Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Night/ Evening photo shoot help

Night/ Evening photo shoot help

I have been asked several times by keen photo taken bods if they can come take some shots of my toy, I was thinking I might lay on an evening/night photo shoot for them like I have seen done at Brunty with the Lightnings. My question is what do I need to do lighting wise as I can only steer an Iphone camera and don't wanna waste peoples time.

Any help would be great

Jon

Your "toy" is ?
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

At Brunty they had lit panel in the hangar facing the aircraft as well as the hangar lighting, externally they had two lights on stands to illuminate the aircraft and had the fire engine wet the ground around the aircraft. It might be worth contacting them or asking the person on here involved, they will be able to give you pointers, the other idea is paint with light...ie torches.

The last one is a 30 second exposure and the people in the shot froze for about 2 minutes to enable it.
    Last edited by TonyT; 21st February 2017 at 14:47.

A couple of worklights on stands will do the job. I use a small portable LED worklight from Screwfix with great results.

It all depends on what you want. Light up enactors or do some subtle light painting.

I recently organised one at Scone, asked for a £10 donation for the local air ambulance and ran an informal workshop at the same time.
    Start small and work up to something big.

Those photo's look very historic and vintage.
    Thanks for sharing.

Those pics are amazing and exactly what I had in mind, thank you for sharing! as for the toyName:  16142905_1785547985104238_7593667680165227722_n.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  105.5 KB which I thought would look nice in an evening/night shot at the corner of the airfield ?

It might be more worthwhile if you could get a few of the other 'interesting' residents to appear too ?

Agreed and going to work on that one. Thought I would start with one and a few local people that have asked, then learn the lessons and build it up to something more and throw some invites out there!

You have a lot of advantages were you are dh82jon including a superb control tower with a museum and cafe , an active airfield were visitors could fly in and you could even tow your Aztec back there and put it on display ! Good luck with it and I hope it goes well for you .

Your toy looks very nice indeed.

I would suggest a night engine run about the end of the blue hour with some light shining into the prop for the full disc effect.
    Nav lights will give some nice colour to the shot but NOT landing lights, too bright and will burn out the pictures.
    Perhaps a red light inside the cockpit to illuminate the pilot, doesn't matter if there's movement.
    If you are lucky perhaps a silhouette shot at sunset, if there is a clear enough area.

Only sorry I can't be there for it.

Thread Information