Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newark Air Museum Briefing – 2017

As usual a very good event. Nice to catch up with a few people!
    And yes we came away with some goodies for the Meteor...
    Restoring Meteor NF.14 WS788, one rusty nail at a time...

Didn't see much for me, which after recent spate of surprise acquisitions, is probably no bad thing, but I was stuck to a stall, there was a fair bit there though, and seemed well attended.

Looking forward to the next one already
    Officially now a pensioner

Agreed, I thought it was a good'un, but in my experience, the Spring one usually is, whereas the Autumn one can be patchy.

Lots of people (well, up to noon anyway....), some good stuff on the stalls and lots of chat.

I bought a Universal Bombsight Mounting Bracket, suitable for most of the wartime sights. Not seen another one for a long time.

The weather was kind too after some pretty unpromising forecasts earlier in the week.

On the down side I missed NAM's own clear-out stall by the Wessex. Are the stores now empty, TO?
    The garage that keeps on giving

Yes a good number of buyers and sellers.

Special thanks to Howard for his help with a Wessex question.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, which will be forwarded on to everyone involved at NAM!

Brief update added to the event thank you on NAM’s website.

“[05.03.17 update] - yesterday's sale saw near record visitor levels attend - only 16 people fewer that the best ever visitor figures to an Indoor Aeroboot sale at the museum; thank you all for attending!”

Blue_2 – it was good to chat & pleased to facilitate assistance on NF14 viewing. Photos will follow via email.

Junk Collector – sorry there was not much for you.

Air Ministry – I left at 1.30pm to fulfil some family commitments & as I signed out there were still buyers arriving at NAM who specifically asked about the sale (packing-up time issues seem to have been addressed). The better than forecast weather really helped – although on grass overflow parking was not possible. NAM is still going through non-accessed stores items; NAM stall cancelled Wednesday due to illness & lack of suitable replacement NAM volunteer. The tables were reallocated to 2 sellers off the waiting list. Most likely outcome is that the NAM stall will be back at 14th October sale.

smirky – pleased to have helped with the Wessex access, fetching the key was good exercise. Access provision for similar enquiries / assistance was also provided to Venom NF3, Meteor NF14 (as above) and with an engine enquiry!

Good to meet a few other people yesterday on what was a pleasingly busy day!
    Find out what's happening at …. newarkairmuseum.org
    Please consider supporting Project Panini (Mod)

No worries, been around long enough to know you can't win them all. As I said given recent outgoings it does me no harm
    Officially now a pensioner

NAM website reporting that the first BBMF flypasts have been confirmed for the Hastings & Shackleton Anniversary event in May:

Saturday 20th May - Lancaster
    Sunday 21st May - Spitfire

Event details in here!
    Last edited by TwinOtter23; 7th March 2017 at 17:33. Reason: Typo!

Details about the summer Aeroboot / Aerojumble on 17th & 18th June, during Cockpit-Fest can now be found on the NAM website: further details in here!

Reports from NAM’s twitter feed that it has secured additional BBMF flypasts for its 1940s event on 12 & 13 August this year: Saturday – Spitfire, Hurricane & Lancaster; Sunday Lancaster – further event details will no doubt appear in here!

Reports on other fora show: “Tomorrow there’s an open cockpit opportunity on Vulcan XM594 tomorrow at the museum and also the Argosy procedures trainer will be open for business.”

The NAM website is now showing details of their 1940s Weekend on August 12 & 13 with details in here!

It includes confirmation of BBMF flypasts on both days:
    Saturday 12th August – Spitfire, Hurricane & Lancaster
    Sunday 13th August – Lancaster

There’s been a steady influx of Aeroboot/Aerojumble bookings for the summer sale that takes place alongside Cockpit-Fest on 17 & 18 June, 2017 – further Aeroboot details in here!

This sale will take place on NAM’s Southfield Site and will be in a slightly different location to reflect the new site fence lines that are being established following the recent redevelopment work at the museum.

Invitations to individuals and groups to participate at 1940s Weekend event at NAM on August 12 & 13, 2017 have been emailed out today. Updates will appear in here!

Thread Information