Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2017 General Election thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    The vote for party leader needs to concentrate on ability to lead, not ability to say nice comforting things to people who don't see the big picture.
    Technically his position breaches the rules because he didn't have enough support from other elected Labour MPs, but the court ruled that that rule could be ignored.

Three things have struck me so far, a car when I was five, but that does not count

The fact that tax rises by May and Co could be back on the table, something one feels like them saying " well, we are in an unassailable position so lets just tear up our previous promises we had and go for it, we might lose a few but we should still win"

Corbyn

" We will give you 4 more public holidays" sounds like desperation.

Back to the tax rise issues, I do understand why they may be forced into that position though, when "Just Call Me Dave" was in power and the promise was made, the UK was in a stable long term relationship with Europe, and everything was ticking along rosy.
    Now with Brexit, they obviously realise there may be some severe turbulence ahead on the UK PLC finances that will need to be addressed, hopefully in the short term...no one knows, so it would be foolhardy to tie one-selves down to a promise they may not be able to keep.

Labours failing was when the MPs' lost the ability to choose a leader from amongst themselves and let the party decide.

Last edited by TonyT; 24th April 2017 at 09:44.

the UK was in a stable long term relationship with Europe, and everything was ticking along rosy.
    The EU isn't Europe. Those two names are purposefully interchanged by federalists, attempting to paint EU sceptics as anti European.

And no, things were not "ticking along nicely". Even arch federalists like Guy Verhofstadt admit the EU needs reform, yet every British attempt at reform was met with negativity, and even with ridicule in the case of Cameron. Hopefully when Macron is elected over the channel, his attempts at reform will be more successful.

The EU as it currently stands is deeply unpopular, and corrupt to its very core:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFevdq4wZRw&t=664s

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sels-corporate

Neoliberalism is the true nature of the EU, Without very thorough reform, the EU is doomed to failure.

What!! A general election!!! Agaaaiin!!!!
    Aviation is My Passion. Aviation is My Dream. Aviation is What I Write. You can read my blogs here

Does anyone know how much money is spent in one general election?
    Aviation is My Passion. Aviation is My Dream. Aviation is What I Write. You can read my blogs here

Three things have struck me so far, a car when I was five, but that does not count

The fact that tax rises by May and Co could be back on the table, something one feels like them saying " well, we are in an unassailable position so lets just tear up our previous promises we had and go for it, we might lose a few but we should still win"

Corbyn

" We will give you 4 more public holidays" sounds like desperation.

Back to the tax rise issues, I do understand why they may be forced into that position though, when "Just Call Me Dave" was in power and the promise was made, the UK was in a stable long term relationship with Europe, and everything was ticking along rosy.
    Now with Brexit, they obviously realise there may be some severe turbulence ahead on the UK PLC finances that will need to be addressed, hopefully in the short term...no one knows, so it would be foolhardy to tie one-selves down to a promise they may not be able to keep.

Labours failing was when the MPs' lost the ability to choose a leader from amongst themselves and let the party decide.
    Greece had years of MPs with Corbyn-like promises and see how that turned out.

I honestly don't think we'll be worse off outside the EU in terms of the budget. The GDP may or may not fall but the budget balance will be better either way simply due to the fact that we are the 2nd largest contributor to the EU in terms of direct budget, the 2nd largest in terms of VAT, the largest in terms of import duties on non-EU goods and largest in terms of higher education subsidisation for foreign EU nationals. We just don't have enough export trade with the EU to make a contribution of that magnitude worthwhile.

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showt...23#post2385123

Thread Information