Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seen On Ebay 2017

Westland Scout up for grabs. Missing tail boom.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westland-S...wAAOSw32lYqwzw
    It's the one you don't see that gets you (usually)...

No idea who might be selling this!

Southend Aviation Museum guide

Slight plug. Hardly going to make anyone rich though...
    Toodlepipski

Quote Originally Posted by flyingblind View Post
    Were these items really fitted to Spitfires

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282355218889
    I've got 3 of them of which 2 are marked 110BB/879 then NAF68986-1. They look to be exactly the same. What makes me question them is that they have the makers details marked on them as 'Doolittle Radio Inc' which smacks to me as an American item. Wouldn't have thought they were fitted to Spits ??.
    The type 93 was a standard aerial for the MkIII IFF system, which was standardised during WWII so that kit was common to both the UK and US. I think the 93 was speed limited to 350mph - so technically probably not correct for Spitfire, and 'Doolittle' does suggest US kit in this case. My ref - http://www.qsl.net/pe1ngz/airforce/a...f/raf-iff.html
    www.whirlwindfighterproject.org
    It's all good. Probably.

Not eBay I might add but for those with deep pockets there are several seats for sale here, including B-17, FW190, Hurricane, Whitley and Halifax etc

http://spitfirespares.co.uk/Aircraft%20seats.html

Rob

Not sure if the advertising of a commercial site is allowed on here, Mods ? I know if an individual puts items for sale it gets removed from the forum. Most people Know of the site and its over the top prices, but if money is no object ....... The Hurricane seat adjuster is not a Hurricane seat adjuster, the Hurricane seat is probably from a early Meteor, it is the same as a Hurricane though. The price of the seat is crazy I have seen them for £500 - £1000, that's about the going rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Worcs Aviation View Post
    Not sure if the advertising of a commercial site is allowed on here, Mods ? I know if an individual puts items for sale it gets removed from the forum. Most people Know of the site and its over the top prices, but if money is no object ....... The Hurricane seat adjuster is not a Hurricane seat adjuster, the Hurricane seat is probably from a early Meteor, it is the same as a Hurricane though. The price of the seat is crazy I have seen them for £500 - £1000, that's about the going rate.
    I think this query has been raised before and the answer was that Spitfirespares regularly pay for advertisement space in Flypast magazine, therefore they are allowed to be referred too on this forum. Personally I don't see a problem with that if they are financially supporting the magazine. No doubt the financial contributions of all advertisers help keep the magazine in business which in turn helps support the existence of this forum.
    I have no connection with this company(SS) but just passing on what has been previously raised on this forum previously a couple of years back.

Evening all just a quick word of caution the Whitley seat mentioned earlier appears identical to a Airspeed Oxford pilots seat when compared to the image in the illustrated spare parts schedule (original copy) i have. If anyone is interested i'm happy to post the image so you can compare for yourselves.
    Yeti

Looks like they may have a lot of drawings in them for British parts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VICKERS-AR...cAAOSwpDdVdsjr
    Last edited by TonyT; 9th March 2017 at 12:58.

Nice alternate to an Aircraft engine to restore, and could be used to drive stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-AIRCRA...3D132117159484

Pedantic I haven't been that for 4 minutes 36 secs
    http://www.arc-design-it.co.uk

Yes, I think if someone wants to try and sell a Whitley seat for almost £2500 they should at least bother to confirm that's what it is. It's definitely not Whitley and I too would say airspeed oxford.

Well that is straight from the horses mouth and confirms the seat, thank you WP

Yep - 100% Oxford here is another one.

Name:  June 2 005.JPG
Views: 907
Size:  1.26 MB

Lots of items on that site that are not what they say they are. Buyer beware !

Quote Originally Posted by Worcs Aviation View Post
    Lots of items on that site that are not what they say they are. Buyer beware !
    Which I guess is why that individual sells privately rather than on EBay where there is at least some buyer protection against fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
    Yes, this one definitely is. The seller produces one Whirlwind item at a time, several months apart. If you are someone on here, 109, can you get in touch? We do have some money as a project, but as a group it is our policy not to buy parts individually via eBay.
    www.whirlwindfighterproject.org
    It's all good. Probably.

[QUOTE=Wyvernfan;2378391]Not eBay I might add but for those with deep pockets there are several seats for sale here, including B-17, FW190, Hurricane, Whitley and Halifax etc

Looking at the bullet hole in the FW190 parachute back pack pan, did we use the Puckle gun at Arnhem?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitley_Project View Post
    Yes, I think if someone wants to try and sell a Whitley seat for almost £2500 they should at least bother to confirm that's what it is. It's definitely not Whitley and I too would say airspeed oxford.
    Anyone know what the aircrew in the Whitley photo are wearing? Some sort of jerkin, not a harness suit, not a para suit, so what is it?

Those are chest type Harnessuit`s. The lack of parachute clips on the back and the anchor point clip between the legs identifies them as such. There are three types of Harnessuit, chest, seat and dual purpose. The dual purpose being the most common, the chest type being extremely rare and the seat type being hideously rare. The backs of the suits have been painted with dope to aid visibility.
    Hope this helps.
    I don`t care to belong to any club that accepts people like me as members!

This is not what it pertains to be - it's from a Fraser Nash turret, not a BF109

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nice-clean...UAAOSwWxNYuVBr

Having seen this sellers items before, i wouldn`t touch anything he sells with a barge pole.

He was selling an incendiary bomb case from a heinkel crash. Apparently they were dropping British incendiaries that night.

Well, Germany was short of bombs in the begining...

Quote Originally Posted by bananasplits View Post
    Those are chest type Harnessuit`s. The lack of parachute clips on the back and the anchor point clip between the legs identifies them as such. There are three types of Harnessuit, chest, seat and dual purpose. The dual purpose being the most common, the chest type being extremely rare and the seat type being hideously rare. The backs of the suits have been painted with dope to aid visibility.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks for that. I was aware of the anchor point but they still didn't look quite like it to me. Second opinions cn be usefull at these times.

Re the incendiary bomb, there's a photo in a book of a Bomb Disposal officer at Biggin Hill surveying some bombs dropped in a raid on the airfiled and some of those are British. Allegedley captured by the Germans I can see some objections but none are insurmountable given the amount of equipment the Germans must have captured. It would have been much easier to convert to the British system thean the German one.

It's the one you don't see that gets you (usually)...

I don't believe British bombs were ever dropped over the uk by the Luftwaffe in ww2. The containers that held these incenderies and the way they were racked on the aircraft and the way the bombs were released just weren't compatible. I've seen that photo and all the bombs look German to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitley_Project View Post
    This is not what it pertains to be - it's from a Fraser Nash turret, not a BF109

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nice-clean...UAAOSwWxNYuVBr
    This seller repeatedly lies. No other word for it. The problem is nothing gets done about it if one raises it - eBay don't care.

No problem, i speak from experience, i have all the three types of suits and the Parasuit as well.

This is the second time this has appeared, first sold for £410!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2628922738...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Did we loose any F22/24 Spitfires during the war???

GYD

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Ye Daur View Post
    This is the second time this has appeared, first sold for £410!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2628922738...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Did we loose any F22/24 Spitfires during the war???

GYD
    Isn't the AH no. Also Meteor fitment?

Thread Information