Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Chinese air power thread 18

J-20 officially officially serving in Air Force. http://www.eastpendulum.com/avion-de...tre-en-service

(announcement the 7th on CCTV-7)

Quote Originally Posted by Deino View Post
    Even more on the H-6, their tail tip is white and You can clearly see the difference to the rest of the body, which is grey.
    Off white vs gloss white would show the same contrast (tail tip) Just b/c off white is darker than gloss does not make it grey

Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    Ignore list is made for situations like this.
    Yep. Join a discussion forum to put people with differing opinions or interpretations on ignore.

It's really funny that You still prefer to repost older reports regardless how dated and probably wrong they are instead of looking and thinking on Your own.

IMO this whole stupid - or at least completely sense-less - discussion is more on semantics and individual perception but on facts. The J-20's colour esp. on the 2001 & 2002 demonstrators is indeed unique and depending the image You pick up it is indeed a bit greenish (maybe olive), dark grey, charcoal or whatever. But again it is more a matter of light than that the colour is true green like grass ! :-)

The H-6 however is at least IMO clearly light-grey with white tail-tips.

Deino
    And as I said..

There are many shades of grey military aircraft out there. And these greys are quite common. It makes more categorical sense to call the H6 white because it is way more distinctly light than typical light grey aircraft. Plus language is the most effective as it gets simpler and more efficient. So rather than say light-grey it is faster to say or type white.

So yeah. I suppose it is technically a very light grey. Take a bow. And there has to be a point where a certain shade brings a color from grey to white. But I am going to keep calling it white because it makes the most sense to call it white. And if your kids soccer ball rolled underneath a parked H6, and your kid asked you where his ball went, you'd probably say, under the *white* jet over there.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    Off white vs gloss white would show the same contrast (tail tip) Just b/c off white is darker than gloss does not make it grey
    You guys are indeed funny !!!

Are still convinced that it is a dark-white on the body and a light-white on the tip ??

... and concerning "GREEN" ... the colour on the C919's tail is what I would call green.

Deino
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H-6K 11095 - Zhuhai - 25.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	251858   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COMAC C919 - 20170310 - 1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	251859  

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.
    -------------------------------------------------
    W.H.Auden (1945)

Are still convinced that it is a dark-white on the body and a light-white on the tip ??

... and concerning "GREEN" ... the colour on the C919's tail is what I would call green.

Deino
    As I already said, in the world of light grey military aircraft, the H6K is comparatively white. If you were at any airport full of grey aircraft and your sons soccer ball rolled under an H6, you would tell him that his soccer ball is under the *white* jet over there. You would not say grey.

These J10's are light grey.
    Last edited by KGB; 10th March 2017 at 16:34.

Yes the light grey and dark grey colors are taken from those H-6 resp. J-20 photos. Clearly they're exactly the same as white and dark green.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colors.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	251862
    How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more.
    Yngwie Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Yes the light grey and dark grey colors are taken from those H-6 resp. J-20 photos. Clearly they're exactly the same as white and dark green.
    ]
    Are you calling those J 10's dark grey ?

What's this J-16 then ?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colors.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	251862
    The light gray looks more like the white & the dark gray looks more like the dark green. Or are you suggesting the opposite?

Are you calling those J 10's dark grey ?

What's this J-16 then ?

Green

Discussion for the sake of discussion...

In both cases, what's under the color is much more interesting .
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

In both cases, what's under the color is much more interesting .

PS:

Some rumors flying around in Chinese language fora. According to the translations, initially they thought the J-11D has been cancelled. But now it seems it is not cancelled but delayed to 2018 or may 2019. Looks like the 24x Su-35 are not the end of the story. According to one speculation the number might increase to 96!!! In-terms of new fighters of the PLAAF, J-20 is strictly to deal with the F-22/F-35 type threats. Su-35 is the heavy multirole fighter encompassing many areas for the PLAAF. J-16 for attack and growler type roles. The J-10C will be the main medium fighter. There is an active J-10D project. J-11B will be getting AESA and other avionic upgrades.

So the immediate future of the PLAAF in terms of new fighters is going to be - J-20, Su-35, J-16, J-10B/10C

Quote Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post

Discussion for the sake of discussion...
    It would be good to have a thread where we can post female celebs that remind us of certain fighter jets. It could be kept clean. Doesn't have to be dirty.. That^ lady reminds me of a Gripen. Slender but not skinny.

I think in the old days the only white military aircraft were blinding "anti-flash white". Anything a shade darker is "air superiority gray".

You guys realise that colours do not actually exist, right?
    Last edited by Rii; 11th March 2017 at 07:58.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    J-16 (AESA) - 20?
    J-10B - (PESA, will be upgraded to the 10C AESA) - ???
    J-10C - (AESA) - 50?

Not sure about the actual numbers. Maybe 20+ J-16, 100+ J-10B/10C (maybe closing in on 150). Again, I am not sure about the numbers. Best if you check with Deino.
    There are that many serial J-16s and J-10Cs already flying?

Merci!
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

There are that many serial J-16s and J-10Cs already flying?

Merci!
    Well these serials have been spotted by the Chinese Internet. Here is an aggregation by Hui Tong:

J-16 serials: 78x7x - http://chinese-military-aviation.blo...raft.html#J-16
    J-10B serials: 78x1x, 10x3x, 3xx0x, 30x2x, 78x7x? - http://chinese-military-aviation.blo...-ii.html#J-10B
    J-10C seriels: 78x1x? 78x7x? 5xx5x? - http://chinese-military-aviation.blo...-ii.html#J-10C

56 J-10B since 2014, and likely similar number of J-10C. Below are J-10C with factory numbers (2-49 and 2-5x) right out of the oven.

