Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A special day, and not just one !

At around 4.30pm to-day in not very kind weather, a solitary Spitfire at about 1500ft, came along the seaward end of Chichester harbour from West to East. The difference ? In response to my demented waving I got a wing waggle !

At around 12.30pm to-day appeared over Chichester Harbour a single Spitfire making clockwise and anti clockwise orbits at about 2,000 feet. The weather was good with scattered cloud.

After about ten minutes of orbiting at perhaps the slowest speed I've seen with any Spitfire, two other smaller a/c appeared and formatted on the Spit. To far away to be identified with any accuracy, they might have been some variety of Extra. All three then departed to the East.

A familiar sound to-day and just a glimpse. High overcast cloud cover and good horizontal visibility brought a single Spitfire on a circular, clockwise pass around Chichester harbour. At about 2,000 ft. and crossing the far western shore of Langstone harbor before circling over the far eastern side of Chichester harbour. All this at about 2.30pm. with no aerobatics that I could see.

Thread Information