Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: RAFM Hendon ~ 06Apr17

RAFM Hendon ~ 06Apr17

06Apr17
    The most noticeable change, amongst the landscaping that is going on outside, is that the concrete gate and pedestrian arches at the main entrance have been demolished. Inside, the former BoB Hall aircraft that were in Milestones have been moved out into the main building and the Buccaneer and Typhoon that were in the main building have now been moved into Milestones. The Heinkel is having its wings reattached and the former BoB Hall fighters have been moved into a nice little star display opposite the Lancaster. In the order taken.

Sony Cyber-shot RX1R MII

Brian
    The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
    Google+

Thanks for these, Brian.

I guess we just need to trust that it's all going to make sense in the end....
    Listening out for something interesting approaching...

Thank you penpusher for your update photos,

Like you say DragonRapide we will just have to trust all the changes, im just happy we have the Kent Battle of Britain Hawkinge to show the story of the Battle of Britain as its looking like Hendon may of lost there way a little, but we will just have to wait and see, ive not been to Hendon for a while unlike previous years, i will definately be spending more of my time in Kent.
    As for me personally the Battle of Britain hall closing has lost its appeal for me (my opinion of course)

I'm hoping for the best in the end, but find it rather painful to see the state the RAF Museum Hendon presently is.
    Jur

Thank you for the update PP, looks a bit crammed in some areas and not in others. Glad to see the 111 with its wings back on

re:

I am in contact with the PR department and it seems, they have admitted that they made a mistake regarding the Battle of Britain Collection. Feedback suggested that the Blitz exhibition scared visitors. Perhaps these visitors would rather see lines of charred bodies or read the ARP logs for Wandsworth?

At least they had the sense to put the Bolingbrooke with the bombers. It seems Coastal Command will never get a look in as they could have put the Sunderland, Beaufort Seagull and Catalina together.
    pb::

Quote Originally Posted by SADSACK View Post
    Feedback suggested that the Blitz exhibition scared visitors.
    Wasn't that the whole point?

To let today's cossetted little princes and princesses experience a tiny, sanitised sample what their grandparents and great grandparents had to live through so they could be born in freedom?

Gah!

Moggy
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

I am in contact with the PR department and it seems, they have admitted that they made a mistake regarding the Battle of Britain Collection. Feedback suggested that the Blitz exhibition scared visitors. Perhaps these visitors would rather see lines of charred bodies or read the ARP logs for Wandsworth?

At least they had the sense to put the Bolingbrooke with the bombers. It seems Coastal Command will never get a look in as they could have put the Sunderland, Beaufort Seagull and Catalina together.
    War, scarey, well I never! Doesn't seem to put off people going to The London Dungeon!
    The RAFM have made a epic fail on this whole epposode. So they want to celebrate the RAF's 100 Birthday? So lets dismantle the definitive exhibition on the services 'finest hour'! Yes the BoB hall could have done with a clean up and some things fixing but this is rediciolous. Use the random Milestones hall for the 100th rather than break up a unique collection.
    Has anybody got a definitive list of what will be in the 100th exhibition? How long will the exhibition last before they get bored again?

"Our survey says........" I smell male bovine excreta.

I am in contact with the PR department and it seems, they have admitted that they made a mistake regarding the Battle of Britain Collection. Feedback suggested that the Blitz exhibition scared visitors. Perhaps these visitors would rather see lines of charred bodies or read the ARP logs for Wandsworth.
    The PR office said that did they? Would be very interested to read that - would you post their correspondence here by any chance?

FB
    Last edited by Moggy C; 9th April 2017 at 20:06.

re:

Quote Originally Posted by Fournier Boy View Post
    The PR office said that did they? Would be very interested to read that - would you post their correspondence here by any chance?

FB
    Ring the PR department at Hendon. They are very helpful. For example they told me "we dont need the WAAF table replica.... you can go to Bentley Priory and see the real one..."

They have no idea whats happening to Keith Park. The duty office is the one I will miss. I recall it being my earliest memory of the RAFM circa 1984.
    pb::

Thread Information