Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Flying Legends 2017

Flying Legends 2017

The initial lineup is out, has to be worth going just for the Comet.

https://www.flyinglegends.com/aircraft.html

Brilliant, Will I be a Legends? not sure yet

Gotta admit that the Travel Air "Mystery Ship" is another highlight. Remember reading about these planes in an old Air Classics. What about getting the Constellation back again..?

T J
    "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!!!"

Jules Winnfield 1994

A flypast of 109E, Mk1 Spitfire and Hurricane and I'll be happy.

Shuttleworth Gladiator added today also
    " Radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"

Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/8674planes

I travelled with Stephen Grey from Geneva today. I'm glad Legends continues.

As a 20 year legends supporter, I applaud the organisation and commitment that makes it happen, but Flying Legends is essentially a warbird show ( or was) , and it was not so long ago that even two-seat Spits were seen as a bit 'iffy' for the line up.

Golden era racing classics have a natural arena 18 miles way at Old Warden, and their inclusion does rather dilute the theme that has made Legends a must-see international event.

I hope that plenty of warbirds based on the continent can be encouraged to attend, and that the event is not limited to just the much-loved but familiar home grown attractions. I have no doubt that those who make it all happen are pulling every string they can.

Propstrike, the 1980's Warbirds of Great Britain have called and wondered when you'll be going back?
    Flying Legends is a little more inclusive, not just warbirds. Now where did I put my Lockheed 12, Jungmann, Constellation, DC-3, Staggerwing, etc etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Propstrike, the 1980's Warbirds of Great Britain have called and wondered when you'll be going back?
    Flying Legends is a little more inclusive, not just warbirds. Now where did I put my Lockheed 12, Jungmann, Constellation, DC-3, Staggerwing, etc etc....
    I believe it was Stephen Grey who once said something along the lines of "People confuse this (Flying Legends) with a Warbird show. It's not. It's a piston-era show".

Looking forward to this year's as always!

Cheers

Paul
    The most usless commodity in aerobatics is the amount of sky above you!

"People confuse this (Flying Legends) with a Warbird show. It's not. It's a piston-era show". I guess I can't argue with the guy who set it all up!

No doubt it will be well worth attending, and by tradition, the 'headline attractions' tended to be added in the final few weeks,

It has changed in format over the years --a lot of aircraft either no longer display for one reason or another so the participants and types of displays have changed.. you only have to look at the amount of multi engined aircraft that no longer participate just for one.

Anyone know why The Hangar 11 aeroplanes seem to be missing from Leg Ends?

Comet is an excellent addition!

Quote Originally Posted by Trolly Aux View Post
    Anyone know why The Hangar 11 aeroplanes seem to be missing from Leg Ends?
    Been answered on their facebook page before. "We don't pitch for that show" was the gist of the answer, from memory.

With any luck, Hangar 11 will be down at the excellent Headcorn airshow on Legends weekend, as they were in 2015.

You can see the Comet fly every month at Old Warden!
    Give a man a fish and eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he'll die praying for a fish!

Thread Information