Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071
Results 2,101 to 2,108 of 2108

Thread: 2017 F-35 news and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot
    Great, so now you think you are one of the top few dozen drivers in the world, and yet you spend your time here trolling a aircraft messageboard....
    We are all honored to have you here among us.
    Glad you feel honored.. but I am not a test driver.. not in the sense you'd understand it.. there is so much more you do and test around cars than just top performance.. the good thing is that unlike in aerospace, in automotive you can easily get to privately own/drive/test the very same thing you're developing..

Greeting from sunny Norway, BTW
    Last edited by MSphere; 24th July 2017 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_light
    I don't care so much about the Sprey interview. I don't have enough patience to listen to 60 minutes Podcast. But internet has enough self proclaimed experts as it is, there is no point for you to say that you are an expert if you can't back it up. If you don't care about appreciation or approval then why even mention it at all?.
    If you read it carefully, you'll note that my qualification never was a topic to this debate.. I have used the above mentioned car as an analogy only.. we all get to use examples from our own line of work sometimes.. topic closed

A bit over 25,000 hours added over the 8 or so months.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Old radar types never die; they just phased array

Quote Originally Posted by Msphere
    If you read it carefully, you'll note that my qualification never was a topic to this debate.. I have used the above mentioned car as an analogy only.. we all get to use examples from our own line of work sometimes.. topic closed
    English isn't my first language but from what i understand
    You said test pilot opinions should not be trusted, the analogy is that your opinion on your car shouldn't be taken as some reputable source which now should be quoted by TopGear, AM&S. In which others replies that, an average car owner doesn't have the level of expertise about their car in the same way a test pilot and Top Gun instructor have about their aircraft. It end with you claim that you are not an average car owner but at the same time refuses to back up that statement by any mean.
    From my perspective, your argument doesn't make alot of sense. If you indeed have as much knowledge about your car as Berke has about aircraft then iam sure your opinion is quotable.

P/s: While we should be able to give examples from our line of work, because you are online, it is a given that anyone can have any jobs so if you don't want to back it up, there is no reason to say it at all.
    Last edited by moon_light; 24th July 2017 at 14:47.

Any attempt to compare evaluations of a Fighter vs a Car (and who to trust) are irrelevant since while a reputable magazine/website can gain 1st hand access to a car in order to do their own test-drive, that will never happen in a fighter, especially a single-seat fighter.

It has nothing to do with experience and everything to do with the fact that only one of those (ie people tied to the project like the test pilot, Op pilot, Ground Crew, programmers, builders, members of Congress & their aides, etc) are going to have access to any real, unfiltered data.
    "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

100.000 flight hour as in all testing? Or is this just a total unrelated testing? Guess its total.

Edit; what i meant was, 100.000 hours is a lot, there is a lot of airframes about. And the testing continues.. which makes me wonder how much more before testing is done.. with F-35 program i guess its an never ending story.
    Last edited by haavarla; 24th July 2017 at 15:58.
    Thanks

Total, SDD, OT, and Operational flight hours.
    "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Quote Originally Posted by moon_light
    You said test pilot opinions should not be trusted, the analogy is that your opinion on your car shouldn't be taken as some reputable source which now should be quoted by TopGear, AM&S. In which others replies that, an average car owner doesn't have the level of expertise about their car in the same way a test pilot and Top Gun instructor have about their aircraft. It end with you claim that you are not an average car owner but at the same time refuses to back up that statement by any mean.
    And what exactly would you want to see from me? Posting my credentials online?

Thread Information