About 24 (1 regiment?) of J-16 have been built and the 2nd batch is now incoming. Factory number 2-07 had been spotted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J10C-2-49-x1 (2).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	251866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J10C-2-5x-x1 (1).jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	251867  
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 11th March 2017 at 04:40. Reason: info added

J-16 (AESA) - 20?
    J-10B - (PESA, will be upgraded to the 10C AESA) - ???
    J-10C - (AESA) - 50?

Not sure about the actual numbers. Maybe 20+ J-16, 100+ J-10B/10C (maybe closing in on 150). Again, I am not sure about the numbers. Best if you check with Deino.
    I've read that J-16 is something like over 30 in total as of very late last year, and J-10B and J-10C combined was something like 120 (so about 60 each)

I think one regiment's worth of J-16 has been "in service" for at least a year, with second batch production occurring over the last few months/to now probably. All J-10Bs I imagine should have been in service starting from 2015 to 2016, and J-10Cs entering service probably from late 2016 to now.
    Last edited by Blitzo; 11th March 2017 at 04:43.

PS:

Some rumors flying around in Chinese language fora. According to the translations, initially they thought the J-11D has been cancelled. But now it seems it is not cancelled but delayed to 2018 or may 2019. Looks like the 24x Su-35 are not the end of the story. According to one speculation the number might increase to 96!!! In-terms of new fighters of the PLAAF, J-20 is strictly to deal with the F-22/F-35 type threats. Su-35 is the heavy multirole fighter encompassing many areas for the PLAAF. J-16 for attack and growler type roles. The J-10C will be the main medium fighter. There is an active J-10D project. J-11B will be getting AESA and other avionic upgrades.

So the immediate future of the PLAAF in terms of new fighters is going to be - J-20, Su-35, J-16, J-10B/10C
    That's a juicy rumor.. There was word of 48 copies at the start of negotiations way back when.. Maybe they really like the new su 35.

Some rumors flying around in Chinese language fora. According to the translations, initially they thought the J-11D has been cancelled. But now it seems it is not cancelled but delayed to 2018 or may 2019. Looks like the 24x Su-35 are not the end of the story. According to one speculation the number might increase to 96!!!
    Any reasons given for the delay?

In-terms of new fighters of the PLAAF, J-20 is strictly to deal with the F-22/F-35 type threats. Su-35 is the heavy multirole fighter encompassing many areas for the PLAAF. J-16 for attack and growler type roles. The J-10C will be the main medium fighter. There is an active J-10D project. J-11B will be getting AESA and other avionic upgrades.
    Well, ain't that the same as J-11D?

Frankly, this is exactly what I would propose as a nearly ideal composition of a major fighter force. That idea about an all-stealth force is completely nuts, IMHO.

Can someone refresh my memory, what is the status of Chinese Flankers + J-10 as far as phased arrays and in-service numbers are concerned?
    Around 100 j10b/c and regiment or so (20+) of j16 should have some operational capability... If one is to count all phased array fighters handed over to plaaf then we could add several su35 and some more j16

It would be good to have a thread where we can post female celebs that remind us of certain fighter jets. It could be kept clean. Doesn't have to be dirty.. That^ lady reminds me of a Gripen. Slender but not skinny.
    ohh you dont know blue dress gold dress drama

Deino
    you better tell Hui Tong and ACIG their color descriptions were wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Around 100 j10b/c and regiment or so (20+) of j16 should have some operational capability... If one is to count all phased array fighters handed over to plaaf then we could add several su35 and some more j16
    If we're counting all phased array fighters handed to the military in any capacity, I think you could throw a half dozen or more J-20As in there as well.

If we're counting all phased array fighters that are currently flying, I think J-16D, J-11D, and potentially J-15A and J-15D would be counted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by foxmulder_ms View Post
    in the end, there was only one true color for that dress and it was blue.

Quote Originally Posted by foxmulder_ms View Post
    No. Women I look at on the internet tend not to have cloths on and if they do, it ain't much.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    A quick verbal statement on CCTV about J-20 "entering service" is not that significant in that regard given the accumulation of other events in J-20's development else over the last few years.
    It's all over the specialized press today. I was not that much offtrack in final
    Last edited by TomcatViP; 12th March 2017 at 05:35.

Quote Originally Posted by MSphere View Post
    Any reasons given for the delay?
    Not clear. I thought it might be the new engine but it seems the engine is now ready for full production. There was also some talk of major structural changes that is causing the delays. Unspecified but, It is supposed to have far more radical internal changes than the J-11B.

Quote Originally Posted by MSphere View Post
    Well, ain't that the same as J-11D?
    There will be some similarities such as the AESA and a some other avionics upgrades. But, the J-11D is a new plane. It will have structural changes especially internal, along with the brand new avionics. J-11D can be considered the heavy twin seat counterpart of the J-10C.

Entry in service means different thing in eastern and western practise, given that we doesn't know much about Chinese procedures, any of such announcements have to be taken with two grains of salt.
    They often mix one nomenclature with other also, see the case of LRIP J-20 that sorted out being a gross equivalent to russian state trials prototypes...

Thread Information