Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Yak 1 for sale details

Yak 1 for sale details

Not found anything in the search box so heres the link to a very unique recovery and restoration in progress in the Uk
    http://www.yak-1.co.uk/

Incredibly rare and desirable, but I wonder if it will find a buyer in the UK at that price?!

Rob

I think it's been for sale for years
    Give a man a fish and eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he'll die praying for a fish!

I saw the fuselage of this at Little Gransden in the 1990's. Probably its only chance is a rich Russian who suddently decides he wants it!

Wonder if Paul Allen would want it to sit next to his IL-2 and Po-2?

Did this project ever reside with Hawker Restorations? I seem to remember being shown something very Russian at their storage facility sometime in the 90's. For some reason I remember it being a Yak 1.

Best regards;
    Steve
    Steve

its on here, quite nice site with other projects aswell.

http://www.aerovintagespares.com/avs...storation.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernfan View Post
    Incredibly rare and desirable, but I wonder if it will find a buyer in the UK at that price?!

Rob
    I'd imagine having the sale tied to a restoration contract will limit interest even further.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFRochford View Post
    Wonder if Paul Allen would want it to sit next to his IL-2 and Po-2?

Did this project ever reside with Hawker Restorations? I seem to remember being shown something very Russian at their storage facility sometime in the 90's. For some reason I remember it being a Yak 1.

Best regards;
    Steve
    Steve
    Hawker Restorations / AJD built the wing and other bits for this beast a number of years ago as well as carrying out other work towards completion of the project. I am not sure whether this aircraft ever spent time in the storage facility, however there was another forward fuselage / engine / cowlings etc from another Yak fighter stored there at one point.

The other one was a Yak 7 from memory.

1342 has had a bit of a nomadic existence - it was initially with Historic Flying at Audley End, with the fuselage quickly gravitating to Little Gransden. It then moved to Hawkers at Milden, who built the wing, and fitted out much of the fuselage, and finally found its way to Retrotec who have done further work, and built the engine up. It would be great to see it finally finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak 11 Fan View Post
    ...however there was another forward fuselage / engine / cowlings etc from another Yak fighter stored there at one point.
    Ah! Thanks! That's probably what I saw then. Can't remember the year, but was helping Phil collect something or other from the storage and he pointed out the Yak.

Best regards;
    Steve

Thread Information