Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Bomber Command Memorial vandalised

Bomber Command Memorial vandalised

Hope they catch the scum,, a good tarring and feathering is in order here

Disgraceful act, they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Where does it say the Memorial itself was vandalised? Reads like it was just theft of stores and equipment that had been left (what no security guards) for an event.

Brian
    The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
    Google+

That makes it ok then???

Offenders also shredded a wreath left at the base of the memorial spire by a family last week.
    Along with the fencing that was damaged and stolen, it is all part of the site, hence it WAS vandalised

When you go home, tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow, we gave our today.

Sad reflection on the idiots that we have in today's society. They haven't got a clue how lucky they are. They wouldn't have been able to do this under a facist dictatorship if the war had been lost.

Sounds like they were trying to climb it rather than vandalise it: I know the effect is the same but maybe the intent was not so negative.

And yes I am trying to put a positive spin on it. I'm fortunate to have two sons who fully understand what others gave for their today, and so I think it's important to be thankful that not all of our youth is so irreverent.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    WTF do you call this?
    Rust. Is it not meant to look like that? Hard to discern the white marks as vandalism, intrinsically, or to second guess the motivation behind the insignificant white marks you have highlighted.

Has nobody blamed immigrants yet? Obviously too busy dredging up scrap aircraft parts from our collective garages and attics for evaluation on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Rust. Is it not meant to look like that? Hard to discern the white marks as vandalism, intrinsically, or to second guess the motivation behind the insignificant white marks you have highlighted.

Has nobody blamed immigrants yet? Obviously too busy dredging up scrap aircraft parts from our collective garages and attics for evaluation on here...
    I just hope the steel recovers

http://www.steelconstruction.info/Th...entre,_Lincoln

I rather like this response on PPrune, we should have more of this here

They caught 2 scumbags spray painting a wall here in my otherwise peaceful Phoenix suburb last year, first offenders - and they received 2 years in jail, and jail in Phoenix is a tent in the desert - literally.

Strangely we haven't had a single incident since.

Hi All,
    Simple idea here really teach kids to respect their elders from an early age, teach kids about war in particular about the monuments erected to these brave
    people, not wrap everything in cotton wool like they do with just brief mentions of all wars. Every single year should be taught then by the time they leave
    school it is crammed in their heads, dare I say even have remembrance day memorial service both before and after remembrance Sunday in schools ?

My view is if you implant the ideas at an early age all through school life the chances are they will be more respectful as more often than not a member of their
    own family has served in a conflict through the ages..

Geoff.

Thread Information