Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cockpit-Fest 2017 – 17th & 18th June 2017

Very very hot. The drive back with Lynx was eventful with the radiator boiling over.

Overall NAM was quite pleased with the new format and they are greatly appreciative of everyone's support. They already have a few ideas themselves but will also be taking on board all feedback received.

Hopefully by the time of the 2018 Cockpit-Fest event the new cafe/toilets should be in operation adjacent to the new event location. As was advised during the prize giving NAM is dealing with a number of operational challenges and is actively engaged in addressing them. One positive was a much improved pack-up process that was much calmer and organised - thanks for helping with that.

Sorry to hear of your travel issues rocketeer.

Still having issues logging on here via pc so subsequent responses might be fragmented, not the best at working the family iPad!
    Find out what's happening at …. newarkairmuseum.org
    Please consider supporting Project Panini (Mod)

We exhibited in hangar 2 as usual, and we really liked the new layout for Aeroboot etc. It was the hotest Cockpitfest ever! Aeroboot had some excellent bits on offer, we picked up 2 Helmets, a Sarbe beacon, Russian KM16 mask RAF MK4 grey suit (Tony, sorry you boiled over, reckon your car decides to throw a wobbly for this event like it did in 2016? Hope you sort it ok)

We had 3 days of wall to wall laughs, some very interesting conversations, and as ever, so nice to catch up with all of our buddies and the staff at NAM.

We would just like to say a massive thanks to all of you at NAM for all the hard work you put in to make it possible, the Saturday evening social was very much appreciated. Colin I thought you were going to melt on Sunday afternoon! Here's to Cockpitfest 2018!

Newark..... you are the best! xxx

Any good aerojumble acquisitions anyone ?

FS, the poor old Picasso is having age related issues! She has done 175k now. Next year I will probably hire a van for the exhibits! Loved all the displays and pits....it was my 18th Cockpitfest in 17 years. Yep every one of them. I have taken to listing my exhibits for each year on a display. Some of the visitors I have chatted to every year. Great fun!

Thread Information