Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Diane Abbot LOL

Diane Abbot LOL

I listened to this live this morning. It reminded me of Natalie Bennett's similar car crash on LBC a few years back. I'm no fan of Ferrari, but he is good and terrier-like when he smells an inconsistency.

I've said it here before, but I have no love for Abbot either. She shouldn't be getting unstuck like this, over fairly basic policy and mathematics. I was very unimpressed with her blabbering, especially combined with the huffy, dismissive attitude. She wasn't prepared, basically.

The main issue wasn't even that she didn't know the figures, she could have just said "I don't have the figures yet, they'll be in the manifesto", and she would have got away unscathed. It was her cringeworthy attempt to lie and BS her way out of it which is the issue, which adds to the the perception that Labour are economically incompetent.

This is the last thing they needed, after McDonnells massive blunder the other day: http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/02/the-pi...o-see-6609968/

All they need now is for Thornberry to pipe up against flag waving again to complete the set.

Re #2

It's obvious that the fragrant Diane has been well coached by Jeremy.

I learned years ago that if you don't know the answer then say so, take it away and get back to people, far better than making it up and looking an idiot.

Incompetent leadership by JC and DA here. A very unattractive option.

Fail at honesty and fail at maths. Hey, hey, hey.

As if one complete blunder wasn't enough for one day...

No, that's a complete xxxxer.

Got to admit, JC would go up in the polls if he demoted DA.

Gawd ! How embarrassing was that. The delectable Diane being slowly roasted.

It wasn't just a failure, it was far far worse, to hear her stumble again and again over the question highlighted a severe lack of skills for any elevated (or otherwise!) governmental position.
    Last edited by Agent K; 3rd May 2017 at 21:11.

It is almost as though she got the job for reasons other than her political prowess or communication skills.

She's obviously good at something.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle
    >>>>> I'm no fan of Ferrari, but he is good and terrier-like when he smells an inconsistency.<<<<
    I quite like him, the one I can't stand on LBC is O'Brian, as soon as he comes on, it's over to BBC Essex
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

I find it hard to rate any of the LBC presenters. I think they are all in character to some degree. By the very virtue I mentioned previously, Ferrari is quick to pull a conversation with a caller far off course if the caller's point doesn't fit the general framework of the Nick Ferrari Show. In short he can be a bit of a bully.

http://newsthump.com/2017/05/05/labo...nts-the-votes/

Labour wins huge majority in local elections after Diane Abbott counts the votes

Labour local elections
    Labour is expected to gain more than eighty million seats after Diane Abbott was asked to count the votes this morning.

Speaking in that breathy, slightly creepy way she has, Abbott declared a huge landslide for Labour across the country – with the Conservatives and SNP facing ‘complete wipeout’ based on her figures.

“Thanks to Diane’s remarkable command of mathematics, Labour have swept to victory with well over 100% of the vote nationwide,” we were told.

“We believe that the birds of the air and the fishes of the seas came forth to cast their vote for him; it’s the only way her maths can be correct.

“She says now we’ve seized the country she’ll be working up her calculations on how we can turn the observable universe into nurses and policemen for 40p each.”

When told that Labour had actually lost, Diane said she wasn’t one hundred and eleventy billion percent certain of the actual numbers but she was confident events would prove her right.

Thread Information