a case that the Rafale was design to roll very easily, with the down side being reduced roll stability.

i you could link me (here or via pm) vstol comments...
    And yes roll rate is very high. More important is the time to bank. (and to unbank).

The new sceme of Rafale demo 2017

Rafale for Peru? doubtful, but...

https://es.dfns.net/2017/06/07/es-el...erea-del-peru/

France's Dassault to bring in largest defence FDI via Rafale JV with Reliance Defence

NEW DELHI: The largest defence sector foreign direct investment (FDI) is coming soon via French aircraft manufacturer Dassault.

The investment is part of Dassault’s obligations on Make in India commitments under the Rafale fighter jet deal. These commitments require the French company to manufacture a significant part of the aircraft in India.

The investment, intended for manufacturing of aircraft components for global markets, will come into the Dassault-Reliance Aerospace Limited (DRAL) joint venture set up to meet offset obligations for the Rs 58,000-crore deal. The first tranche of FDI, around Rs 200 crore, is likely to come in by July.

“Dassault will emerge as a single largest FDI investor in the defence sector. It will far exceed all FDI till date in the defence sector in India. The cumulative FDI in the defence sector in India till date is of the order of $6 million,” Rajesh K Dhingra, president, Reliance Defence & Aerospace, told ET.

The JV will be used for creating infrastructure at the Mihan (Nagpur) facility, with a ground breaking ceremony planned for the end of July. Teams from the French company have visited the site at least four times in the past three months to finalise project plans. “Groundbreaking is planned in July and we expect the first article to roll out in the first quarter of 2018. Currently, first batch of our team is undergoing training at Dassault facilities in France,” Dhingra added.

Government clearances would not be required for the inflow as it will be under the automatic route for FDI given that Reliance Defence holds 51% of the JV.

Reliance Defence is bullish on the aviation and naval sectors and is targeting potential contracts worth over `2 lakh crore that are expected to come up for bidding in the next 24 months. This includes new submarines and amphibious ships for the navy, over 260 single and twin-engine fighters and a variety of helicopters needed by the three armed forces.

The plan is to set up a 100-acre facility that will integrate a supply chain for the Rafale fighter jet in India. DRAL has announced that the first phase of the project will generate more than 700 highly-skilled direct jobs and 2,800 indirect jobs.
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/59060183.cms

They seem pretty confident to clinch new deals with the rafale apparently...

Last edited by halloweene; 19th June 2017 at 21:54.

That's why I use imgur
    "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Very itersting image, makes me crazy...

Still can't see anything and both links are broken
    "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

sorry about that. It is a compilation of F3R and F4 stds. As soon as i have time i'll do it. There was a recent vey interesting interview of program head at DGA. F4 is a beast. It is not broken link, it is protected by tweeter.

Looking forward to it; thanks H!

Thread Information